Author Topic: Summer standouts (afl site)  (Read 543 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Summer standouts (afl site)
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:08:26 PM »
Summer standouts
afl.com.au
Thursday, February 14, 2013

RICHMOND
Second-year defender Brandon Ellis excelled on the track before Christmas with a bunch of impressive time trial results, and he looked a picture of fitness in the Tigers' clash with the Indigenous All Stars in Alice Springs.

Tyrone Vickery is another said to be impressing with both his running and contested marking after shoulder surgery ruined his 2012 season.

Tall key position player Ben Griffiths has had a strong and continuous pre-season after managing nine senior games last year, and has achieved the goal of adding muscle to his frame. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-14/summer-standouts

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Summer standouts (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »
As much as I like to see Ellis running well and being a picture of fitness, I am far more excited to hear that both Vickery and Griffiths is fit and firing. I can't stress how important Vickery is to our side and how amazing Griffiths can become with enough time on the ground. 200+cm skilled players are hard to come by.  :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
Well said Stripes. We seem to have a couple of very good 200cm+ players that aren't ruckman which is very rare.

Ellis looking like a steal at pick 15. Wasn't all that excited by him at the time. Shows what I know. Was hoping we'd take Vlastuin this year though.  :help

Rampstar

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »
Has Ellis increased his speed over the ground because he was extremely slow at different points of last season.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »
Has Ellis increased his speed over the ground because he was extremely slow at different points of last season.
Essendon sprint coach, Canadian Ben Johnson has been enlisted to help young Ellis increase his speed to superhuman preportions.  ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.