Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561766 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1530 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »
I refuse to buy a newspaper and haven't since this all started

Who was the first bloke to crack an egg cook it and eat it? When you think about it in context that could be seen as experimental eating a reproductive cell (egg) but we all do it on a daily basis now.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/asada-when-i-rolled-with-the-punches-i-got-knocked-on-the-ground-essendon-supporters-only.989915/page-707

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1531 on: August 14, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »

Who was the first bloke to crack an egg cook it and eat it? When you think about it in context that could be seen as experimental eating a reproductive cell (egg) but we all do it on a daily basis now.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/asada-when-i-rolled-with-the-punches-i-got-knocked-on-the-ground-essendon-supporters-only.989915/page-707

And the medical world experimented with Thalidomide in the 60's/70's and we all know how that turned out.  Ignorant morons.   :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1532 on: August 14, 2013, 02:10:10 PM »
its great that the players have been freed and clear - Mr James Hird

:o

Delusional starts at the top/

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: August 14, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
i find it funny as we stand here right now, how anyone can hate the blues more than this scum of a club.

The whole club and its leaders are a disgrace to our sport. Asada are not far behind, running Australias biggest bordello.

It seems to me the only people who can hold their head up high is WADA

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1534 on: August 14, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Essendon insider = nuffy. Look at how the club has carried on their innocence through this and now they've been charged.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1535 on: August 14, 2013, 03:21:02 PM »
The whole club and its leaders are a disgrace to our sport. Asada are not far behind, running Australias biggest bordello.

What's your porblem with ASADA daniel  :huh

They have made it clear today that they are still investigating the players and that infractions notices could be issued in the future. This is why they have only issued an interim report. As I said yesterday since Aug 2 ASADA have new powers for investigating and they going to use these powers to continue the investigation. Would rather see them get this right rather than have it done quickly and then leave some tiny loop hole to enable any players to get out of it.

The AFL also made it very clear yesterday when they announced the charges that as it stands at the moment doping charges wont be laid but could be in the future once the ASADA investigation is complete.

WADA have acknowledged and has accepted this approach from both ASADA & the AFL

Richard Ings who was the former cheif of ASADA & a person who views on this matter carry more credibility with me than anyone else has said this morning that the players have defintely not been cleared and that this could take until the end of the year for the investigation to be completed especially in light of the new powers ASADA has

So from an ASADA perspective is far from over

Which means depsite what the Bombers and certain parts of the media have said the players certainly have not been cleared.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1536 on: August 14, 2013, 03:24:30 PM »
daniel like efc fans is in a rush

give it time  :shh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:54:10 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1537 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:42 PM »
Everybody knows NOTHING.LMAO
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1538 on: August 14, 2013, 07:54:16 PM »
Jacqui Reed ‏@JacquiReedAFL 1h
Hird: "I was was reading children's stories to my kids, now I better go and train."

Ronald Dahl was the author of choice. Surely someone can photoshop a book cover for these children classics.

Hirdy's marvellous medicine
James and the giant scandal.
Big Effin Liar
The Twits
Hardy and the Peptide Factory

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1539 on: August 14, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Green Eggs and AOD 9604
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1540 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

They have made it clear today that they are still investigating the players and that infractions notices could be issued in the future. This is why they have only issued an interim report. As I said yesterday since Aug 2 ASADA have new powers for investigating and they going to use these powers to continue the investigation. Would rather see them get this right rather than have it done quickly and then leave some tiny loop hole to enable any players to get out of it.

The AFL also made it very clear yesterday when they announced the charges that as it stands at the moment doping charges wont be laid but could be in the future once the ASADA investigation is complete.

Richard Ings who was the former cheif of ASADA & a person who views on this matter carry more credibility with me than anyone else has said this morning that the players have defintely not been cleared and that this could take until the end of the year for the investigation to be completed especially in light of the new powers ASADA has

Which means depsite what the Bombers and certain parts of the media have said the players certainly have not been cleared.

WP, WADA have said AOD is banned all along.

Jobe admitted that's what he had

Why hasn't he been charged?

Someone from ASADA has supposedly told them something different that's my guess.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
ASADA Report: Hirds Three Pronged Attack
By Samantha Lane
15th August 2013

James Hird has mounted an extraordinary challenge to the AFL Commission by demanding a public hearing of the supplements case by an independent tribunal no sooner than two weeks after the conclusion of the finals.

Correspondence lodged with the AFL’s solicitors on Wednesday afternoon specifically asserted that league chief executive Andrew Demetriou is a conflicted party who should not sit in judgment of the matter.

Hird’s legal team outlined three demands that would ruin the AFL's plans to deal with Essendon before the finals – chiefly, a categoric refusal to face a closed Commission hearing.
An August 19 deadline was set for an AFL response, with the Hird camp – including Julian Burnside, QC – making no secret of its intention to take on the league in the Victorian Supreme Court if required.

Acting on independent legal advice, but apparently with the support of his club, Hird is calling for the establishment of an independent tribunal that would hear in public the charges arising thus far out of the Bombers’ supplements scandal, instead of the AFL Commission – usually a nine-member body that includes Demetriou.

Fairfax Media learnt on Wednesday of the detail in the aggressive three-point response to the AFL prepared by Hird’s lawyers, who are now also directly challenging the validity of a 400-page interim report that was prepared by ASADA and delivered to the AFL 13 days ago.

The multi-pronged response was triggered by serious misconduct charges the AFL laid against Hird, Essendon and three others on Tuesday night. Six months into an Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority probe, Essendon, its head coach Hird, senior assistant coach Mark Thompson, club doctor Bruce Reid and football boss Danny Corcoran have been charged by the AFL with conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the league.

Now that charges have been laid, Hird’s initial legal fight is bold but procedure-focused.

And if the AFL, which received two letters from the coach’s legal team on Wednesday, does not accede to the demands, the lawyers acting for Hird say they will not hesitate taking the case to court; a development that would worsen what has already proved a crisis for the code.

In calling for the Essendon hearing to be public and judged by an independent tribunal, Hird’s lawyers are claiming that AFL Commissioners, and particularly Demetriou, would come to the case with a prejudiced view because they were provided with ASADA’s interim report.

Hird objects to several claims in the interim report but after his day-long interview with ASADA investigators, in April, was not recalled for a further interview and was not given the opportunity to review assertions made in the report that ASADA delivered to the AFL on August 2. These grievances are now being pursued separately with ASADA.

While Bill Kelty removed himself months ago from any AFL Commission deliberations on Essendon due to his relationships with Hird and ex-Bomber chairman David Evans, Hird’s camp is adamant that Demetriou should also stand aside because they consider him a potential ‘witness’ in the case who has already indicated publicly that he has taken an adverse view of Hird.

The first argument relates to a conflicting version of events around a telephone conversation on February 4, between Demetriou and Evans, before Essendon announced it was essentially opening itself up to an investigation by ASADA. It emerged last month that Hird claimed in his interview with ASADA that he believed Demetriou tipped off Evans about the contents of the Australian Crime Commission report. Demetriou and Evans have both denied those claims, with Demetriou saying he could not have leaked the information because he wasn't privy to it.

It's understood that in the letter filed to the AFL's solicitors on Wednesday, Hird's lawyers also cited some of Demetriou's public comments on the case - specifically a statement in April when the league CEO said Hird should consider standing down from his job as senior coach. The letter says that public statement indicated Demetriou had formed an adverse view of Hird's conduct.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-report-james-hirds-threepronged-attack-20130814-2rwxv.html#ixzz2bwVZzWNi
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:04:06 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1542 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »

Someone from ASADA has supposedly told them something different that's my guess.

Daniel answered this yesterday. Richard Ings reiterated it this arvo on SEN and The 2 Age journos said it last week

The interim report says that yes AOD was given to EFC players but because of the EFC not keeping proper records of who was given what they are currently unable to determine who took AOD or any other banned substance

Jobe said he believed he had taken AOD because that's what he was told he was given and what was on the consent form he signed but the EFC records don't confirm it or refute it. This applies to all players

Hence why there have been no infraction notices issued and ASADA are still investigating. They are trying to establish who took what. That's why the AFL said last night and ASADA have said today the players can still be charged

As I said yesterday the last thing ASADA would want to do is issue a notice based on we think this what this player took and the player appeals and gets let off

All the info is out there as to why no player has been charged. Only thing is you are more likely to find it in the Big paper as opposed to the HUN

Have patience and let ASADA do their job thoroughly and properly  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1543 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »

oh man

your going to love the next bit of news

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
go Caro go

:birthday :santa :birthday :santa