Author Topic: How did we rate Richmond's draft?  (Read 7639 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How did we rate Richmond's draft?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
Very happy

Can't believed we snared McIntosh  ;D

very much so. :thumbsup :cheers

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
Lets face it when it comes to picking future stars from the draft it is a bit of a lottery. Obviously there are some standouts but beyond that who really knows how an 18/19 year old kid is going to develop over the next five or so years or whether they get delisted well within that time.

Highlights are exactly that, the best bits of a player's performance. Its a bit like watching the trailer of a movie which looks great but then when you see the whole movie it's crap. I think we have to have faith in the methods of our recruiters and assume that each player picked has an important role to play as a piece of the Tigers puzzle moving forward. Personally i think they have picked a good mix of kids, all appear to have decent disposal skills which of course with the high possession style of play these days is an absolute must. As they say in the classics time will tell.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »
thats the thing now, the club is so far advanced with who
they will be picking next year, especially FA.

nice balance of picks.

well done.

tick to the RFC. tick tick tick tick.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »
The AFL site's take:

RICHMOND

It seems like even if Lachie Whitfield had somehow fallen to pick nine, the Tigers still would have drafted Nick Vlastuin. That's how much they loved him and his aggressive, tough streak. After that the Tigers went big, clearly on the lookout for some back up in defence and attack. Kamdyn McIntosh rose up the ranks towards the end of the year and would have been snapped up by West Coast if he got through to its first pick, while Liam McBean will be a project player: he has talent but needs time to develop his wiry frame. Matthew Mcdonough's solid frame should see him get a few games next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151600/default.aspx

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
I like that we picked up a hard nut mid and a young ruck (that shifter had in his 30 best players in the draft). A tall endurance runner halfback/winger and a goalkicker who can also rack up posies in the midfield give us a nice spread of different types. Now lets just hope they can play at AFL level.

With 4 more players to add to the list, would be good to add an experienced ruckman, a couple of mids, and a key position project to the list. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Very happy

do you  realise they took mcintosh as a mid  not a tall defender. way too cute as usual for me. if we want a bloody mid why dont we draft a kid whos bloody played as one, but no that would be too easy for those smucks with the fantastic record not.

dwaino

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
There was always going to be butt hurt.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
Very happy

do you  realise they took mcintosh as a mid  not a tall defender. way too cute as usual for me. if we want a bloody mid why dont we draft a kid whos bloody played as one, but no that would be too easy for those smucks with the fantastic record not.
yeah coz everyone knows that where a kid plays as a junior determines his whole career
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »
The AFL site's take:

RICHMOND

It seems like even if Lachie Whitfield had somehow fallen to pick nine, the Tigers still would have drafted Nick Vlastuin. That's how much they loved him and his aggressive, tough streak. After that the Tigers went big, clearly on the lookout for some back up in defence and attack. Kamdyn McIntosh rose up the ranks towards the end of the year and would have been snapped up by West Coast if he got through to its first pick, while Liam McBean will be a project player: he has talent but needs time to develop his wiry frame. Matthew Mcdonough's solid frame should see him get a few games next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151600/default.aspx
wce had pick 46 we had 42 why did we not take mcintosh here if we were worried about the eagles. besides jackson said he took mcintosh as a big bodied mid me i dont think  he knows a mid from  a tall defender.

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Very happy

dimma said at the draft they saw him as a tall wing. A few of the media reports on him say he moved up the wing in the second half of the season and did pretty well there. I reckon the wing is an area we have been pretty week for a few years,though has improved recentlywith Lids playing there more often and the addition of Griggs, but still a position we can build on.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 11:55:59 PM »
Very happy

Slow and unfit?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
get of your arse and exercise then.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 02:32:11 AM »
get of your arse and exercise then.

and theres the butt hurt

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 07:05:33 AM »
Matthew Mcdonough-Hope he turns into a gun player

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:04 AM »
Very happy

Yep

But they have also said that as a defender he can play as a tall or as small and they hope he can play as a tall mid. Win/win I would have thought. Would think he will bulk up over time so over time he should be able to play in the bigger bodies. He is only 1cm shorter than Grimes (and BTW the same height as Pavlich) so the opportunity is there over time with the right development to have a bloke who will be able to play a number of positions including KPP. Helps that he is very good kick and and has a big tank

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)