Author Topic: Pick 9 - Grundy  (Read 3290 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Pick 9 - Grundy
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
i have serious doubts he is ready to go.
If we were prepared to play two rukmen perhaps, as he seems to be able to win his fair share of taps.

As a forward he kicks goals against kids, but not at senior SANFL level.

he is only relatively new to footy so there should be a lot of upside, but i have read somewhere he still has a lot to learn in terms of positioning himself around the ground and reading the play.

Barring injury to maric he would be competing with vickery for that forward/ruck spot and if vickery could regain some of his 2011 form then you would expect it would be a season or two before he gets a look in.
Exactly, we get caught up in the hype of a ruckman but they are no good for a long time, If we got Wines by some miracle it is a no brainer

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 09:08:20 AM »
Actually Im not suggesting we don't take him for that reason. I dont think it necessary that who we take is ready to go, just saying i dont think he is ready to go as people are suggesting.

My concern though is that in 3-4 years time he will be looking to fly the coop. Im sure the recruiters will have a good grasp on his character and the likelihood of that so if they pick all well and good, but i wont be losing sleep if we dont
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
Actually Im not suggesting we don't take him for that reason. I dont think it necessary that who we take is ready to go, just saying i dont think he is ready to go as people are suggesting.

My concern though is that in 3-4 years time he will be looking to fly the coop. Im sure the recruiters will have a good grasp on his character and the likelihood of that so if they pick all well and good, but i wont be losing sleep if we dont

We are not a poo club. We are a massive club and any player who comes to us should be proud to be playing for one of the top 2 or 3 clubs in Melbourne.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
THE COMPLICATION: He could have gone anywhere from 14 onwards. If Grundy isn't there, Western Jet Spencer White could be the big bolter. Collingwood would like him at 39, but may get nervous that Richmond will pinch him at 34.
If we don,t take Grundy lets hope someone else does so it forces Coll to take White @21 which will drop a mid down the order for our 2nd rnd picks.

the claw

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »

not a lot go home al its something we just have to risk.  should adelaide have overlooked crouch last yr because hes a vic?
im glad you dont think it neccesary for 18 yr old kids to be ready to go.
we take 18 yr old kids with the view they will become good players over 4 or 6 yr periods depending on the type they are. people really should be viewing all of the  18 yr olds we take as long term prospects even if they play straight away.
grubdy now would be ideal for no other reason than when ivan is 30 grundy will be in a position to take over.it would make for a very smooth transition. isnt this what list management is about.
grundy imo would be best available at 9 of any type we really should take him at 9 if hes available. hes perfect for us fills a huge hole in the list allows for smooth transition and does allow for development time to top it off he would be best available at pick 9 or at worst arguably best available.
we wont get a crack at another like grundy in this draft we possibly wont get a crack at a player like grundy in the next two  or three drafts unless we are near the bottom of the ladder.
 if there he represents an opportunity that rarely comes around.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
i have serious doubts he is ready to go.
If we were prepared to play two rukmen perhaps, as he seems to be able to win his fair share of taps.

As a forward he kicks goals against kids, but not at senior SANFL level.

he is only relatively new to footy so there should be a lot of upside, but i have read somewhere he still has a lot to learn in terms of positioning himself around the ground and reading the play.

Barring injury to maric he would be competing with vickery for that forward/ruck spot and if vickery could regain some of his 2011 form then you would expect it would be a season or two before he gets a look in.
Exactly, we get caught up in the hype of a ruckman but they are no good for a long time, If we got Wines by some miracle it is a no brainer
Sorry but that is flawed logic!!!
With this process you are suggesting we would NEVER end up with a gun ruckman as they all take a few years to mature. This guy has been an AA two years in succession and is easily the best young ruckman to come on the scene since Natanui.
Good mids are a dime a dozen (not talking elite here) but top young rucks are as rare as hens teeth. If he was available we'd be crazy not to select him. He and Vickery could alternate ruck and forward for the next 10 years!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
If we take Vlastuin and Collingwood take Grundy I'll have a fit.

Cannot believe the picks they have!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »

The pics they got reminds me of the ones Nought handed to Hawks for Thompson and those 2 first rounders for that spud Hay.

They must be pinching themselves they got such good picks for such average footballers in Dawks and Wellingham.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »

The pics they got reminds me of the ones Nought handed to Hawks for Thompson and those 2 first rounders for that spud Hay.

They must be pinching themselves they got such good picks for such average footballers in Dawks and Wellingham.

It's a crime!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH