Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561942 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #615 on: June 12, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »
Lets blame Asada, let's blame Dank, let's blame *(insert any somewhat relevant party outside the club)*

The manufacturers of the syringes will be next.

If they are so innocent, why are they so concerned feeling the need to shift focus onto every other parties?

Sounds like my kid who constantly blames this little turd "Notme" whenever something is messed up arou.nd the house. Who knows, maybe this ratbag "Notme" is behind the entire supplements program at bomba land
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #616 on: June 12, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »
Lets blame Asada, let's blame Dank, let's blame *(insert any somewhat relevant party outside the club)*

The manufacturers of the syringes will be next.

If they are so innocent, why are they so concerned feeling the need to shift focus onto every other parties?

Sounds like my kid who constantly blames this little turd "Notme" whenever something is messed up arou.nd the house. Who knows, maybe this ratbag "Notme" is behind the entire supplements program at bomba land

Seems that little "Notme" has no respect for anyones house  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »
James Hird and I had poolside 'talks', biochemist Shane Charter says

Carly Crawford
    Herald Sun
    June 13, 2013

ESSENDON coach James Hird twice discussed peptides with biochemist Shane Charter by the pool of a Gold Coast hotel at the beginning of the club's supplements program, Charter has claimed.

Hird, Charter and sacked sports scientist Stephen Dank discussed a range of substances, including peptides, hormones and vitamins, at the Sheraton Mirage in Surfers Paradise in December 2011, he says.

The Bombers were staying at the hotel during their pre-season training camp.

Charter - a key witness in the anti-doping probe - and his family were also staying at the Sheraton.

Investigators from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority have been asking Essendon players about Charter's presence on the training camp.

It was during this pre-Christmas period that Essendon began injecting its players with substances.

Essendon has dismissed as a chance encounter Hird's recent dealings with "Dr Ageless" Charter, Hird's personal trainer in his playing days.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-and-i-had-poolside-talks-biochemist-shane-charter-says/story-fni5f22o-1226662763613

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:45 AM »
James Hird and I had poolside 'talks', biochemist Shane Charter says

Carly Crawford
    Herald Sun
    June 13, 2013

ESSENDON coach James Hird twice discussed peptides with biochemist Shane Charter by the pool of a Gold Coast hotel at the beginning of the club's supplements program, Charter has claimed.

Hird, Charter and sacked sports scientist Stephen Dank discussed a range of substances, including peptides, hormones and vitamins, at the Sheraton Mirage in Surfers Paradise in December 2011, he says.

The Bombers were staying at the hotel during their pre-season training camp.

Charter - a key witness in the anti-doping probe - and his family were also staying at the Sheraton.

Investigators from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority have been asking Essendon players about Charter's presence on the training camp.

It was during this pre-Christmas period that Essendon began injecting its players with substances.

Essendon has dismissed as a chance encounter Hird's recent dealings with "Dr Ageless" Charter, Hird's personal trainer in his playing days.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-and-i-had-poolside-talks-biochemist-shane-charter-says/story-fni5f22o-1226662763613

Essendank carry on as if this whole investigation was just a mirage which should dissipate into the ether.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #620 on: June 13, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »
Barrett saying the interviews will be wrapped up by the end of next week and then it's up to ASADA and the AFL. Bomber Thompson to be interviewed next week.  At this stage a team sanction is the likely scenario (players most likely to get off although there's still 6 players who need to be cleared). Essendon are still claiming they are legally in the clear.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:29 AM »
Barrett saying the interviews will be wrapped up by the end of next week and then it's up to ASADA and the AFL. Bomber Thompson to be interviewed next week.  At this stage a team sanction is the likely scenario (players most likely to get off although there's still 6 players who need to be cleared). Essendon are still claiming they are legally in the clear.

How can the team be sanctioned but no individuals? Either someones given/taken something so they should cop it and if they haven't why do the team deserve anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
Dons may get probe result in six weeks

Jon Pierik
    The Age
    June 15, 2013

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says the extent of the Essendon supplements scandal could be known in six weeks.

The joint investigation by the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority into what happened at the club last year continues, although player interviews are now complete.

Demetriou said the investigation, which began in February, was nearing a conclusion.

''The last information or briefing I had on this was earlier this week, which indicated to me the interviews are nearly complete. The players have been done, they are re-interviewing people. Of course we are involved with that,'' he said on Friday.

''Once those interviews are complete, they will then set about finalising the report.

''My guess is still the same - that is, we won't hear anything until late July, mid August. Unless there are delays, that's the timetable.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dons-may-get-probe-result-in-six-weeks-20130614-2o9vu.html#ixzz2WFDPoDxO

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: June 15, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »
The real question is : has the probe gone deep enough

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #627 on: June 21, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
ASADA inquiry could shelve Essendon players (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2013, 02:35:42 AM »
ASADA inquiry could shelve Essendon players

Jon Ralph
    Herald Sun
    June 23, 2013 8:52PM

ESSENDON players could still be suspended before the finals with the AFL-ASADA drugs inquiry set to wrap up in the last rounds of the season.

AFL deputy chief executive Gillon McLachlan said yesterday he expected the joint inquiry into the club's supplement program would be completed in the home-and-away season.

His estimate was early August, at which stage the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority would either clear Bombers players or issue infraction notices for players to appear at a special AFL tribunal.

It means Essendon players could play in September exonerated of taking banned substances or face a tribunal hearing on the verge of or during finals.

McLachlan was asked about the possibility of Essendon winning the premiership and then facing sanctions.

"I think ... this issue has to be brought to a head before the finals. I believe that and I have sort of some line of sight on it. I've got hopefully some level of confidence that it will be done," he told Channel Seven.

"I'm hopeful and optimistic that it will be somewhere in the first half of August."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/asada-inquiry-could-shelve-essendon-players/story-fni5f6kv-1226668461129

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bombers investigation done by finals: AFL (Age)
« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2013, 02:37:11 AM »
Bombers investigation done by finals: AFL

Roger Vaughan
      The Age
    June 24, 2013

The AFL is confident the investigation into Essendon's supplements scandal will be resolved well before the September finals series.

One of the nightmare scenarios for the league is that the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) hands down its findings during the finals, with Essendon still in premiership contention.

But the AFL's No.2 administrator, chief operating officer Gil McLachlan, said on Sunday that was unlikely to happen.

"I'm hopeful and optimistic it's somewhere in the first half of August," he told Channel Seven's Game Day.
Advertisement

"This issue has to be brought to a head before the finals.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-investigation-done-by-finals-afl-20130623-2oq8k.html#ixzz2X3f2qeMf