Author Topic: Robin Nahas - 2013 expectations?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Robin Nahas - 2013 expectations?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »

His left foot is a disgrace. He would seriously be better off flopping it out and swinging that anaconda at the footy when he's caught on his left

:lol

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
I find it hard to leave our second highest goal scorer out of the 22 TBH, can't replace him with "potential", the spot is his until someone takes it from him

He's been pretty consistent for a small forward over the last 4 years, even with his obvious flaws, more of the same is my expectation

agree

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »

His left foot is a disgrace. He would seriously be better off flopping it out and swinging that anaconda at the footy when he's caught on his left

:lol
Disgrace is a bit harsh. The one time i saw him kick with his left it nearly hit the target.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »
I find it hard to leave our second highest goal scorer out of the 22 TBH, can't replace him with "potential", the spot is his until someone takes it from him

He's been pretty consistent for a small forward over the last 4 years, even with his obvious flaws, more of the same is my expectation

agreed gerkin

the claw

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 01:41:25 PM »
my feelings on him are well documented.
its long been my belief that we cannot play all of king edwards and nahas in the one forward line its just too limiting and none imo really offer enough when/if they rotate thru the midfield.

to me the ideal set up is one of nahas, king, s edwards and mcdough as a small forward. these 4 are in competition  with each other for one possibly two spots at best.
 one of a edwards petterd or ohanlon as a medium marking option and we rotate one the many good mids we have who are capable forwards in, deledio,martin, cotchin,knights conca,
thats 3 forward spots with the other 3 taken by vickery in a paocket as a forward/ruck and kpfs in riewoldt and one of griffiths/astbury/elton.

like others here i think the club will give nahas first option after all he kicked 34 goals. i think s edwards will also play leaving king on the outer unless he can play as a mid.

for me i think for the small fellas to survive they really have to show they can make significant contributions in the midfield. imo nahas would make a good sub injected late in games with his run and pace. at times he has played some decent footy but for me he is just too limited with too many weakneses in his game especially for a small.

as usual im always looking to replace the glass half full types with more rounded types. i certainly classify king and nahas as glass half fulls.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »
Edwards offers more forward and in the middle than Knights