Author Topic: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC  (Read 4574 times)

Rampstar

Re: Welcome Back to Short Cut City FC
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
"In Internet slang, a troll ( /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

And no one does it better than Ramps.
***Cue indignant retort***

next time include a thesauras or a dictionary so I can work out what you're saying. I am not a troll as Billy Joel once sang ... I am an Innocent Man!  ;D

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
Emma Quayle's thoughts in today's Age:

Similarly, Richmond's decision to take Ricky Petterd, Sam Lonergan and Orren Stephenson with three of its four rookie picks. The selections raised eyebrows, particularly given the club had already recruited Chris Knights and Aaron Edwards. But the Tigers' decisions are understandable.

The club took five kids at last month's national draft, which is more than most. It's retained two young rookies and drafted another one on Tuesday - onballer Cadeyn Williams. It's invested in some youth. For the Tigers, improving might mean hanging tough when next year gets hard or they lose players to injury, and mature bodies are more capable of weathering storms than those of untried teenagers.

Given where their list is at, the Tigers don't need to pour games into a bunch of high draft picks. Like Goodes at the Bulldogs, Lonergan, Petterd and Stephenson aren't clogging up the senior list.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-give-boot-to-punts-on-teenagers-20121211-2b7tj.html#ixzz2EktQ8qZ4

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 05:41:47 AM »
Actually if you read the entire article it appears the whole competition is heading into short cut city.  :wallywink
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »
Actually if you read the entire article it appears the whole competition is heading into short cut city.  :wallywink

Yep  :thumbsup

Actually it's an interesting read, quality journo is Emma  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »

:lol

Noooo!  We couldn't have actually thought through what we did - had any sort of clue about what we needed in the way of list structure, surely not.  There couldn't have been any sort of plan to add some versatility, depth and hardened experience while filling in some structural blanks, yet still adding more new youth than most other teams, to a team of kids that now needs to play competitive finals football in order to continue it's development towards success.  No, that's not how it works.  Because after all, all the paid professional fulltime employees in our football department are clueless compared to us.   ::)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
Stephenson a master stroke by Richmond.

Maric is our number one ruckman but we now  have a mature ready made ruckman that can slot  straight in.

The other players chosen are ready made insurance.
They all can play next year.

And a young bloke with loads of potential.

Depth? We have it now!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »

I can understand why they drafted the way they did.

Just hope it works out.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
Depth? We have it now!

On the face of it we have addressed a need. So long as the players injected work out..

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
TL:DR but has anyone mentioned there were only 2 clubs to take 5 18 years in this years draft/PSD process? We were one of them.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »
TL:DR but has anyone mentioned there were only 2 clubs to take 5 18 years in this years draft/PSD process? We were one of them.

We've added 6 18yo's. CC is underselling it.  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »

Won't stop some on here complaining that we took a short cut to success though.  Didn't you know that we had abandoned our youth policy for the sake of instant gratification?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »

Noooo!  We couldn't have actually thought through what we did - had any sort of clue about what we needed in the way of list structure, surely not.  There couldn't have been any sort of plan to add some versatility, depth and hardened experience while filling in some structural blanks, yet still adding more new youth than most other teams, to a team of kids that now needs to play competitive finals football in order to continue it's development towards success.  No, that's not how it works.  Because after all, all the paid professional fulltime employees in our football department are clueless compared to us.   ::)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I should know ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »

Burnt my toast this morning so had the grumps on!   :whistle

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
;D

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I should know ;D
Actually is a form of intelligence . . . idiots can't comprehend sarcasm  :shh