Author Topic: Richmond's flag window to open: Worsfold (afl site)  (Read 544 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's flag window to open: Worsfold (afl site)
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »
Richmond's flag window to open: Worsfold
By Justin Chadwick
afl.com.au
4:04pm AEST Sunday, June 2, 2013

WEST Coast coach John Worsfold predicts Richmond's premiership window will soon open, saying the Tigers are on the right track to achieve future success.

Richmond last played finals in 2001, but has been steadily building since Damien Hardwick took over as coach in 2010.

A series of close losses last year cost Richmond the chance to secure a finals berth.

But at 5-4 entering Monday night's clash with West Coast at Patersons Stadium, the Tigers are in the mix to snare a top eight finish in 2013.

West Coast's future looked cloudy after it finished last in 2010.

But the Eagles' premiership window opened dramatically a year later when the club surged all the way to the preliminary final.

Although Richmond's rebuild is taking significantly longer, Worsfold said the Tigers possessed a good mix of players who had the potential to carry the club forward.

"I think Richmond are on a pretty good pathway to becoming a really top side," Worsfold said.

"Adding (Troy) Chaplin in their back half has given them a good mix down there.

"Their forward line has got good talls as well as good pace, and they are a very good midfield.

"I still see a lot of upside.

"I don't think they're going to have too many players retire over the next two or three years, so I think they have a squad that will be together for another three or four years, which opens up a big window for them."

Richmond has lost its past five encounters at Patersons Stadium, with a late Hayden Ballantyne goal consigning it to a one-point defeat to Fremantle in round five.

Spearhead Jack Riewoldt booted just one goal in that game. However, he'll be looking forward to coming up against Eric Mackenzie after monstering the Eagles defender when they last played on each other in 2010.

Mackenzie was moved off Riewoldt after conceding four goals within the space of 11 minutes, with Riewoldt going on to kick 10 goals for the match in Richmond's 49-point win.

Riewoldt will be helped out in attack by former Eagles and North Melbourne forward Aaron Edwards, who has been selected to make his Richmond debut.

West Coast welcomes back veterans Andrew Embley and Adam Selwood from injury.

The Eagles have won four straight games to surge back into top-four calculations, with last round's 100-point flogging of Greater Western Sydney giving their percentage an important boost.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-02/richmonds-flag-window-to-open-worsfold

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond's flag window to open: Worsfold (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »
Lol.. The mind games begin
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »
Will go to water. Well played John.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »
bla bla bla

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
He has made some good points, some of us aren't fixated on the actual results without also seeing that there is something of substance being put together at Tigerland.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »
Hopefully this can be a win which can kickstart our season into form.
Playing against a great team, with minimal injuries, away from home, obnoxious crowd, stevic (antirichmondhardonaffiacianado) umpiring and the mind games begin....
I say bring it on redneck hillbillies!!!!! :gotigers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »
I still reckon we have not played a good game this year! Even last year we were firing better!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
I still reckon we have not played a good game this year! Even last year we were firing better!!

Only reason I am still holding out hope for this year still, we have played no where near our best all year, the best has been about two quarters

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
Is Worsfold out of contract at the end of the year?  :whistle

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:52:42 PM »

Agree great one quarter terrible the next patchy the one after indifferent in the last.
That's us.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »
By the way nice slap by Woosha.
Could be a 7-1 first quarter blitz by Woosha's boys.

The way Hardwick is topping up I thought it is open now.