Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 149151 times)

Offline Yeahright

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 9212
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3930 on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
Just wait for the season to start. Either they'll play well and we'll never hear the end of how good they are and their adversity or they'll play poorly and we'll still never hear the end of it with their excuses

Online WilliamPowell

  • Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 30492
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3931 on: November 09, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »
Just wait until next week and the "Medal Decision"

They will be front page again, will knock Donald off said front page  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

  • Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 60619
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3932 on: November 21, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
No show from Dank today.

-------------------------------------------

STEPHEN Dank's appeal against a lifetime sports ban has been adjourned until December 1 after the controversial sports scientist failed to attend a hearing of the AFL Appeals Board on Monday.

Dank sent an email on Sunday requesting his appeal be adjourned because a family member was in hospital with a life-threatening condition.

Despite submissions from the AFL and ASADA on Monday that Dank's appeal be dismissed, the Appeals Board adjourned the appeal to next Thursday on the condition Dank provided supporting documentation from his ill relative's hospital and treating doctor by Friday, November 25.

During Monday's hearing, counsel for ASADA, Patrick Knowles, said Dank had a history of non-compliance and despite being given "umpteen chances" by the Appeal Board was either not willing or didn't intend to appear at his appeal.

Knowles called for Dank's appeal to be dismissed for want of prosecution, urging the Appeals Board not to grant him "another indulgence".

Counsel for the AFL, Renee Enbom, submitted Dank's appeal should be dismissed on the basis of his continued failures to appear at hearings and meet evidentiary deadlines.

"There's no court in the state who would have tolerated the way Dank has conducted his case," Enbom said.

Enbom also said the 34 past and present Essendon players suspended for the 2016 season as a result of the 2012 supplements program overseen by Dank deserved some closure.

"It's time to bring this process to an end. Everyone, including the players, is entitled to some finality," Enbom said.

Dank was found guilty of 10 breaches of the AFL's anti-doping code in April last year.

He was subsequently banned for life from working in any sport in Australia or overseas by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Dank's attempt to have the ban overturned had been scheduled for a three-day hearing at AFL House from Monday.

The appeals board issued a statement on Friday to clarify Dank's rights at the open hearing after a Fairfax Media report stated only written submissions would be allowed.

"The statement contained in the article that oral submissions (and by inference that oral evidence) would not be allowed at the hearing of Mr Dank's appeal is totally incorrect," the statement from board members Peter O'Callaghan QC, Murray Kellam AO and Geoff Giudice AO read.

"All parties shall be entitled to call and rely upon such oral or written evidence as is relevant and make such oral or written submissions as they consider appropriate."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-21/dank-set-to-face-appeals-board-over-lifetime-ban

Online Dougeytherichmondfan

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 1969
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3933 on: November 21, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »
I'm not trying to show any support for that cretin but how can the AFL ban him from working in any sport here or OS?

Offline Yeahright

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 9212
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3934 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:36 PM »
I'm not trying to show any support for that cretin but how can the AFL ban him from working in any sport here or OS?

I'm feeling too lazy to read the article. Did the AFL ban him or ASADA/WADA?

Offline (•))(©™

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 8373
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3935 on: November 21, 2016, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm not trying to show any support for that cretin but how can the AFL ban him from working in any sport here or OS?

Exactly.

What a pack of self righteous wankers. Lol.

“I can’t believe it, 1.20 to go, you’re three points up and there is nobody at the back end of the square for a quick kick in for the opposition.

“I just can’t believe my eyes.

“It’s poor leadership and it’s poor coaching from the Richmond Football Club.”

Online YellowandBlackBlood

  • Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 8844
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3936 on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
The AFL is a signatory of WADA. ASADA is WADAs local arm. ASADA performed a joint investigation into the 34 players and support staff and these people were trialled under the AFL tribunal. Any guilty findings meant that they would be banned from any WADA affiliated sports anywhere in the world.

That's how the system works. It's got nothing to do with righteousness.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 8373
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3937 on: November 24, 2016, 01:31:54 AM »
Ok
“I can’t believe it, 1.20 to go, you’re three points up and there is nobody at the back end of the square for a quick kick in for the opposition.

“I just can’t believe my eyes.

“It’s poor leadership and it’s poor coaching from the Richmond Football Club.”

Offline one-eyed

  • Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 60619
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3938 on: November 25, 2016, 08:30:47 PM »
Surprise surprise  ::)

Dank fails to prove 'medical emergency' after court absence

ABC.net.au
Fri 25 Nov 2016, 5:45pm


Disgraced sports scientist Stephen Dank has failed to supply evidence to prove the reasons for his absence from his appeal against a life ban for multiple doping offences.

Dank did not appear at Monday's hearing, claiming an urgent family medical emergency.

He had until 5:00pm (AEDT) on Friday to provide detailed evidence to support his absence but in a statement the AFL said no paperwork had been received.

The AFL appeals board will make a ruling on the non-submission next week.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) and the AFL have both urged the appeals board to dismiss the case, which would finally draw the curtain on the long-running Essendon supplement saga.

Dank was handed a lifetime ban from all sports which have accepted the World Anti-Doping Code for his role in the 2012 supplements program at Essendon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-25/stephen-dank-fails-to-provide-evidence-anti-doping-afl/8059342

Offline mightytiges

  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 45403
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

  • Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • *****
  • Posts: 60619
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS
« Reply #3940 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:08 PM »
The saga that won't go away for Essendon :yep.

According to Barrett tonight, he's received a letter from Stephen Dank's solicitor stating Dank is seeking proceedings to overturn the decision and "clear his name" and is seeking to call anyone and everyone connected with the doping saga.