Author Topic: Non-Richmond Games 2013  (Read 52690 times)

dwaino

Re: Non-Richmond Games 2013
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »
So a 28 pt win to the dockers. Sounded like they played well from the sen coverage.
We have to play them twice and im concerned, not because of tonight but I think we could lose both if not careful.
Just dont want a repeat of last year at the G, that was the worst game I ever sat through. Almost as bad as the loss to blues in 2011 100 pt one that is.

Nothing I've seen this pre-season from us suggests to me that we'll beat Freo over there or here. Granted West Coast had a few out, but Freo managed to collect themselves after getting blown out of the blocks then turning it around and putting West Coast to the sword. We go over there twice too. I'm going to pencil the two games there and one here in as loses. Two of them in the first 10 rounds which is why I'm not as optimistic as some are about how we'll go this year.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
After the first 20 mins Freo swamped them. It was like I was watching St Kilda in the years making the GF. If anything they were more manic than St Kilda and don't have as many C graders as St Kilda did. Scary as they will be hard to beat over there and will beat a lot of sides away from Subi.

We have only one draw from 9 attempts against a side coached by Ross Lyon. We do not adapt well to the defensive press of his. Freo will be a top 4 side this year barring injuries. They are going to be scary and so annoying with that game style.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
Good point, I hope we can win one of them but I doubt it too. I think we will have a red hot crack like last year and I think we will probably have improved since last year but I think most clubs have. From what ive seen so far this year yes we do have depth and yes our good are great but its those bottom 6 or sothat im concerned about and only when I see players earn their spot and they are not gifted will I truly believe.

Disregard tonights performance I would still have freo top 6 this year and west coast too. Howevern im not tipping WC for premiers I think pies will win it this year.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »
Geez Freo were good. Was comparing them to Adelaide in first half but that speed of Hill and Pearce really cut WC to shreds. Pearce looks like being a great pick up. Just needed to get outta Port.  :whistle

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »
Doggis have started well 24 - 4 at the half way mark of the first quarter.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 01:58:01 PM »
Doggis have started well 24 - 4 at the half way mark of the first quarter.

Yeh what a hoot if they beat the Lions although they will probably get rolled

Go rainsey

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »
Wait what? But what about pre-season form?  :rollin :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
Make that Dogs 37 to Bris 5 lol.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »
Looks like there is a decent size crowd.

Lions hit back with the first couple of goals in the 2nd quarter Western bulldogs just got one back.
45 - 18

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
Brissy will win by less than a kick leaving it very late on to hit the front for the first time to put the puppies to sleep officially for season 2013.

Rampstar

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 02:55:06 PM »
hopefully the dogs hang on for the win and deny Brisbane 4 points. Brisbane is one of the teams in line for a position in the eight so them missing out on 4 points would be a good thing.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Doggies up by 38 points at half time

Lions were terrible in the first half. More like the bears of old  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »
Maybe they are not as good as their pre season form suggests.
A lot of flankers in that side.
Reminds me of Walla$$.

I can see your point Ramps.

However rather than focusing on what others have done, are doing or will do I firmly believe if we focus on what we need to do and not worry about others then we will fulfil our plans which is far more satisfying. :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
hopefully the dogs hang on for the win and deny Brisbane 4 points. Brisbane is one of the teams in line for a position in the eight so them missing out on 4 points would be a good thing.

Losing to a team that most of the other teams that are fighting for a top 8 position will win could cost any team at the end of the season. It mainly depends on the Lions draw though. I haven't looked at their fixture but they might face gc, port and gws more times than other teams fighting for a spot in the top 8 which will help them make up for the 4 points if they lose today.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 03:23:16 PM »
Brissy certainly would have GC twice each season.