Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 632280 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1665 on: August 21, 2013, 07:12:29 AM »
But weren't you the one who defended ASADA the other day WP

I said they were pathetic from day one and this proves my point
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1666 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
MMMM I thought they were told in 2012 it wasn't banned not 2013

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1668 on: August 21, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
make it snappy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1669 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
But weren't you the one who defended ASADA the other day WP

I said they were pathetic from day one and this proves my point

Yes Daniel I did defend them, certainly haven't defended them after last nights debacle that was reported on AFL 360

But re-read my last post daniel I said that I respect the opinions of Richard Ings the former not current but the former head of ASADA. He was there when they didn't make such apparent stuff ups

I also think his opinions on where the case stands after last night's AFL360 story carry far more weight than Gerard Whately's opinion as he knows the hows and whys regarding what WADA can and cannot do. Whateley reported something and then gave his opinion as to where he believes things stand and go from here.

People may have missed it because Robbo was thumping tables and raving like a lunatic who hadn't had his meds  ;D

As for Tim Watson, I am perplexed by the following statements:

First up he said this:

"Of all the substances that are known in this ASADA report, they gave a detailed outline as to what they were and the effects of those if there were any and those fears have been allayed."

Then he said:

He also said there were no substances that were still unknown "as to what they may or may not have been, or whether they were administered".

"Of all the information available to the club via the ASADA investigation, all those supplements have been cleared in terms of harmful effects on players," Tim Watson said.

How can you be given details of what the effects of supposedly "unknown" substances in the report are if they are "unknown"

So I ask which is it Tim? Are there still "unknown" substances or are they all "known" can't be both  ::)

Unless of course you are the Donald Rumsfeld of the EFC & AFL

And IMO despite the on going debate about bloody AOD whatever it is called it still doesn't excuse the irresposible behaviour of the EFC and what they did to their players in using them as guinea pigs in program that was poorly planned and executed.

If Tim Watson the parent thinks what the EFC has done is OK then that's Tim's choice. Based on what heard this morning on SEN the only folks Tim seems to be angry with now is the AFL & ASADA. Yep he should be angry at them I would be too

But if I was a parent of one those players I'd still be as equally roperable towards the Club for what has happened because it is the club that implemented this program, not the AFL, not ASADA, not Caro, not Patrick Smith it was the EFC and they must be held to account.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1670 on: August 21, 2013, 01:26:37 PM »
And let it begin - the real stuff  ;D
========================

AFL releases Essendon charges
DateAugust 21, 2013 - 1:14PM

The AFL is releasing details of the charges against Essendon for bringing the game into disrepute, and is convening a meeting of all club presidents for Thursday.

A media release from the AFL advises that AFL Commission Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick has called a special meeting of the 18 AFL Club Presidents, to be held at AFL House at 3pm Thursday.

"Mr Fitzpatrick will brief the Club Presidents on the charges against the Essendon Football Club. The Statement of Grounds for the charges was forwarded to club presidents today for their information," the statement reads.

"In light of the importance of the AFL’s investigation and the legitimate interest of the public in matters pertaining to the integrity of the AFL competition, in the interests of transparency and so that the public can have an understanding of the nature of the charges relating to these matters, the AFL has decided to publish the Statement of Grounds for Essendon Football Club. The AFL notes that certain confidential parts of the Statement of Grounds have been redacted.

"The AFL highlights that the Statement of Grounds contains the charges only and their correctness or otherwise remains to be determined. The Essendon Football Club and all other parties will be given every reasonable opportunity to answer these charges."

There have been calls from commentators and former ASADA chief Richard Ings today for clarity from ASADA and the AFL on their knowledge of the status of the drug AOD-6904, after Essendon consultant, and former AFL anti-doping tribunal member Andrew Garnham told AFL 360 last night that ASADA had told him the anti-obesity drug central to the club's supplements saga was not a banned substance.

MORE TO COME

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-releases-essendon-charges-20130821-2saot.html#ixzz2cZQyc800

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1671 on: August 21, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
"If the AFL has information about these unknown (substances) or ASADA don’t you think it is in the players’ health interests that they tell them what they are?" Watson asked on his SEN radio program Wednesday morning.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tim-watson-slams-afl-media-over-supplements-crisis-20130821-2sa27.html#ixzz2cZ0Evftp

dont you think the club shouldnt enjoy them full of unknown juice? what a moron is tim

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1672 on: August 21, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »
BOOM...let the Essendon fans get excited and then BANG back in ya box.  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1674 on: August 21, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
 :)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1675 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »
From the HUN

AFL releases details of charges against Essendon Football Club and its senior officials
by: Michael Warner, Mark Robinson and Grant Baker
•August 21, 2013 1:17PM

THE AFL has today released its summary of charges against Essendon and its four most senior officials. Read the charge sheets here.

THE AFL has sensationally today released its summary of charges against Essendon, coach James Hird, senior assistant Mark Thompson, club doctor Bruce Reid and football manager Danny Corcoran.

AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick has also called a special meeting of the 18 club presidents for tomorrow.

League boss Andrew Demetriou will front the media at 2pm today.

The Herald Sun last Friday exclusively revealed details from the charge sheets.

The charge sheets include revelations that:

ESSENDON players were to receive 1500 injections of AOD-9604 and Thymosin and more than 16,500 doses of Colostrum and 8000 doses of Tribulus.

THE program was to push the legal limits.

THE program involved the use of allegedly ``beneficial'' and ``exotic'' compounds.

THE program's fitness strategy and use of supplements varied sharply to previous practices at Essendon.

IT involved injecting players with abnormal frequency.

THAT club figures were aware that the implementation of the program was determined without meaningful input from appropriately qualified people.

Which type of Thymosin – banned Beta 4 or permitted Thymosin Alpha is not specified in the charge sheets.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-afl-staffer-told-aod-9604-was-not-on-prohibited-substances-list/story-fni5f6kv-1226700139012

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1676 on: August 21, 2013, 01:42:03 PM »
 :gobdrop :gobdrop

The Charge sheet is 34 pages long

;D ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1677 on: August 21, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1678 on: August 21, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
45. Hird was aware that, to his knowledge, Robinson took no record of the details of the
provision of the substance to Hird.
46. Following hisself-administration of injections of Melanotan II Hird suffered REDACTED
side effects. REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTE

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1679 on: August 21, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
Hird walked round with a huge stiffy all day is what I took out of it all.  :shh