Author Topic: Kayne Pettifer  (Read 2911 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Kayne Pettifer
« on: May 05, 2005, 03:48:31 PM »
I don't know if this has already been covered (couldn't find it on search) but what did everyone think of Pettifer giving it to Port when he kicked that goal.  I know it was mentioned on "On the Couch" and "White Line Fever".  Browny was a bit dirty that Pettifer didn't handball it to him.  IMO, although it was good to give it to Port, but no-one likes arrogance (leave that to Matthew Lloyd).  Also apparently Richo socked it to Kayne in the face when Kayne came over at one stage to congratulate him - lol :lol :rollin

letsgetiton!

Re: Kayne Pettifer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 04:39:04 PM »
I don't know if this has already been covered (couldn't find it on search) but what did everyone think of Pettifer giving it to Port when he kicked that goal.  I know it was mentioned on "On the Couch" and "White Line Fever".  Browny was a bit dirty that Pettifer didn't handball it to him.  IMO, although it was good to give it to Port, but no-one likes arrogance (leave that to Matthew Lloyd).  Also apparently Richo socked it to Kayne in the face when Kayne came over at one stage to congratulate him - lol :lol :rollin

that sock in the face was earlier , had nothing to do with petteifer arrogance.

imo, i dont care what he did, reg of what brown said, sugar sai and tw said, kane just showed gr8 pleasure in his achievements. he has been kicked , put down and shat on, this was a sign that he wanted to show that he loved being able to show he can play, the shackles are broken so to speak!

no body, no commentator mentioned that brown himself twice in the game showed arrogance. onces he waved his finger pointing to the crowd after a goal , and after he wagged his tongue like a dog laughing in celebration!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 04:41:07 PM »
and after he wagged his tongue like a dog laughing in celebration!

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 04:42:07 PM »
mt, how do u add pics into a post?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 04:48:20 PM »

There's two ways you can do it X. Type in the img tags youself with the pic's web location between them:

Code: [Select]
[img]image web address[/img]
or click on the icon then put in the image web location between the "img" tags.

Cheers,

MT.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 05:06:54 PM »

There's two ways you can do it X. Type in the img tags youself with the pic's web location between them:

Code: [Select]
[img]image web address[/img]
or click on the icon then put in the image web location between the "img" tags.

Cheers,

MT.
thanx champ :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 05:32:01 PM »
what did everyone think of Pettifer giving it to Port when he kicked that goal.

Considering our past record, don’t think it was necessary or justified.  We haven’t done anything yet to warrant being that arrogant.

Kane Johnson and some of the senior players apparently spoke to him about it after and TW said on WLF last night that he doesn’t agree with that sort of thing.

Despite that incident, I thought Kayne played a pretty good game.  His work rate was probably the best that I can remember, which is a good sign.  If he’s prepared to work hard and lift his intensity he could become a valuable player, because judging by the game on the weekend, he seems to have that goal-sense that goal sneaks have.  Would be good if he can continue to improve and become consistent.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 05:51:41 PM »
what did everyone think of Pettifer giving it to Port when he kicked that goal.

Considering our past record, don’t think it was necessary or justified.  We haven’t done anything yet to warrant being that arrogant.

what do u make of browns antics and arrogance so far? no different, the boys have to enjoy their footy  to play well, let them do it, kb was the best show off of them all, reg if we were in front or not, he kicked a goal , stuck his arms up and ran laps!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »

I remember thinking after the game if we're a touch arrogant now imagine how much opposition supporters will hate our guts when we start winning flags!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »

I remember thinking after the game if we're a touch arrogant now imagine how much opposition supporters will hate our guts when we start winning flags!

Sounds good to me.

I don't care how arrogant he becomes just as long as he can back it up. walk the talk.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 06:42:22 PM »

exactly! nothiing wrong with being arrogant

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 06:43:28 PM »

Sounds good to me.

I don't care how arrogant he becomes just as long as he can back it up. walk the talk.

exactly, does matthews care that aker is a arrogant show pony?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 06:45:44 PM »
  Browny was a bit dirty that Pettifer didn't handball it to him. - lol :lol :rollin

he was but tw on wlf did say that pett did the right thing to runj in and kick it because to pass the ball to brown by hand or foot  could have been a clanger possession and running in tyo kick it was th ebest option

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »
Don’t have a problem with players having fun out there, X, I'm all for it, but there’s a big difference between enjoying the moment with your teammates/supporters and rubbing the opposition’s nose in it.  Don’t think Port won’t remember that either.

KB played in 5 premierships and played 403 games.  What has Kayne Pettifer done yet, apart from struggle to play consistent footy in a team that has just come off the bottom of the ladder?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 02:20:28 PM »
Don’t have a problem with players having fun out there, X, I'm all for it, but there’s a big difference between enjoying the moment with your teammates/supporters and rubbing the opposition’s nose in it.  Don’t think Port won’t remember that either.

KB played in 5 premierships and played 403 games.  What has Kayne Pettifer done yet, apart from struggle to play consistent footy in a team that has just come off the bottom of the ladder?

kane pettifer is a beter player than many think, his past years are danny frawleys fault. i know 4 a fact that danny f head hated petts guts (i know petts uncle and a close friend of thefamily). danny f head never wanted him to succeed, y who knows, but petts is a gifted player and he as i and all richmond should not fear being arrogant and shoveing up opponents, aker does , brown wagging his toungue , composing his arms  is no different, showing of is all arrogance and arrogance is gr8 as it means u r confident. and petts was arrogant, but all he did was touch th eground instead of bouncing and looked around to see all was clear . who cares if he stirred them up, good on him, coaches laughing in teh box is no different, who cares if a bet was made or not, lets face it , its gr8 to shove it up em , ask teddy!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 02:22:10 PM by X-CITED »