Author Topic: How many games will we win next year?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: How many games will we win next year?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
14 wins 8 losses

Will get off to a flyer and win the first 4 then get beaten by freo in WA. Will win the next three after that then loose the following three after that. At 11 rounds we will be 7wins and 4 losses. second half of the season will pretty much be the same, 7 wins 4 losses. will win the last 4 games on the trot.

hope that i am being conservative  :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

the claw

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
i see 9 losses. 3 definate wins  and 10 50/50 games. even if we win every 50/50 game it will be a struggle or borderline to make the 8.
while we should improve so will most other sides. depth and injuries again being the weakness.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
i see 9 losses. 3 definate wins  and 10 50/50 games. even if we win every 50/50 game it will be a struggle or borderline to make the 8.
while we should improve so will most other sides. depth and injuries again being the weakness.

Will we play finals?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »

Will we play finals?
who knows its a possibility more so next yr than this yr because of things like more games into young players young players with another pre season behind them but theres still a lot of things that havent changed that need to.
  personally i think not. it has little to do with the draw. though again i think we got a kind draw playing last yrs top 6 only once. and 8th placed north only once.
for me its again all down to depth, experience, games played and quality. also theres too many question marks over too many of the players.  i can see the whole season being derailed on the back of two or 3 injuries again. imo we have had a dream run with injuries the last 3 seasons in the greater scheme of things.the few injuries we have copped has quickly shown up our lack of depth and quality with an enormous workload on too few.
i think we are prety decent and promising to about 16 18 on  the list but it falls away too much  from there.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »

Will we play finals?
who knows its a possibility more so next yr than this yr because of things like more games into young players young players with another pre season behind them but theres still a lot of things that havent changed that need to.
  personally i think not. it has little to do with the draw. though again i think we got a kind draw playing last yrs top 6 only once. and 8th placed north only once.
for me its again all down to depth, experience, games played and quality. also theres too many question marks over too many of the players.  i can see the whole season being derailed on the back of two or 3 injuries again. imo we have had a dream run with injuries the last 3 seasons in the greater scheme of things.the few injuries we have copped has quickly shown up our lack of depth and quality with an enormous workload on too few.
i think we are prety decent and promising to about 16 18 on  the list but it falls away too much  from there.

So Dimma will be sacked?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
Using wayne's colour-coded system  :thumbsup

1. Carlton @ MCG (A)  P
2. St Kilda @ MCG (A) W
3. Bulldogs @ Etihad (H) W
4. Collingwood @ MCG (H) P
5. Fremantle @ Subi (A) L
6. Geelong @ MCG (H) P
7. Port @ AAMI (A) W
8. Melbourne @ MCG (H) W
9. Essendon @ MCG (H) P
10. West Coast @ Subi (A) L
11. Bye         
12. Adelaide @ MCG (H) W
13. Bulldogs @ Etihad (A) W
14. St Kilda @ MCG (A) W
15. North @ Etihad (H) P
16. Gold Coast @ Cairns (H) W ...... don't deserve to play finals if we lose this one again
17. Fremantle @ MCG (H) W
18. Sydney @  SCG (A) L
19. Hawthorn @ MCG (A) P
20. Brisbane @ MCG (H) W
21. Carlton @ MCG (H) P
22. GWS @ Skoda (A) W
23. Essendon @ MCG (A) P

So that's
11 W (Wins)
8 P (Possibles)
3 L (Losses)

So the 8 'possibles' will determine if we play finals:
Win 2-3 and we're in;
Win say 5 of them and then top 4 is possible;
Lose most and drop a couple of the 'wins' and it'll be a repeat of 2012.

For mine 14 wins would be realistically possible next year barring massive injuries (such as losing a Maric and/or Cotch). Our depth is improving but there's still a couple of holes in our list that make us vunerable if we are unlucky.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »

while we should improve so will most other sides.

No, that's impossible.  Yin and Yang.  For every action there is a reaction.  If a team improves then another team must get worse.  18 teams, 18 positions.  So our challenge is to make sure we improve because the net effect will mean an increased chance of playing finals.  Simple maths, in theory if not application.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
Is Wayne a librarian coz his system screams Dewey decimal....

the claw

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »

Will we play finals?

So Dimma will be sacked?
i wouldnt think so.  not if the improvement continues. too many important  list indicators say it will be touch and go. i reckon we improved enormously this yr but didnt make finals.  again iwill say i dont think key indicators like games played over all age depth quality and structure says to me we probably wont make finals.
we all know it takes time to get players up to 100 games around 6 plus yrs and thats the ones that pretty well ready to go from day dot.we lack enough 100 gamers. we lack players in critical age brackets we lock over all depth and structure but these things will improve again.
its just my opinion based on the list and its make up i havent changed my opinion it was always going to take 4 or 5 yrs to make finals useing primarily a youth policy which is what we have done.
we are now in the position to speed up the process by taking more mature players i have to say im still disappointed with this side of things.
come the end of the rookie draft we will have about 25 plus players aged 22 and under we cnan afford to balance it out withmature players who can perform a role and lead.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:51 AM »
End result...FINALS...N.......... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 07:36:09 AM »
Is Wayne a librarian coz his system screams Dewey decimal....

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do