Author Topic: Newman Fined for His Dust Up with Selwood  (Read 1947 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Newman Fined for His Dust Up with Selwood
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
Full MRP report

Chris Newman, Richmond, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling ($1200 sanction) for wrestling Joel Selwood, Geelong, during the third quarter of the round six match between Richmond and the Geelong Cats, played at the MCG on Saturday May 4, 2013.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $900

Joel Selwood, Geelong, has been charged with a second offence for wrestling ($2400 sanction) for wrestling Chris Newman, Richmond, during the third quarter of the round six match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond, played at the MCG on Saturday May 4, 2013.

In summary, he can accept an $1800 sanction with an early plea.

A second offence for wrestling is a $2400 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to an $1800 sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-06/mrp-full-statement-round-six

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »
Newman should have went out with a bang and pummelled the poo

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »
:lol
from that im sure you are aware that saturady was international star wars day?

Oh was it? Lol nope had no idea.

I stuffing love Star Wars  :darth Imagine if the Imperial death march was our entry tune every game  :bow

best trilogy ever made, the original 3. Watched it countless times as a kid and even recently :thumbsup
Pfft...... Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, still makes Star Wars look like it was made by a bunch of Uni students even though it was made 9 years earlier.
The special effects still look good today where most older movies sfx make you laugh or cringe.

Apples and oranges mate. Two completely different things. One is an original story neck deep in political intrigue, the other is based on a hard sci-fi book series. Arthur C Clark is one of the greatest names in sci-fi, from Rama to Odyssey. In no way can either be compared though. Besides, the original three Star Wars flicks still hold up since they used models and not CGI (compare Alien and Aliens to Alien 3) so your comparison is bollocks anyway.

/sci-fi nerd.
Don't agree with you there mate.
I wasn't comparing movies by plot as such but more so the realistic space sequences and special effects pre CGI.
For this reason it's a no brainer which movie holds the test of time in that regard.
I'm still blown away at how Kubrick was able to make it look so good. You surely can't say the same for Star Wars as good as it was in '77 its laughable by today's standards.
2001 is still breathtakingly superb any which way you look at it from the dawn of man where the movie wasn't even nominated for its costume because they thought they were real apes. Now that's hilarious because planet of the apes won that Oscar.  :lol
I still can't believe they aren't real.
As for the space sequences.... You wouldn't even know it was made in '68.
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 10:38:38 PM »
Both were sets. Both hold their own. 2001 didn't even attempt the scale that Star Wars did anyway, hence you can't compare them. I must have missed the Tie fighter v X wing dog fights around star destroyers in 2001. Go check out the re-master of Alien I you want to flog off an old flick. From '79 and the frame by frame re-master has it looking like a brand new film blows alway both the bluray re-releases of Star Wars and 2001.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:37 PM »
Did anyone realise that Joel Selwood, who had nothing to do with the previous passage of play, came running for at least 40 metres with no other intention but to attack Chris Newman, arriving quite a few seconds after the 'spotfire' had broken out.
Why is Newman fined $900 for that? If the club spent $5k defending that $900 fine I would support them 100%

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
Both were sets. Both hold their own. 2001 didn't even attempt the scale that Star Wars did anyway, hence you can't compare them. I must have missed the Tie fighter v X wing dog fights around star destroyers in 2001. Go check out the re-master of Alien I you want to flog off an old flick. From '79 and the frame by frame re-master has it looking like a brand new film blows alway both the bluray re-releases of Star Wars and 2001.
Look I love the Star Wars trilogy (not the new poo)  too but I just reckon that the fact that Kubrick never had to remaster the original it proves it stands the test of time.
2001 was made in '68, 9 years before Star Wars.
I understand that it didn't have the fighting sequences but just for aesthetics 2001 is the better of the two.
I'm just saying that for pure movie special effects pre CGI 2001 would have to be the best ever.
It doesn't need to be tampered with even now. It's that good.

dwaino

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 11:14:18 PM »
Still not sure you felt the need to flex your peen. They're completely different scale films and both still look fantastic. But they're both in space I guess, so well done. Next you'll be saying The Godfather looks better than Apocalypse Now because someone said somewhere that they liked it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »
Still not sure you felt the need to flex your peen. They're completely different scale films and both still look fantastic. But they're both in space I guess, so well done. Next you'll be saying The Godfather looks better than Apocalypse Now because someone said somewhere that they liked it.
Yeh good point.  I don't know why either.
Both are great movies. When I watch Star Wars I feel like a little kid again and when I watch 2001 I'm just blown away by how excellent it is.

Your right, it was stupid to compare those two movies. 

Of the other 2, both movies are excellent.  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Did anyone realise that Joel Selwood, who had nothing to do with the previous passage of play, came running for at least 40 metres with no other intention but to attack Chris Newman, arriving quite a few seconds after the 'spotfire' had broken out.
Why is Newman fined $900 for that? If the club spent $5k defending that $900 fine I would support them 100%
Yeah but he is a geebung darling, what is worse is that Newmo had dumped hunter in retaliation and got caught, so in reality we got quad stuffed by the whole episode, he gets niggled, free and 50 then attacked again and it isn't reversed then fined LOL what a stuffing debacle
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
From AFL Twitter:

@AFL Justin Koschitzke can accept a two-game ban, Jarrad Waite a one-game ban and Joel Selwood ($1800) and Chris Newman ($900) can accept fines.

And BTW reckon Kosi has got very light indeed for his act of cowardice and ditto Waite for his gutless & stupid headbutt

How was Waite barely touching someone with his head 'gutless'? Two blokes standing toe to toe and one nudges the other with his head and that makes him gutless?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »

How was Waite barely touching someone with his head 'gutless'? Two blokes standing toe to toe and one nudges the other with his head and that makes him gutless?

No need for it especially in the first 10 minutes of your first game back.

Don't think it was "nudge" myself but that's a personal view.

Waite has always been a sniper and snipers are usually gutless  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

snipers are usually gutless  ;D

Usually but not this time

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »

Back with a bang  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Good to be back brother ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 01:37:11 PM »

Not this time? a sniper or gutless or both?  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)