Author Topic: 2013 Draw ..... we don't have the season opener again  (Read 21522 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2013 Draw ..... we don't have the season opener again
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 01:50:35 AM »
I think we will get a 2nd game against 1 of Dogs, Dees or Giants. Should get at least one bottom 4 side twice.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2012, 06:11:06 AM »
I think we will get a 2nd game against 1 of Dogs, Dees or Giants. Should get at least one bottom 4 side twice.
Since it's the last year that we're selling a home game, with Melbourne doing it as well, and we're both tenants of the MCG, I think we'll be playing Melbourne twice so that we can have our replacement "home" game against them, like we normally do.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
A bottom 4 side MT would only make the draw slightly easier in the first 5 next yr given we had Melbourne in rd 3. At least we would play 3 sides from outside the 8 and the two losing Prelim finalists as opposed to 4 of the top 5 and sandwiched in rd 3 by Melbourne.

If we are good enough we should look t being 3-2 after 5 with a draw like that next yr. Would give us something genuine to build on. I'd be thrilled with 4-1. :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »
According to one club figure, the difference between a Friday night fixture and a Sunday twilight match for Collingwood could be $500,000. For North Melbourne, it could be $200,000.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/calculating-the-perfect-afl-fixture-is-no-easy-task/story-e6frf9jf-1226500274157

Interesting to find out if we will get more Friday night games next year if the AFL backs us to rise up the ladder and jumps on the Tiggy bandwagon. Sure would add to the bottom line if we do.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »
According to one club figure, the difference between a Friday night fixture and a Sunday twilight match for Collingwood could be $500,000. For North Melbourne, it could be $200,000.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/calculating-the-perfect-afl-fixture-is-no-easy-task/story-e6frf9jf-1226500274157

Interesting to find out if we will get more Friday night games next year if the AFL backs us to rise up the ladder and jumps on the Tiggy bandwagon. Sure would add to the bottom line if we do.

Is that in gate takings alone or a combination of all income?
I'd imagine we would get some kind of bonus from sponsors for playing finals and fri nighters given the increased xposure?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
They'll give us more Friday night games when we make the 8 and can beat Cold Ghost.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »
We won't be playing Geelong in the first four rounds and the rumour going around about us possibly being first to play them in the opening game at their newly redeveloped Kardinia Park is false as well. They'll be playing Ablett's Suns instead.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150061/default.aspx

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:06 PM »
We won't be playing Geelong in the first four rounds and the rumour going around about us possibly being first to play them in the opening game at their newly redeveloped Kardinia Park is false as well. They'll be playing Ablett's Suns instead.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150061/default.aspx

I'll freaking lose it if we ever have to play Geelong at that poohole again.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »
We dont play geelong in the first 4 rounds.

GEELONG faces a taxing start to the 2013 premiership season, with the Cats scheduled to start their campaign with three six-day breaks.

Chris Scott's men play Hawthorn (MCG) on a Monday in round one, North Melbourne (Etihad Stadium) on a Sunday in round two, Carlton (Etihad Stadium) on a Saturday in round three, then travel to Sydney for a Friday night clash with the Swans at the SCG in round four.

The Cats will play their first match at their redeveloped home ground against the Gary Ablett-led Gold Coast Suns on a Saturday night in round 10 (June 1).

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
We dont play geelong in the first 4 rounds.

GEELONG faces a taxing start to the 2013 premiership season, with the Cats scheduled to start their campaign with three six-day breaks.

Chris Scott's men play Hawthorn (MCG) on a Monday in round one, North Melbourne (Etihad Stadium) on a Sunday in round two, Carlton (Etihad Stadium) on a Saturday in round three, then travel to Sydney for a Friday night clash with the Swans at the SCG in round four.

The Cats will play their first match at their redeveloped home ground against the Gary Ablett-led Gold Coast Suns on a Saturday night in round 10 (June 1).

Bit late

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »
Given that there will never be an equal draw unless there is a conference system - may as well expect the Tigers to improve or win against the top sides even more and then we should be thrashing the bottom sides - it all depends on our recruitment, depth and development/improvement in our  list - and given the improvement year on year - think we will be in for a good year in 2013 and beyond!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2012, 05:32:58 AM »
THE AFL's prized Friday night time slot is moving closer to being the exclusive domain of the big-drawing premiership contenders.

It is believed the league fixture, to be released next week, will freeze out struggling Victorian clubs hoping for a slice of prime-time action.

The Herald Sun understands Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs will not have a single Friday night outing next season. In the past it has been an unwritten rule that every Victorian club is awarded at least one Friday night game.

But the AFL has made it clear the position must be earned with on-field performances.

Collingwood, by contrast, is set to play at least seven games in broadcaster Channel 7's key ratings slot.

The Herald Sun understands there will also be a subtle shift in the strength of Sunday afternoon matches in Melbourne next year.

Collingwood, which in recent years has not featured that prominently on Sundays, is believed to be headed for as many as five games in that time slot next year as the league looks to beef it up and Seven's replay leading into its Sunday night news.

The AFL will release its 2013 fixture on Wednesday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/only-top-clubs-will-snare-prime-time-games-in-2013/story-e6frf9io-1226502673340

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »
Wow 5 Sunday games. Port probably have 14 Sunday twilight games.

And we better get a few bloody friday night games. How many we have this year? 1 or 2? Sick of watching the same teams every friday night. Sick of Bruce and his crew speaking poo instead of calling the game.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »
Agree Coach
Only game that comes to mind was St kilda game
Yep always pies, hawks, geelong, carltank bombres etc
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »
Wow 5 Sunday games. Port probably have 14 Sunday twilight games.

And we better get a few bloody friday night games. How many we have this year? 1 or 2? Sick of watching the same teams every friday night. Sick of Bruce and his crew speaking poo instead of calling the game.

We had 2

St Kilda and the Bombers late in the season (rd 22)

Would think we will get at 2-4 Friday night games in 2013
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)