Author Topic: Supercoach Draft comp  (Read 3221 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Supercoach Draft comp
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »
whats this all about ????????

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »
whats this all about ????????
CUB, the difference between this comp and a normal supercoach comp is that every player goes into a draft and can only be selected once. Eg if I end up with the #1 draft pick and I select Cotch, then nobody else can have him. Its a more realistic comp relying on your skills at the draft table. The draft is currently set to auto, taking your preferences from a selection list you create pre draft.
But your selection list must cater for all positions. Eg you can't have 22 midfielders in your team.

Once teams are selected we go though the usual home and away point scoring process.

Clear as Mud?

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
12 * 22 says there will be 264 unique players selected, and just going through the list I thought I should give everyone a heads up to look deep through what has been automatically pre-selected. High on the list are a heap of blokes who won't be playing early and some of the gems ready for break outs are down a little. I'm only midway through the first hundred and that's where it's starting to get tough. This is going to be a lot of fun. If this goes well maybe next year we can do a live one, because just looking now I can already see there are going to some who pick up absolute bargains and if we can all save our pre-draft orders or it shows who went at what pick I reckon we're going to get a right laugh. At first I actually selected Watts as one because I thought it would be funny, but realised I'd probably regret it after the laugh wore off.

dwaino

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:03 AM »
OK, by #200 it's starting to get hard to differentiate poo from clay, so I just moved a bunch of potatoes down to 300+, and fingers crossed no one is needed beyond 175'ish.  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
dwaino, if you want we can go manual, but we all need to be prepared to set aside a couple of hours on the trade night. I'm up for it.

dwaino

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 04:24:32 PM »
No it's all good, auto seems the best for everyone  :thumbsup

What happens if our final spots don't get filled? Does it fill with randoms?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »
Im sorry guys but Im going to have to pull the pin on this one. I just havent had a chance to look at the list and I wont get a chance before Mondays draft. Really disapointed as I used to do this with a group back in the early 90's and its a load of fun.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Im sorry guys but Im going to have to pull the pin on this one. I just havent had a chance to look at the list and I wont get a chance before Mondays draft. Really disapointed as I used to do this with a group back in the early 90's and its a load of fun.

Fluffy, keep your team in and just rename it to "The ghosts of Fluffy". That way your DT cred remains intact.  ;D Or if you leave your list as default it will go for the best players statistically from 2012.

dwaino, I think it will just auto fill from memory but it sounds like you already have a pretty well thought out list. If in doubt we can trade throughout the season anyway.  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 05:40:14 PM »
Draft night tonight at 9pm folks. As it is auto, you will probably know your team by 9:02pm  ;D

I suspect there will be a bit of trading after the fact as I have no idea who I will be getting. I've just used dwaino's tactic of moving all the spuds to the bottom.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:49 PM »
Draft night tonight at 9pm folks. As it is auto, you will probably know your team by 9:02pm  ;D
9.23pm to be exact  ;D

I hope my recruiter isn't from the Dees  :help. I'll be spewing if my team used first rounders to grab Jack Watts and Cale Morton  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
9.23pm to be exact  ;D

I hope my recruiter isn't from the Dees  :help. I'll be spewing if my team used first rounders to grab Jack Watts and Cale Morton  :help.
The draft lapsed because the league did not contain 16 teams

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
Yes, need to change the league size to 8, as there are only 8 teams.  Then set the draft to automate again at another time this week.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 11:08:36 PM »
Changed the league to 8 and selections commencing at 11:10pm
Sorry for the stuff up

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
Well we are all done. I tried to be tricky and it kind of backfired. Got a gun backline and forward line. I got both Maric & cox and mcintosh on the bench in the ruck but my midfield is a disaster with only montagna as an a grade midfielder. The rest are ordinary except maybe treloar as a promising up and comer .

Not sure what the rest of you got as ruckman but I think I ended up with the top 3 lol

dwaino

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »
Gee whiz Tiga, how early did you want to take Cox then? lol. I admit I had him at 6, as I guessed that odds were I wasn't likely to have an early pick, but went for the top 5 midfielders (IMO) then Cox, thinking that midfielders that average 100+ bat deeper than rucks/forwards, so I'll reach for him early on. But all in all, happy with my team. Bit worried about my forward line though. No one rates the outside mid/smaller Hawthorn forwards?  :P Shocking day for Hawks could mean a shocking day for Dwaino's Deros. My team:

DEF: H. Shaw, Birchall, Duffield, Hurn, D. Stanley

MID: Dangerfield, Deledio, Barlow, Masten, Hannebery, Ziebell

RUC: Jacobs, Z. Smith

FWD: J. Roughead, Rioli, Rockliff, J. Lewis, Breust

INT: H. Taylor, Heppell, Wellingham, S. Edwards

Looking through the list of FAs (though they're all still currently under waiver), I doubt I'll make any changes for now.