Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 561740 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Thymosin beta 4 not on WADA banned list: Stephen Dank (Age)
« Reply #3435 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »

"In saying that, I am not putting a defence forward because we used it but with all due respect ..
. I have found it quite laughable that they have tried to establish it in a relationship that is on schedule 2. That in itself I find ridiculous."

It is not listed by name, but TB4 is a peptide that falls under WADA's S2 category for performance enhancing drugs.

So let me gets this straight is now saying he did indeed give Essendon players TB4?

If yes, then how much more proof does there need to be?
Yep WP. Why would he care if it's banned if he didn't give TB4 to the players?!  :wallywink.

As if Dank will ever show up to a court. If you've got proof of innocence then you don't wait 3 years and counting and what will be after the players cop doping suspensions. He's full of crap!

It's just more from the Dank/Hird/Essendon dodgy handbook of BS:

"Oh, we didn't give the players these banned substances but you know they shouldn't really banned anyway."

"We want a quick resolution to this but we'll drag all this through the courts for 3 years to avoid the ASADA investigation"

"We can't or won't show any records of what we did give the players but if we did it would be in an appropriate forum. Note: a court of law, tribunal, ASADA/WADA investigation, media conference or anywhere where we'll clearly be shown up as talking crap for the past 3 years, do not class as an appropriate forum."

::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
34 Bomber players found not guilty (Age)
« Reply #3436 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Reports that the 34 players from Essendon have been found NOT GUILTY.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/supplements-saga/essendon-drug-scandal-the-verdict-20150331-1mbos1.html

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3437 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
not guilty

what a farce
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #3438 on: March 31, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
Well it hard to find them guilty when they torched the evidence.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3439 on: March 31, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »
Court stated "insufficient evidence" so the players got off. No decision on Dank mentioned yet.

Now it comes down to whether ASADA and WADA appeals in the next 21 days.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3440 on: March 31, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
Well it hard to find them guilty when they torched the evidence.

As someone said on BF - the shredder at Windy Hill won the case.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #3441 on: March 31, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
Old essendon fella at work that is pretty well connected (I assume through golf which all these cashed up semi retirees seem to be into) heard from Little's mouth a few weeks back that they don't have enough evidence. Said it in a way that they didn't give enough evidence because in the end they were never obliged to.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3442 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
Yet people wonder why the game has became the way it is.

3 years for nothing

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3443 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
Cheap food, fan friendly fixturing etc etc etc this sport has officially gone to the dogs.
Thanks Vladimir
Thanks Hird
Thanks EFC
Thanks ASADA and WADA.
Let's go after the real cheats who take a panadol or a monster energy drink.
Thanks for ruining what credibility this sport had left.
Disgrace.
A League and the recent success of the Socceroos is the way to go.
Shocking.
All we need now is Essendon to win a flag in the next few years to finally put AFL into the sewers
Have a smug Hird telling us if it wasn't for his and clubs persistance they would not be here. :chuck

Would rather pay $7 for a pie and watch Twilight Footy at the G v GWS on a Sunday than have this garbage spewed at the rank and file fan.

Yet the Pies kids, Crowley and Saad have had the ridicule of being named and shamed.

AFL should be rebranded HBFFC. Hird's Bomber Friendly Footy Comp.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:43:52 PM by Don Fistiki »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3444 on: March 31, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
Not guilty??? Your kidding
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3445 on: March 31, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »
What I think the media and Essendon people are clearly missing is that the verdict is not guilty because the tribunal could not be satisfied that they have taken any banned substances

Not that they haven't taken anything, they just cannot be sure.

In other words the Bombers incompetency in record keeping has saved their players bacon

I will be interested to see of either ASADA or WADA appeal

Don't think this is over yet
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3447 on: March 31, 2015, 03:30:12 PM »
Essendon players not guilty of using banned peptide, AFL anti-doping tribunal finds
By Stephanie Chalkley-Rhoden
Updated 24 minutes ago

The AFL anti-doping tribunal has found 34 current and former Essendon players not guilty of using a banned supplement during the 2012 football season.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) had alleged the players were administered thymosin beta-4 as part of their fitness regime.

It means they are clear to play in the AFL's opening round this weekend.

The tribunal's chairman, David Jones, said the panel was not satisfied the players violated the AFL's doping code.

"The tribunal was comfortably satisfied that the substance thymosin beta-4 was at the relevant time a prohibited substance under the [anti-doping] code," he said.

"The tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player violated clause 11.2 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code."

He said the decision against "a former Essendon support person", believed to be Stephen Dank, who ran the club's supplements program during the time in question, would be made at a later date.

Mr Jones said it would not release its reason for the decision, but the parties involved were free to do so.

ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt said he was disappointed with the decision and Essendon had let down its players and supporters.

"What happened at Essendon in 2012 was, in my opinion, absolutely and utterly disgraceful," he said in a statement.

"It was not a supplements program but an injection regime and the players and the fans were so poorly let down by the club.

"While I am obviously disappointed that the charges in this instance have not been proven to the comfortable satisfaction of the tribunal, I am pleased that the tribunal was finally able to hear these matters."

The decision was handed down behind closed doors but the players' lawyer, David Grace QC, emerged a short time afterwards to confirm the players had been cleared.

He said he was happy with the decision but would not be drawn in to comment on whether reputations have been damaged by the long-running investigation.

"I don't want to comment about the strength or weakness of the case," he said.

"We mounted a very strong defence to the case and the result is here today."

Mr Grace also said he would not discuss whether the players would take any legal action in light of the decision.

"We're going to see the players now and talk to them and I think all they'll be interested in is playing on Saturday."

Much of the evidence put forward by ASADA had been circumstantial, with no player ever testing positive to the supplement.

ASADA had earlier indicated that if the tribunal's finding went against it, it would be more than willing to appeal and now has 21 days to launch a challenge.

It said it would hold a media conference on Wednesday morning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-31/afl-anti-doping-tribunal-decision-on-essendon-supplements/6361006?section=sport

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3448 on: March 31, 2015, 03:49:50 PM »
Statement from AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh
AFL Players Association
Mar 31, 2015

The AFL Players’ Association welcomes today’s tribunal decision, in which all 34 current and former Essendon players have been cleared of an anti-doping rule violation.

We have always been of the view that these players have done nothing wrong and this has been confirmed by the Tribunal today.

This decision does not absolve the Essendon Football Club of blame. Players were placed in an unacceptable position that put their health and careers at risk.

For over two years these players’ lives have been hijacked by this issue through no fault of their own, and today’s decision brings a sense of overwhelming relief and vindication of the players’ consistent position of innocence throughout this saga.

The players have withstood enormous uncertainty, public scrutiny and speculation over their health, their careers, and their reputations. This decision finally brings that uncertainty and speculation to an end.

I would like to commend the players for the way in which they have conducted themselves over the past two years. Players have honestly, candidly and transparently cooperated with the process and can hold their heads high that this decision has cleared them of any wrong doing.

We are relieved this matter is now closed and we, as an industry, can get on with the footy. We believe this matter provides an opportunity for genuine industry reflection to ensure this type of situation never happens again.

The PA will continue to work with the AFL and Clubs to do everything we can to make sure no player’s health is ever put at risk again in the pursuit of on-field success.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/statement-from-ceo-paul-marsh-4/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3449 on: March 31, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »
Hmmm.

Decision on the other person (presumably Dank) to come later

Now if he is found guiltily of supplying and administering banned substances then how can the players not be found guilty of taking them?

Just asking?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)