Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 95661 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Knights - hamstring injury [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
Will stand corrected but wasn't the dislocation and the subsequent serious ligament damage last year to his good knee?

And sorry and I'm no medical expert but I don't understand how dislocating a kneecap is a result of being injury prone, it was freak injury.

I know he had injury probs in Adelaide but weren't they predominantly soft tissue? This knee injury was not a soft tissue injury

I thought he'd had injuries on both legs? Could argue it doesn't matter what knee because the fact is he has injured both now.

If I remember correctly his dislocation was a result of ligament/tendon tear (depends what was actually damaged as I can't remember). This means it was a soft tissue injury as soft tissue refers to tendon, ligaments, muscles, synovial membranes etc. Pretty much anything that isn't bone. Not sure where this notion of a patella dislocation not being a soft tissue injury has come from as I've heard it a couple of times. In all seriousness I would like to hear what YBB has to say about it because generally his opinion is one I take on board.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #511 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »
Will stand corrected but wasn't the dislocation and the subsequent serious ligament damage last year to his good knee?

And sorry and I'm no medical expert but I don't understand how dislocating a kneecap is a result of being injury prone, it was freak injury.

I know he had injury probs in Adelaide but weren't they predominantly soft tissue? This knee injury was not a soft tissue injury

I thought he'd had injuries on both legs? Could argue it doesn't matter what knee because the fact is he has injured both now.

If I remember correctly his dislocation was a result of ligament/tendon tear (depends what was actually damaged as I can't remember). This means it was a soft tissue injury as soft tissue refers to tendon, ligaments, muscles, synovial membranes etc. Pretty much anything that isn't bone. Not sure where this notion of a patella dislocation not being a soft tissue injury has come from as I've heard it a couple of times. In all seriousness I would like to hear what YBB has to say about it because generally his opinion is one I take on board.

Agree I'd like to hear YBB opinion on this as well.

Also that's where we differ in what we've heard. I heard at a pre-match function last year after he dislocated his knee that the dislocation had caused major ligament & tendon damage (similar to Astbury's a few years back). Hence, my comment about this knee injury not being soft tissue.

As I said will stand corrected only going by what I was told last year  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #512 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Regardless if it was soft tissue, hard tissue, pliable tissue or  kleenex tissue, it's about time he be given his favourite meal and taken down to the back paddock.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #513 on: August 19, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »

Agree I'd like to hear YBB opinion on this as well.

Also that's where we differ in what we've heard. I heard at a pre-match function last year after he dislocated his knee that the dislocation had caused major ligament & tendon damage (similar to Astbury's a few years back). Hence, my comment about this knee injury not being soft tissue.

As I said will stand corrected only going by what I was told last year  :thumbsup

I think the point is though is this has all resulted in yet another soft tissue injury as his soft tissue (ligaments/tendon) has been inured ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #514 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »
Reckon the club medicos didn't help with his rehab from the knee problems this year, the floating bone issue

Only real soft tissue injury he has had in 2014 is the quad he did on Saturday  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #515 on: August 19, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »
Any injury, freak or otherwise, contributes to someone being 'injury prone'.

Too true

Regardless if it was soft tissue, hard tissue, pliable tissue or  kleenex tissue, it's about time he be given his favourite meal and taken down to the back paddock.

:lol

I've got no problem with the club spending a year on the rookie wage to see if we can get something out of our initial 2 year investment, whether he'd take that or not is a different story.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Chris Knights [merged]
« Reply #516 on: August 21, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »
The 2014 season has come to an unfortunate end for Chris Knights, who suffered a quad injury in the VFL last Saturday.

Source: RFC website

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #517 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
Surely they'll delist him now
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #518 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
Don't call me Shirley.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
Knights interviewed after today's game about his return to footy ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-02-28/preseason-round-1-knights-return

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #520 on: February 28, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »
Secret weapon.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
Is clearly good enough if he can stand up.

But can be stand up?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
Still irks me how goal hungry he is