Author Topic: Derickx, McGuane, Post and White???  (Read 3605 times)

the claw

Re: Derickx, McGuane, Post and White???
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
have to say again as much as i would love to cut mcguane and derickx at this stage there is no way we can do it not unless we target mature talls in the rookie draft.

we all agree we need another ruckman in our system.
depending on where you place utilities astbury and griffiths most have them as defenders we need at least two possibly three tall forwards.

okay  tall defenders including astbury griffiths.

grimes chaplin rance astbury griffiths and the maligned post.  thats 6 and that is ideal take out griffiths and astbury and play em forward and your two short.

tall forwards

riewoldt, vickery, elton, and the below standard mcguane.  two short  three if you include mcguane as a short term player.  put astbury and griffiths here and you have your ideal.

rucks
maric derickx.  definately need two one for cover and one long term development.

richmond
b/  grimes -  chaplin -  #####
hb/  ##### - rance  -  #####
ruck / maric
hf/  ##### - griffith - #####
f/  ##### -  riewoldt -  vickery for/ruck

coburg
b/  #####  -  darrou -  #####
hb/  ##### - post -  #####
ruck/ derickx
hf/  ##### - astbury - #####
f/  ##### -  mcguane - elton ruck/for

as of this moment we have the bare minimum number of talls required. we are forever asking every yr why do we lack depth with talls. its simple our list management in this area is shizen.
7 of the 13 we have are not yet up to standard and are development players. they may or may not make it. sooner or later we have to address this area the longer we leave it the more painful it will be.

yep as much as people moan about mcguane post and derickx we are in no position to be cutting tall players.  of the 4 mentioned in the op matt white really should be cut.
knights king nahas edwards all in front of him hes poor in the midfield he hardly touches the ball and his skills and decision making have always been below standard i really cant work out why we keep him hes not even good depth.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
I like Matty White cos he bleeds yellow and black blood.  He's happy just to be at the Tiges even if hes only a bit player. keep  Him for depth cos you know he will give 150%

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
The four of them are safe for now IMO. But look out next year.

the claw

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
I like Matty White cos he bleeds yellow and black blood.  He's happy just to be at the Tiges even if hes only a bit player. keep  Him for depth cos you know he will give 150%
so we keep him for no other reason than he bleeds yellow and black and hes happy to be a tiger.
hes not even a bit player that would imply he can do several roles at a decent level. he cant perform any role at a decent level for us.
hes not needed for depth because hes so far back in que and you certainly dont keep players for no other reason than they try hard or give 150%.tim fleming  and plenty others like him tried hard.

what good to anyone is a 25yr old  7 yr 179cm player who has poor skills. who  only touches the ball 10 or 12 times a game kicks 0.5 goals a game is a liability when in the midfield and is behind king edwards nahas and now knights as a forward.
fair dinkum we should be taking a kid like max duffy in the nd and try and find a decent player. he literally is taking the spot of a kid.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
We should keep all 4.
Post-should be given 1 year minimum. Reckon he can be one of our best key talls
Derrickx-worth another season. Has only played 2 games remember. At 202cm, he could be handy in the ruck
White-worth another season. Can be pretty good sometimes an messy other times. Needs to become consistent
Mcguane-should be given 1 year minimum. Experience is needed while our young talls develop.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:32 PM »
We should keep all 4.
Derrickx-worth another season. Has only played 2 games remember. At 202cm, he could be handy in the ruck
White-worth another season. Can be pretty good sometimes an messy other times. Needs to become consistent
Mcguane-should be given 1 year minimum. Experience is needed while our young talls develop.
MT can you tell me what you see in Post that others can't, including me.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
We should keep all 4.

Obviously he's a fair way off his peak but you don't go throwing away 22 year old talls like him. I see plenty of improvement with a good run of games. We saw glimpes of it against Freo and Essendon. If he had been given a few more games over the last 2 years instead of Griffiths and Miller, he'd probably be on a new 2 year contract already. His opponents have hardly scored. 1 on 1 he's very hard to beat. Gets a fist in most contests. Dermie rates him pretty well. I'd have him in the 22 next year well ahead of Astbury and probably equal with Griffiths. I remember how crappy Lonergan looked in defence at Geelong a while back. Now he's a very good defender. He's 28 now. Post is only 22 and came to our club as a 19 year old(a year later than most players)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
He's 24 next year. He ain't some kid that "needs a run of games". If he wants a run of games then he needs to perform at a high standard in pre-season. No excuses for Post. Just perform or stuff off.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »
We should keep all 4.

Obviously he's a fair way off his peak but you don't go throwing away 22 year old talls like him. I see plenty of improvement with a good run of games. We saw glimpes of it against Freo and Essendon. If he had been given a few more games over the last 2 years instead of Griffiths and Miller, he'd probably be on a new 2 year contract already. His opponents have hardly scored. 1 on 1 he's very hard to beat. Gets a fist in most contests. Dermie rates him pretty well. I'd have him in the 22 next year well ahead of Astbury and probably equal with Griffiths. I remember how crappy Lonergan looked in defence at Geelong a while back. Now he's a very good defender. He's 28 now. Post is only 22 and came to our club as a 19 year old(a year later than most players)

If you were Blair Hartley and Brisbane said what do you want for him? What would you ask for?

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 04:46:01 PM »
We should keep all 4.

If you were Blair Hartley and Brisbane said what do you want for him? What would you ask for?

The only player with afl experience we should be trading for now is a ruckman. I don't think Brisbane will give us Leunberger. We should stick with what we have now. If the club have hopes for Derrickx as a ruckman then I can't see any more changes to our list. Just the national and rookie drafts. Get Browne back on the rookie list

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
We should keep all 4.

The paperwork and where do I sign.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »

We should keep all 4.

All this coming from a poster who says he wants to make finals next year!   :o

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
have to say again as much as i would love to cut mcguane and derickx at this stage there is no way we can do it not unless we target mature talls in the rookie draft.

we all agree we need another ruckman in our system.
depending on where you place utilities astbury and griffiths most have them as defenders we need at least two possibly three tall forwards.

okay  tall defenders including astbury griffiths.

grimes chaplin rance astbury griffiths and the maligned post.  thats 6 and that is ideal take out griffiths and astbury and play em forward and your two short.

tall forwards

riewoldt, vickery, elton, and the below standard mcguane.  two short  three if you include mcguane as a short term player.  put astbury and griffiths here and you have your ideal.

rucks
maric derickx.  definately need two one for cover and one long term development.

richmond
b/  grimes -  chaplin -  #####
hb/  ##### - rance  -  #####
ruck / maric
hf/  ##### - griffith - #####
f/  ##### -  riewoldt -  vickery for/ruck

coburg
b/  #####  -  darrou -  #####
hb/  ##### - post -  #####
ruck/ derickx
hf/  ##### - astbury - #####
f/  ##### -  mcguane - elton ruck/for

as of this moment we have the bare minimum number of talls required. we are forever asking every yr why do we lack depth with talls. its simple our list management in this area is shizen.
7 of the 13 we have are not yet up to standard and are development players. they may or may not make it. sooner or later we have to address this area the longer we leave it the more painful it will be.

yep as much as people moan about mcguane post and derickx we are in no position to be cutting tall players.  of the 4 mentioned in the op matt white really should be cut.
knights king nahas edwards all in front of him hes poor in the midfield he hardly touches the ball and his skills and decision making have always been below standard i really cant work out why we keep him hes not even good depth.

Out of curiousity, who are the 4 up to standard?

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
Derickx - will survive now that Gus is gone. I don't see him making it though at AFL level.

McGuane - survives because for the second year in a row no other club (even Adelaide) is stupid enough to trade for him and it looks like we won't delist him until one or more of the younger tall forwards cements themselves in our 22. If he plays for Richmond ever again for a significant period of time then we won't be playing finals.

Post - last chance next year if he isn't traded next week. If he doesn't come on in 2013 then it'll be bye-bye in 12 months time.

White - like McGuane will probably spend all of 2013 at Coburg. 
Is there any chance we'll re-Rookie Browne?
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
Derickx - will survive now that Gus is gone. I don't see him making it though at AFL level.

McGuane - survives because for the second year in a row no other club (even Adelaide) is stupid enough to trade for him and it looks like we won't delist him until one or more of the younger tall forwards cements themselves in our 22. If he plays for Richmond ever again for a significant period of time then we won't be playing finals.

Post - last chance next year if he isn't traded next week. If he doesn't come on in 2013 then it'll be bye-bye in 12 months time.

White - like McGuane will probably spend all of 2013 at Coburg. 
Is there any chance we'll re-Rookie Browne?

I have a feeling we will. I reckon he's ok.