Author Topic: Daniel Richardson appointed as General Manager of Football [official]  (Read 4831 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Richardson to take over the Tigers' football department (Age)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »
Now this is sort of BS I'm talking about.

Why the hell would or should Carro know about this appointment?
Is it in the clubs interest to get the story out into public domain before the appointment is finalized?

The fact that Caroline Wilson has the inside word about the club every time someone at the club has a thought about anything shows why we still need better people at the club who can keep their mouth shut. It can't be that hard can it?

So you assume that she got the story from the club and not from ESP's office.
A very, very, very big assumption considering how much gossip goes on in the player management area.
She even gives you the hint by saying that Richardson and Kelly have been in discussions about his future.
Yep, ignore all the talk about ESP and assume the leak came from the club.  :banghead

Aside from that I think the appointment of a player agent is an excellent idea.
Since Cameron's departure I have been thinking what we need is a MANAGER type who can oversee all the different departments of the club and also someone who has good, broad connections in the business to be able to recruit the best people to the club. People outside of connections to Melbourne, Port or Hawthorn.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
Agreed :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »
Now this is sort of BS I'm talking about.

Why the hell would or should Carro know about this appointment?
Is it in the clubs interest to get the story out into public domain before the appointment is finalized?

The fact that Caroline Wilson has the inside word about the club every time someone at the club has a thought about anything shows why we still need better people at the club who can keep their mouth shut. It can't be that hard can it?

So you assume that she got the story from the club and not from ESP's office.
A very, very, very big assumption considering how much gossip goes on in the player management area.
She even gives you the hint by saying that Richardson and Kelly have been in discussions about his future.
Yep, ignore all the talk about ESP and assume the leak came from the club.  :banghead

Aside from that I think the appointment of a player agent is an excellent idea.
Since Cameron's departure I have been thinking what we need is a MANAGER type who can oversee all the different departments of the club and also someone who has good, broad connections in the business to be able to recruit the best people to the club. People outside of connections to Melbourne, Port or Hawthorn.

Agree that the leak didn't come from the club.

You only have to read this article from last year by Caro to know that she is on top of the old xavarian network

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-xavier-network-20120928-26r0y.html

The appointment of Dan Richardson looks a very good one

Rampstar

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
Does he post on here? ;D If he posts on here then he has our full support if not then there could be issues  ;D

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »

being the daughter of the most successful past president of RFC

Complete BS. He coat tailed off of Ray Dunn and then presided over the poaching war with Collingwood. Her father almost sent Richmond to the wall, something she doesn't care to discuss.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
Does he post on here? ;D If he posts on here then he has our full support if not then there could be issues  ;D

He posts under the name "claw"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »

He posts under the name "claw"
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Rampstar

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 11:51:23 PM »

being the daughter of the most successful past president of RFC

Complete BS. He coat tailed off of Ray Dunn and then presided over the poaching war with Collingwood. Her father almost sent Richmond to the wall, something she doesn't care to discuss.

As I said in a previous post If Ray Dunn were alive today he would be perplexed by the notion that he wasnt the best President we had. He won 2 flags as President, moved the clubs games from Punt Road oval to the MCG and turned Richmond into a true powerhouse of Australian sport.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
Craig Kelly was on SEN this morning around 7.40 and confirmed Dan Richardson is joing the Tigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Balmyarmy

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
ESP would like to congratulate the Richmond Football Club on gaining the services of an outstanding person in Dan Richardson as its new General Manager of Football.

Richardson has been with ESP for over a decade, overseeing the careers of many of the AFL’s leading players and coaches during that time.

Dan and ESP have worked closely together during Richmond’s process, fully supporting Dan’s move to a new challenge in the AFL industry.

ESP’s succession plan will be for Justin Reid, who has been with ESP for over ten years and worked closely with Dan, to become the Head of our AFL Talent Business Unit.  Justin will be supported by the ESP management team that includes Craig Kelly, Adam Ramanauskas, Nigel Carmody, Nick Gieschen, Michael Doughty, Will Thomas, Sally Harris, Ginnie Hope-Johnstone, John Andrews and Shane Casley.

ESP wishes Dan all the best in his new role.

http://www.elitesports.com.au/australian-football-league/esps-richardson-appointed-as-tigers-gm-of-football/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Richardson appointed as General Manager of Football [official]
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »
Richmond Football Club has appointed Dan Richardson as its new General Manager of Football.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-25/richardson-appointed-as-general-manager-of-football

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
now that's what I call an upgrade

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »
Congrats to the club and Daniel, look forward to seeing what results they can achieve together  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
Craig Cameron leaves a big helmet to fill, good luck Dan!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 09:09:32 PM »
Craig Cameron leaves a big helmet to fill, good luck Dan!

:lol

Yes looks to be a good well planned out appointment, and puts to bed any balmey distractions before the season kicks off