Author Topic: How will we go against the Blues  (Read 8033 times)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: How will we go against the Blues
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 07:08:29 AM »
Another Excellent review MT

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »
Im starting to get an eery feeling about this one.....

Come on guys....this is the acid test. To win when we are expected to, and to back up a top performance last week.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Ox

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 10:28:56 AM »
me too.

we'll go well. :thumbsup

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 01:31:25 PM »
me too.

we'll go well. :thumbsup

Hope you're right Ox man.

Must admit I always get a bit nervous when we start favourite and all the tipsters have picked us. In the past it's just the type of game we'd drop.

Lets' hope they can do it for the Chaffster  :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol What an inspiration he's been to the team over the years  ;D ;D :o :o

letsgetiton!

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 02:15:58 PM »
i am pretty confident

richo has yet to play a huge game against the blues, well its been a while anyway and he will come out pumped.
its not his fault but the previous coaches he had that never had a game plan that conter acted every move against him, 3 on 1, 4 on 1 etc.

tw on the other hand does not care if richo kicks a bag or not, as long as he plays to the game plan. last week he kicked 3 goals out of what, 19!  and he dominated!

tw also has the upper hand against pagan, and the fact that we have king in our coaching staff is a bonus and im sure he had alot to do with last week as teh roos have it over port!

i believe we will win this game comfortably, i can see us kicking 2 to 3 goals a quarter more than them, 2 goals a q more will give us an 8 goal win. our midfield and fwd line is above theirs imo, thus we should have more inside 50s and more shots on goal. our ruck department is strong, our defence is holding up, all we have to do is stick to the paln and stauy focused and never get ahead of ourselves.
krak will fire this week i can see it  and i believe deledio tambling and meyer will all be surprises and dominate.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Blues a measuring stick - Wallace
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 05:22:29 PM »
Blues a measuring stick for Wallace
2:11:01 PM Fri 6 May, 2005
Andrew Wu
Sportal for afl.com.au

Despite thrashing reigning premiers Port Adelaide last week, Richmond coach Terry Wallace believes this Saturday's clash with Carlton at the MCG will give him a better indication of how much his side had improved this season.

Wallace downplayed the significance of the victory over the Power, believing that clubs had to win at home, especially when playing against interstate sides, if they were to be a threat in the competition.

"I still don’t think we've proven much. Sides playing on their home ground ought to beat interstate sides," Wallace said after training at Punt Road Oval on Friday morning.

"If you were playing a home game with all your home supporters there, and they’ve got to do the travel and they're got to do everything like that, if you're going to be any good in this competition you win your home game. And I thought that’s all we achieved last week."

Wallace said a victory against arch-rival Carlton, who the Tigers have not beaten since the 2001 finals series, would be a more accurate yard stick of the progress his side had made.

"If we want to be a good team, if we want to be a good Richmond side you got to beat Carlton sides. That's what it's all about," he said.

"We might be going in as favourites but you know with Denis Pagan sides they're always pretty hungry for success."

The Tigers practiced thumping the ball into space from stoppages at training but Wallace said that was not an indication that his side would be trying to avoid playing the tough one-on-one style of football, which Carlton, under coach Denis Pagan, has been renown for.

"All we're trying to do is we're trying to get our running and flowing game going as much as what we possibly can. It’s a way that we want to play football. We want to play a good attacking style of footy," he said.

"They play a nice tight hard game. Denis has always played an inside game and we need to match them in that inside football."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=200931

Terry might be stretching the motivation factor here a touch lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd