Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Bombers?  (Read 2498 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Changes for next week against the Bombers?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
WP, you've been wanting Grigg dropped every week since he started lol. I'd have to finally give in an agree Grigg needs a rest in the 2's. His bombing long without looking and the big up and under helicopter kicks are just ineffective.

Not the helicopter kicks that's tipped me over this season. It is his lack of intensity, the refusal to run hard (does he ever get out of a jog?), his inability (or refusal not sure which) to go in for a hard ball. Time to give someone a go who will do that.... oops we did and his name is Vlaustin and he puts Grigg to shame in the above categories

went in for a crucial hard ball and the demon player tripped over him when he was getting up - free kick against for sliding  ;D

poor towball

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
Chris Newman and Ivan Maric are expected to return to take on Essendon next Saturday night in what looms as a blockbuster clash at the MCG.

Defenders Dylan Grimes (foot) and Ricky Petterd (calf) will be monitored throughout the week and are considered "wait and see" prospects for the clash with the Bombers, who have lost their last two games.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-20/key-pair-set-to-return

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »
the refusal to run hard (does he ever get out of a jog?)

He does when there is a cheap possession involved

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »

So far the collected wisdom of OER posters will see the following changes

Out:
Stephenson, Dea, McGuane, Nahas, Grigg, White, Jackson, Batchelor, Rance

In:
Maric, Newman, Griffiths, Grimes, A.Edwards, Arnot, Petterd

So that's 9 outs and 7 ins.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »
Surely Grimes doesn't get a game because of the dreamtime hammy factor
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
went in for a crucial hard ball and the demon player tripped over him when he was getting up - free kick against for sliding  ;D

poor towball

The one time he did go for the hard ball yesterday, he was pinged for the sliding rule.  :P

key words here "the ONE time"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 09:40:01 PM »

So far the collected wisdom of OER posters will see the following changes

Out:
Stephenson, Dea, McGuane, Nahas, Grigg, White, Jackson, Batchelor, Rance

In:
Maric, Newman, Griffiths, Grimes, A.Edwards, Arnot, Petterd

So that's 9 outs and 7 ins.

:thumbsup

You forgot Claw wants Vickery out

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »
Yep I agree. Nachos and Griggs have to go

the claw

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »
structurally they will go something like this  its what they have gone with for ages. if any club has adopted the geelong mantra of lots of talls and nearly everyone big bodied its essendon.t this stage of the week id be exploring all options that will enable us to compete with and counter  their talls.
some things that have been rattling around in the head are.

b/ fletcher 198/93 - carlisle 200/98 - ##### if we play just two permanent tall forwards a bloke like fletcher is going to have a field day.give em all a like opponent and make em accountable.
hb/ #### -   hooker 197/98 -  #####.

mids  heppell 189/85 - watson  191/95 - stanton 185/84
o/ball bellchambers 202/110 - goddard 189/94 - zarahakis 185/82. hocking 186/88 will tag.hes had a damn good and effective yr tagging maybe somre thought on tagging the tagger keeping him away from our play makers.

hf/ ##### - gumbleton 197/99 - #####
f/  crameri 190/96 - hurley 195/97 - ##### ryder could well make it 4 talls at times because of his mobility and agility.
as much as i want to see rance gone im not sure this is the week to do it. astbury and grimes are a must imo.

int/ ryder 197/94.  will rest here at times with bellchambers they both will go forward at some stage.

me i believe the bigger taller players gives you an advantge. to compete we need to at least match up  well in this area.
the other area we must significantly improve is our kicking and decision making.

for me ins for now  would be
astbury - grimes- newman  -  a edwards. and possibly one more. only tall id be looking to put a bullet up is rance time to think about shopping him around imo and orren depending on which way we decide too match up.

atm possible outs  rance - white - nahas - grigg - with possibly one other.

structure would go
b/  grimes 193/88 - chaplin 195/100 - #####
hb/ ##### - astbury 195/96/ rance ??  - #####
the sml medium backs for me would be morris vlastuin, dea batchelor. . geez we are impatient give dea a decent run at it.

mids deledio 188/88 - cotchin 185/85 - ellis 181/81
rucks maric 200/102 - martin 187/89 - foley 178/79 jackson 189/92 to get a tagging role.

hf/ ##### - vickery 200/97/astbury  - ##### if vickery  play him soley as a kpf and play two ruckmen.
f/ ##### - riewoldt 195/94 -
sml med forwards king - edwards and possibly a edwards or petterd. theres no way in the world we want petterd with ball in hand coming off hb.

just a few things rattling around in the head for now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »
Herald-Sun Barometer - Round 9
May 21, 2013

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK:
With Ivan Maric set to return, Orren Stephenson is headed back to the VFL. After playing one of his best matches at the top level against Port Adelaide a week ago, the Big O was soundly beaten in the ruck yesterday by Demon Mark Jamar. Matt Dea, who was drafted into the squad on Saturday when Chris Newman pulled out with groin soreness, could go straight back out while Matt White is on the fringe after starting in the red vest again. Robin Nahas and Luke McGuane have had little impact up forward in recent weeks although Nahas had three score assists against Melbourne.

ON THE CUSP:
Coach Damien Hardwick says Maric and Newman will both play on Saturday night against Essendon, while Dylan Grimes (foot) and Ricky Petterd (calf) will be tested later in the week. Even if he’s fit, Petterd might struggle to get his spot back with Nick Vlastuin and Brandon Ellis shining in running half-back roles. Richmond’s VFL affiliate Coburg went down to Werribee by 89 points, with draftee Matt McDonough’s three goals a rare highlight. Promoted rookie Sam Lonergan was named in the best players but is a long-shot to make his Tigers debut against his former club.

AL PATON’S FORECAST:
The eighth – and biggest – Dreamtime at the G coming up, with the biggest crowd for these clashes of 83,563 (in 2011) likely to be surpassed. The build-up wasn’t as smooth as expected but the Tigers eventually shrugged off a dogged Melbourne and could have won by a lot more if not for wasteful kicking. Both teams have plenty to play for on Saturday night – win this and the Tigers are likely to be out of the top four only on percentage. With a tough away assignment against the Eagles to follow before the bye, this could be the difference between turning in the black or 5-5.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-barometer-round-9/story-fnelctok-1226647063622

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 08:33:44 AM »
Gee you would have to look at...:

In: Maric (for big O), Arnott (for White), Edwards (for McGuane/Nahas) and Newman (for Dea).
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »

In: Maric (for big O), Arnott (for White), Edwards (for McGuane/Nahas) and Newman (for Dea).

Can't agree with bringing in A Edwards for Nahas, McGuane yes but not Nahas. Like for like mean you'd go A Edwards for Luke if he doesn't come up. Up until Sunday McGuane's been good so he deserve to keep his spot seeing we don't seem to drop blokes if the play a shocker  ;D

White stays because he offered more in just over a qtr than Nahas offered for the entire game. Much better option as a defensive forward these days over Nahas, whose body language says "I want to be anywhere but here"

I'd bring in Arnot because he is a tough nut and as we saw on Saturday the Bombers don't like it tough & rough  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

Can't agree with bringing in A Edwards for Nahas, McGuane yes but not Nahas. Like for like mean you'd go A Edwards for Luke if he doesn't come up. Up until Sunday McGuane's been good so he deserve to keep his spot seeing we don't seem to drop blokes if the play a shocker  ;D

White stays because he offered more in just over a qtr than Nahas offered for the entire game. Much better option as a defensive forward these days over Nahas, whose body language says "I want to be anywhere but here"

I'd bring in Arnot because he is a tough nut and as we saw on Saturday the Bombers don't like it tough & rough  ;D

Good points, particularly your last point and an area we could really focus on, King, Flos, Arnott and Morris could help out here. If Petterd and Grimes can get up then they may go in....When I went to the Dreamtime game last year Ryder really hurt us drifting forward, we need to stop him, so we need a player that can cover him off, Grimes could do that when he drifts down. I would like to see Vickery run with Ryder all night, make Vicks work!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:55 PM »
Ricky Petterd (calf) and Dylan Grimes (foot) will be tested later this week, but Hardwick hinted their respective injury histories would likely play a part in their availability.

"We'll bide our time on those guys and make sure they come back right.''

Reece Conca (foot) is unlikely to return until after Richmond's bye in Round 11, but Hardwick said former Bomber Sam Lonergan and ex-Roo Aaron Edwards were both in consideration.

"They are thereabouts ... so we've certainly got some options, which is great.

"That's what good footy sides do, they have depth. And that's the one thing we've certainly added this year which is fantastic.''

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-ruckman-ivan-maric-to-return-for-dreamtime-clash-against-essendon/story-fndv8t7m-1226647515306

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
RFC web-site saying Petterd wont be back until after the mid season break

And Conca is coming along well

See:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-21/grimes-foot-setback