Author Topic: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013  (Read 14565 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Barometer: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
ON THE CUSP: Plenty. Dylan Grimes is the most likely to get a call-up after getting through three quarters for Coburg at the weekend and picking up 11 disposals. If for some reason the Tigers wanted to make wholesale changes, a lot of players put their hands up in the VFL practice match including Nick Vlastuin (22 disposals), Matt Dea (31 disposals), Chris Knights (28 touches) and former Kangaroo Aaron Edwards (five goals and eight marks).

Not use to hearing this be said

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: St Kilda vs Richmond Round 2 2013
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »
I want Vlastuin to play but I don't know who goes out for him and I don't want him to be the sub
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
I want Vlastuin to play but I don't know who goes out for him and I don't want him to be the sub

I'd bring in Vlaustin for Ellis, start him and if tires then sub him out in the final qtr

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »
I'd be happy to bring in a half eaten pink cupcake for Ellis

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
Grimes for Griff and Nahas for Vlastuin.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
  If Kosi plays, Griff stays and i see Grimes playing another week at least in the 2's to get his match fitness up. It will be interesting decisions for them to make on what our best backline looks like.  i really like Griff in the side and having a 200cm mobile defender is important, as long as he pulls his weight and plays a bit better than last week.  What i find interesting is Chaps and Grimes play similar roles and i cant see either taking on St Nick

Nahas to make way for Matty White as the sub as he offers the team (not the girls) more. lmao.

But i see Grff going to Kosi or Hickey, Rance to Roo, Morris to Milne and if Maister plays Chaps will pick him up.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »
  If Kosi plays, Griff stays and i see Grimes playing another week at least in the 2's to get his match fitness up. It will be interesting decisions for them to make on what our best backline looks like.  i really like Griff in the side and having a 200cm mobile defender is important, as long as he pulls his weight and plays a bit better than last week.  What i find interesting is Chaps and Grimes play similar roles and i cant see either taking on St Nick

Nahas to make way for Matty White as the sub as he offers the team (not the girls) more. lmao.

But i see Grff going to Kosi or Hickey, Rance to Roo, Morris to Milne and if Maister plays Chaps will pick him up.

Grimes seemed quite confident of playing Friday Night.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
Dylan Grimes on fringe of selection for Richmond

BY:GREG DENHAM

RICHMOND may consider one change to the line-up that defeated Carlton by five points last Thursday at the MCG.

Defender Dylan Grimes, who played just nine games last season because of hamstring problems, has claims to being recalled against St Kilda at the MCG on Friday night.

He played for Coburg in the VFL on Saturday and new Tigers general manager of football operations Dan Richardson said yesterday he could be included for his first senior match since round 14 last year.

"He's now had three games under his belt since hamstring surgery so his fitness is almost at the level required," Richardson said.

Richmond has some valuable depth players on the verge of senior consideration. Former Adelaide forward Chris Knights is also gaining some match practice in the VFL, while promising teenage midfielder Nick Vlastuin played on the weekend after being an emergency against Carlton.

However, speedy midfielder Nathan Foley is at least another month away because of his limited pre-season due to Achilles issues.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick, who broke his first-round duck at his fourth attempt, also defeated Carlton and its coach Mick Malthouse for the first time. He had previously lost both games against a Malthouse-coached Collingwood in 2010 and 2011.

It is also the first time the Tigers have been ahead of the ledger with a positive win-loss ratio in any one season under Hardwick, who took over as senior coach at the start of 2010.

Midfielder Brett Deledio emphasised the breakthrough first-up victory needed to be built on to maintain self-belief to mount a challenge for an overdue final-eight finish.

"Round one is always massively built up and has been over the last six or seven years, but then you go into round two knowing it's like any other game," Deledio said.

"It's going to be a big game and we are on centre stage again, so hopefully everyone turns up and we are up for it.

"There is nothing like having the confidence that comes from winning. It can take you a long way. We have definitely got things to work on, but to be 1-0 instead of 0-1 is a pretty good feeling."

Meanwhile, Carlton will today know the result of Chris Yarran's match-day report for striking Bachar Houli, in what appeared to be a left-arm punch to the body off the ball. If the charge is assessed as being behind the play, it will automatically be deemed intentional.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/dylan-grimes-on-fringe-of-selection-for-richmond/story-fnca0u4y-1226609989042
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »

he's played 7 qtrs of footy.. iirc  2 halves and last week 3 qtrs..  imo, i'd wait another week,  until he can at least play a full vfl game..  players were out on their feet in round 1 with a full pre season behind them

dwaino

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:59 PM »

he's played 7 qtrs of footy.. iirc  2 halves and last week 3 qtrs..  imo, i'd wait another week,  until he can at least play a full vfl game..  players were out on their feet in round 1 with a full pre season behind them

Grimes has only played limited quarters to cotton wool him. Don't doubt a second he's not ready to come back to seniors. I reckon the fact we didn't rush him back round 1 speaks volumes.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
No rush.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 02:39:04 AM »
MCG website says they are expecting a crowd of 50k.

Event:                   AFL Round 2   
Teams:                  St Kilda v Richmond
Date:                     Friday April 5, 2013
Start time:              7.50pm

Gate opening:
Public/AFL members: 5.30pm
MCC members: 5.30pm

Car park opening:
Gate 3: 1.30pm
Gate 5: 3.00pm
Gate 6: 4.00pm
Gate 7: 7.00am (media, corporate and disabled pass holders only)

Expected attendance: 50,000

General admission seating:
Ponsford Stand
M28-31
Q29-36

Olympic Stand
M50-57
Q49-57

Great Southern Stand
Q1-15 1/2

Cheersquad allocation:
St Kilda - M3 (rows A-T)
Richmond M33 (rows A-S)

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=a4104cd8-ca17-4f71-beb2-cc3261fa3232

Replacement home game for St Kilda clash
richmondfc.com.au
Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Richmond members will be able to gain free admission into the MCG this Friday night to watch the Tigers take on St Kilda in a ‘replacement home game’.

Members with a reserved seat, or an access membership, can attend the game by scanning their 2013 Richmond membership card at the gate.

For this replacement home game, Richmond reserved seat members have General Admission access.  If you haven't yet decided where to sit, the Tigers’ cheer squad will be at the Ponsford Stand, (entry via Gate 1).

The Club encourages members and supporters to create a powerful Richmond presence, by sitting together at the game to create a sea of Yellow and Black in the Ponsford Stand.

To purchase a ticket, or upgrade to a reserved seat for this week’s game, click here.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-02/replacement-home-game-for-st-kilda-clash

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
In the Mix - Round 2 (afl site)
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:09 AM »
In the Mix - Round 2
afl.com.au

RICHMOND
Coming off a win and with no injuries, the Tigers might not touch their line-up although they do have options. Dylan Grimes played three-quarters in the VFL on the weekend at half back and might come into calculations if they consider he's had enough game time following a hamstring injury. Orren Stephenson had 32 hit-outs, forward Aaron Edwards kicked five goals and first-year player Nick Vlastuin had 22 possessions. Matt Dea and Chris Knights were also prolific. Ricky Petterd said his groin injury "was just a couple of days off" when he missed out on the Carlton game so he might be considered if fit.

ST KILDA
With Richmond's tall forwards looming, the return of Sam Fisher (foot) would be timely. The tall defender needs to have proved his fitness at a closed training session on Tuesday morning, along with All Australian backman Sean Dempster (hamstring). Coach Scott Watters expects Dempster to be available while Leigh Montagna will come straight back in after serving a one game suspension. Adam Schneider is building game time and should be available, while key forward Justin Koschitzke will be considered after impressing with his defensive pressure in a practice match for Sandringham.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-02/in-the-mix-round-two

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
Preview: Saints v Tigers
By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
April 2, 2013

SUMMARY:
After losing to Gold Coast by 13 points in its season opener, St Kilda will be desperate to atone on Friday night and avoid its first 0-2 start to a season since 2000. The Saints slumped in the final term against the Suns, allowing Gary Ablett to run riot sand snatch a win for his young team. Richmond, meanwhile, will enter this clash buoyed by its first round-one win since 2008. The Tigers had a last quarter to forget, however, and were fortunate to escape with a win. Key midfielders Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio and Dustin Martin were all in top form.     

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Friday April 5, 7.50pm

TV, RADIO AND BETTING: Click here for broadcast guide

LAST FIVE TIMES
R10, 2012, Richmond 18.13 (121) d St Kilda 16.17 (113) at Etihad Stadium
R2, 2011, St Kilda 13.17 (95) drew Richmond 14.11 (95) at the MCG
R21, 2010, St Kilda 17.13 (115) d Richmond 14.10 (94) at Etihad Stadium
R11, 2010, St Kilda 14.13 (97) d Richmond 8.11 (59) at Etihad Stadium
R13, 2009, St Kilda 13.14 (92) d Richmond 5.6 (36) at Etihad Stadium

THE SIX POINTS
1. St Kilda and Richmond met only once in 2012, in round 10 at Etihad Stadium, and the Tigers won a thriller by eight points.

2. The Tigers midfield proved the difference last time with Cotchin, Deledio and Martin all winning more than 25 possessions. No St Kilda player had more than 25.

3. The Tigers narrowly won the contested possession count 144 to 139 in round 10 last season.

4. The past two clashes between the sides have gone down to the wire with a draw in 2011 and an eight-point result in 2012.

5. With that win in 2012 Richmond defeated St Kilda for the first time since round four, 2003; prior to last season the Saints had won 13 in a row.

6. At the MCG there have been 30 previous matches with 19 wins to the Tigers, eight to the Saints and three draws. This will be only the second Friday night clash at the MCG between St Kilda and Richmond in history.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/2/stk-v-rich

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
Always concerned with teams that have traditionally had the wood on us and until recently the Saints were one of them. I also noticed that they are bringing back Montanya and Kosi for the game. Probably thought to rest them against the GC easy beats  : :laugh:

I don't think Ellis should be dropped for the game but I would like to see White or Vlaustin rewarded with a place in the team, even as a sub, over Nahas. Nahas did nothing in that role on Thursday. Griffiths is a weapon kicking out of defence and the fact they give him that role speaks volumes of the confidence the coaches and players have in his decision making and poise under pressure. He opens up the oppositions kick in zone because he can accurate pinpoint a pass to 60m and launch it over a zone with a 70m bomb. His defence needs work though without a doubt.  :-\

Another big game