Author Topic: Mitch Morton  (Read 14223 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mitch Morton
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »
Well done Mitch, you played your part and definitely contributed to the swans victory. You are a worthy winner of your premiership medal, no one can ever take that from you, nor invalidate your performance on the day, you earned every bit of it.

As for my fellow supporters on this forum I say this: Just allow somebody to have a win, let them feel good about themselves without anybody having to run them down, make less of them at any opportunity. Mitch Morton is a winner, he has one the ultimate prize in AFL football, it's the reason why ANY footballer plays this game. It doesn't matter HOW he got there, the only thing that matters is that he did it.

Luck doesn't just shine on anyone, luck usually shines on the one that's done the work. Spot on. His two goals were very good and he set up a third at a critical stage in the match

TigerTimeII

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2012, 08:40:54 AM »
HE SET U 2 IN THE LAST QTR NOT 1

gerkin greg

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
good on him  :cheers

hope he can stay on top of his demons

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
good on him  :cheers

hope he can stay on top of his demons

Are they after him also?    ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
I would have snagged those two goals as well in the GF, but with more pace.

F Morton. Wanker
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
What did he say

Just semt genuinely confused by the statement and said that he always trusted him

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Why did he say the Swans players didn't trust him?
"Buy in," he replied when asked what it was that his teammates  demanded of him at that fateful meeting.

"I thought I was but this club and these players demand more of players than I've seen in my life.

"The demands they put on each in terms of time, work rate and intensity and hitting into the contest … I've never been a part of something like it and it took me a while to get used to it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/148867/default.aspx

I hope the richmond players read and take note of this.

Great article, keep posting!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
Morton article in the Age today ....

Morton does not describe his condition as depression although he has sought varying forms of treatment and medication to achieve some form of equilibrium. ''What I have couldn't be further from depression,'' he said. ''My anxiety means I don't sleep and I jump out of bed every morning and want so desperately to be as good as Chris Judd or Dane Swan or Adam Goodes.

''But I can't find a way to get there. At Richmond, it got to the point where I wanted it so much and it wasn't happening and I'd drive to training and I'd almost be regurgitating my food before every session. I'll always be a worrier because that's how I am, but it was out of control.''

By mutual consent during Morton's final season with the Tigers, he was given time away from the club. ''I spent two or three weeks away and I hired a personal trainer, but I didn't really deal with any of my personal issues. Looking back over everything, I'm surprised I've played almost 80 games.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-agony-before-and-after-the-ecstasy-20130315-2g69z.html#ixzz2NfUwWtwG

Ox

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
Bipolar.
100%.
Know it well

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »
Bipolar.
100%.
Know it well

no he doesnt have bipolar, i also know it well..  Anxiety disorder is more the case but i'd also doubt that.  he doesnt have any disorder as such, but he probably has a very mild borderline personality disorder brought on by fear of failure

Ox

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »
Whatever

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
Not sure how ANYONE can diagnose his problem without spending an adequate time one on one with the guy!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
 :P

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
Not sure how ANYONE can diagnose his problem without spending an adequate time one on one with the guy!

I think we're doing a pretty good job so butt out pal!
I'm thinking manic depressive
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »

I think we're doing a pretty good job so butt out pal!
I'm thinking manic depressive
Isn't that the same thing as bipolar disorder?
The club that keeps giving.