Author Topic: Study on consumer habits of AFL supporters (Herald-Sun)  (Read 874 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Study on consumer habits of AFL supporters (Herald-Sun)
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »
Study on consumer habits of AFL supporters puts teams on a different kind of league ladder

by: Peter Rolfe
    April 23, 2013 6:27PM

CARLTON may be lacking style on the AFL field so far this season but their supporters are ladder leaders in fashion.

The spending habits of footy fans have been laid bare in the national study comparing the purchase preferences of more than 30,000 AFL supporters in 25 categories including travel, entertainment, shopping, leisure and parenting.

Debunking stereotypes about some supporters and affirming others, the NAB analysis found Richmond fans were most willing to spend money on their children's education in Victoria, Essendon supporters were the state's top spenders on food and drink and Melbourne Football Club faithful were most likely to don lycra and go cycling.

St Kilda supporters were Victoria's biggest concert and festival goers, ahead of Hawthorn, Collingwood, Richmond and North Melbourne fans in buying the hottest tickets in town.

Full survey results here: http://media.heraldsun.com.au/ipadspecials/afl_survey/index.html

Full article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/money/study-on-consumer-habits-of-afl-supporters-puts-teams-on-a-different-kind-of-league-ladder/story-e6frfh5f-1226627329619

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Study on consumer habits of AFL supporters (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Melbourne Football Club faithful were most likely to don lycra and go cycling.

:ROTFL

what a surprise .........
knobs of the highest order.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Study on consumer habits of AFL supporters (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »
Bummers the least charitable, I always knew they were a pack o mean ol bastards.