Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561629 times)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »

Rampstar

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
have to admit though watching Essedon and its brand being smashed is a lot of fun.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »
My suspicion is that it will be the AFL brand that will take the biggest hit in the wash up, along with Australian sport in general.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ox

« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
Sack the fishmonger!

Rampstar

« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
My suspicion is that it will be the AFL brand that will take the biggest hit in the wash up, along with Australian sport in general.

depends on how many clubs are involved. if its limited then the club will cop it if its more than afew clubs then I would have to agree that the afl brand will take a major hit

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
have to admit though watching Essedon and its brand being smashed is a lot of fun.
Its done them so well last year,Its a pity they got foundout. ;D

Ox

« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
what a crock of poo.

The AFL is immune to any real form of prosecution, mainly because it's owned by Media,Lawyers and accountants.(mates club)

They'll be perceived as attempting to right the wrong and all will be forgot

The most extreme outcome could see the big souvlaki axed and a new token rat given the role,
otherwise, pfffft.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
what a crock of poo.

The AFL is immune to any real form of prosecution, mainly because it's owned by Media,Lawyers and accountants.(mates club)

They'll be perceived as attempting to right the wrong and all will be forgot

The most extreme outcome could see the big souvlaki axed and a new token rat given the role,
otherwise, pfffft.
Yep,Im surprised why Vlads head isn,t on the chopping block,Inparticular if Patrick Smith is right in regards to players being forced to "rest" due to the 3 strike policy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »
 Australian bookmakers Sportsbet and Tattsbet on Friday suspended betting on Australian rules team Essendon, which has been embroiled in a scandal over players taking potentially illicit performance supplements.

The club this week asked the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority to investigate the supplements given to players last season.

"Given the events surrounding Essendon, the most prudent thing to do was to suspend the betting," Sportsbet spokesman Ben Hawes told Reuters.

Sportsbet has suspended betting on all pre-season cup matches for Essendon, and for the opening match of the main AFL season between Essendon and Adelaide on March 22. It has also suspended betting for Essendon to make the 2013 playoffs.

Tattsbet has suspended bets on the Essendon-Adelaide match, and all betting on all teams to make the September finals.

http://au.eurosport.com/australian-football/australian-betting-on-football-club-suspended_sto3613221/story.shtml?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »
CONTROVERSIAL sports scientist Stephen Dank says he is an "obvious" scapegoat in Essendon's supplement scandal but any accusations are baseless.

Dank, Essendon's former performance scientist, parted ways with the club late in 2012 as the Bombers slid down the ladder under the weight of a series of soft-tissue injuries.

Since Essendon went to the AFL with serious concerns about the substances some of its players were taking, his name continues to be mentioned in media reports.

"I mean, obviously, because I sort of managed the supplement program, I mean, obviously the finger was going to, I guess, be pointed in my direction," Dank has told ABC television's 7:30.

"I've got no specific reasons why [people would accuse me], umm, but, you know, obviously because of my involvement - and that was obviously an area that I was managing - you know, if they were going to point the finger they were gonna point the finger towards me."

The full interview with Dank will be aired on Monday night.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-09/dank-declares-innocence

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2013, 06:46:13 PM »
Umm rocket scientist umm NOT

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »
Sort.of
I guess
Ummmm
Gunna

;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:44 AM »
Former Adelaide captain Chris McDermott is calling for Hird to resign.

Sadly the first head to roll might have to be one the biggest in the game.

James Hird, coach of Essendon, must be held to account for his role in the debacle at Windy Hill even if the substances involved are found to be legal. That he has allowed his players, almost to a man, to be used like guinea pigs without comprehension of what he was asking them to do is the worst football decision he will make and it could be a career changer.

The AFL has pleaded for voluntary confessions rather than forced ones, so Hird may well be best served falling on his sword and admitting misuse of his powers in the hope of returning to the game in some fashion in the not-too-distant future.

By Hird's own admission as coach the buck stops with him. The 253-game dual-premiership player, Brownlow medallist, Norm Smith medallist, five-time All-Australian, AFL hall of famer and former club captain might have to make one more sacrifice for his team in the hope others follow suit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/chris-mcdermott-fall-on-sword-james-hird/story-e6frf9jf-1226574490510

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
Deputy CEO Gill McLachlan to hold news conference at 12:30pm EDT after further discussions with the ACC.