Author Topic: Too Good to Play Seconds???  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Too Good to Play Seconds???
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »
Why do some players who are injured get straight back into the ones? What are the differentiating factors? Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong have no problems playing their guns in the 2nds.

I realise that these clubs have depth - but it is something else at Tigerland. Feels like an attitude that some players think they are too good to play 2nds.

Now there is an exceptions list to this bracket - and my only qualification or criteria is that these players have the ability to just win the ball and play well despite their situation. I would put Cotchin & Tuck and perhaps Delidio into this bracket given their average in poorer games in still better that our average to good players.

But players like for example - Vickery, Riewoldt, King all come back straight into the side without playing in the 2nds. They usually play like crap for a few games, play one good game then get injured again?

Would it not be better to develop 2nds players in their spots and bring them back into the ones with some form / match fitness.

Would be interested to hear your thought and logic on this one - because I think it impedes the development of our 2nds and effects the performances of the 1sts

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Too Good to Play Seconds???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:15 AM »
Depth.

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
cause at RFC anyone can get a game

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
cause at RFC anyone can get a game

This is true, goes to show how really meantily weak McDonald was! What a putz, could have had 20 games under his belt now if he wasn't such a girl :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
Jackson is too goodgr 2nds

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
When did Riewoldt come straight back into the seniors?