Author Topic: Ben Jacobs - Richmond one of three clubs circling ..... (Adelaide Advertiser)  (Read 6236 times)

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Thx Tony

tony_montana

No worries,  as for whether he's any good, some think he's a dud but I reckon he can play.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Can anyone confirm he can play??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jacobs' wish for a go-home offer is being met by at least St Kilda, Essendon and Richmond with the Saints emerging as the leading contender.

Port football operations chief Peter Rohde last night declared, "Ben Jacobs has gone away to consider his future and we've definitely not heard he wants out."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/melbourne-clubs-circle-port-adelaides-ben-jacobs/story-fn69a32t-1226492158738

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Can anyone confirm he can play??

He was born with 2 arms and 2 legs with a head and a body so can't see why he couldn't play? Has all the necessary tools to kick a ball around.  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Jacobs given stay-or-go ultimatum

Andrew Capel
    October 10, 2012 11:35PM

PORT Adelaide has demanded a stay-or-go decision from Ben Jacobs within 72 hours.

The Power has deemed the 2010 first-round draft pick a required player but says uncertainty about his future is holding up potential trade and free agent moves as well as contract offers for several senior Port players.

"We're getting to the stage where we need to know exactly what Ben wants to do," Power football operations manager Peter Rohde said.

"There's been a lot of discussion and speculation about him but the bottom line is that he still hasn't told the club where he wants to play his football next season.

"So at the moment things are up in the air, which has left us having to put some other things on hold. Clearly we want him to stay, he is a required player who we have big hopes for, but we can't let the uncertainty drag on.

"We need an answer soon as to whether he wants to stay or go."

Out-of-contract Victorian Jacobs, 20, is considering returning to Melbourne to be with his long-time girlfriend, Olivia Edwards, who recently returned home after spending a year with Jacobs in Adelaide.

The pair are extremely close, with Jacobs - who admits he is obsessed with football - last year saying "she's a great support and I really do rely on her a lot".

St Kilda has publicly flagged its interest in Jacobs - drafted at pick at the 2010 national draft - while Essendon and Richmond are also said to be tracking developments with the left-footed midfielder/half-back.

"He is a Beaumaris boy so St Kilda is the closest club to home," said St Kilda head of football Chris Pelchen.

Rohde said the Saints' interest had not extended to official trade talks as Jacobs weighs up his future.

Jacobs - recruited from Victorian under-18 side Sandringham - has played 26 games in two seasons at Port, including 14 this year.

He had surgery on both ankles in Melbourne at the end of the season, revealing he "struggled through the year with them". Jacobs has had extensive talks with new coach Ken Hinkley about his future but continues to delay his decision. The delay has put some moves for prospected free agents on hold for Port.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/ben-jacobs-given-stay-or-go-ultimatum/story-fnahrqwo-1226493143901

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Blair Hartley from the live chat -  "We have not spoken to Ben's management at all in regards to a potential move."

So I'd guess we can cross this one off as not going to happen.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Blair Hartley from the live chat -  "We have not spoken to Ben's management at all in regards to a potential move."

100% not happening before anyone claims he's talking rubbish. Graham is the last trade to be done.  :shh

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil

100% not happening before anyone claims he's talking rubbish. Graham is the last trade to be done.  :shh

Graham for what? A sack of potatoes?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame

Graham for what? A sack of potatoes?

A pick downgrade to get him off the list.  :shh I worded it badly. I meant the last one we will try to do.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jacobs isn't going to end up at Tigerland but anyway he's told Port he wants out to head back home to Victoria. St Kilda bound most likely now I'd guess.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149583/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
3aw news still saying we're interested in Jacobs along with St Kilda and Essendon :huh3.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
3aw news still saying we're interested in Jacobs along with St Kilda and Essendon :huh3.

Jacobs isn't going to end up at Tigerland.....

You know what happened last time some one posted such a bold prediction :lol It's trade month baby, it aint over till its over..... :shh :shh

dwaino

I won't accept anything that doesn't mention Melbourne also interested.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
I am with Dwaino, this is lies, surely
Lots of people name their swords......