Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 41673 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
PS most likely  :cheers

:cheers will have a game then

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
Just splurged a bit at the annual EB mid year sale.

Picked up http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/call-of-duty-headsets/ear-force-x-ray/67 for $148. Usually $248. They also have the Sierras (same headset but not wireless) for $98. Most stores are sold out though. Don't even need them but at a price like that you can't go past lol.

Grabbed Gears of War: Judgement (I'll admit.. I haven't played GoW since the first one) and the re-release of the new Mortal Kombat on 360 too. I had the original one on PS3 when you had to import it before the R18+ classification was introduced in Australia, but I lent that to a mate and never got it back. Also a pain that I had to use a US PS account to play it online too. Just a measly $28 will easily get the monies worth  :cheers

They have the Mass Effect trilogy for like $50 on 360 too if you're into that sort of thing. I didn't see if the PS3 version was on sale too, but that's the only way you'll ever get ME1 on PS3. I'm pretty sure the PS3 version ships will all DLC where as on 360 you'll be up for another $20-30 worth of DLC. Probably my favourite current franchise and can't wait to dive into another full ME play through since I downloaded the Citadel ME3 DLC but haven't got around to playing it yet. I have a full trilogy Paragon soldier save where Kelly Yeoman was the only person to die (I told her to help the refugees in ME3 :( ). Next I want to play through as a full Renegade engineer or vanguard.

Noticed EB are taking pre-orders for the XB1. I still don't know what to do in this regard. I'll get both XB1 and PS4 but I don't know which first (probably which ever is released first) and I don't know if I'll get them from EB or JB since release titles and storage specs aren't clarified so I don't know who will have the best packages yet.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 01:21:11 PM »
Good pick up  :thumbsup might drop in on my way to work. Got the Mortal Kombat just the other day hahaha.
Don't think I've actually played Mass Effect, just one of those games I can't get myself to play and have no idea why. Might see what's left and have a little splurge haha.

I'm leaning heavily towards ps4 and it isn't even released yet, so hopefully they don't have a blunder. I'll end up with both as well but one will wait until price is way down.
I'm a JB fan so I'll probably go through them but have to wait and compare.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »
Grabbed myself WWE13. I don't know many of the modern day wrestlers. Decent game

dwaino

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
Grabbed myself WWE13. I don't know many of the modern day wrestlers. Decent game

One of the best party games imo :thumbsup love the cage fights with 3 other blokes while having a few beers.

Been slowly getting through Metro Last Light still. Got to this part and thoroughly shat myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7796PQWZ4

Can't wait to get a Elgato Game Capture HD to upload my own gameplays.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Always enjoyed the WWE games. I still have a crack on I think 2007 every now and again cause there's one challenge I can't do which is beat up that giant guy from The Longest Yard with a female wrestler on Legend difficulty  :banghead

Dropped into EB yesterday and picked up Metro 2033 for $15  :thumbsup. Will give it a shot tonight hopefully. Also picked up L.A Noire because I heard it's good and a game called Hunted. Never heard of it but the case looked interesting and that was good enough for me for $15

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
LA Noire is great for one play through. It's a shame Rockstar screwed over Bondi Games because after playing LA Noire I thought they had a bright future. RIP Aussie game studios. Some top celebrity voice actors too like John Noble  :cheers

Haven't played Hunted. Looked like a poor co-op dungeon crawler but you can't go wrong at that price lol.

Get hooked into Metro. Listen to all the conversations, search every hidden nook and cranny and immerse yourself  :thumbsup protip: don't shoot anything unless you have too, and if you do make every shot count.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »
LA Noire is great for one play through. It's a shame Rockstar screwed over Bondi Games because after playing LA Noire I thought they had a bright future. RIP Aussie game studios. Some top celebrity voice actors too like John Noble  :cheers

Haven't played Hunted. Looked like a poor co-op dungeon crawler but you can't go wrong at that price lol.

Get hooked into Metro. Listen to all the conversations, search every hidden nook and cranny and immerse yourself  :thumbsup protip: don't shoot anything unless you have too, and if you do make every shot count.

Yeah was bit iffy on Hunted but as you say can't go wrong. Especially since I saw co op I can just play through with the brother.
About to put her in now, see you next week  ;)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
EB are taking pre-orders for the ps4 for $899

dwaino

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »
gee whiz. Now the predicament: to wait and see what the packages will be and risk missing out on allocations, or just go in and dump on 10%. I'll probably be the latter lol.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 12:52:23 AM »
E3 just around the corner ;D

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2013, 01:07:45 AM »
Yep and hopefully Sony give a little more info about PS4. But more importantly, The Last of Us (PS3) almost out  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
Yep and hopefully Sony give a little more info about PS4. But more importantly, The Last of Us (PS3) almost out  ;D
Haven't seen much of it but from what I've seen it does look good  :thumbsup

Got around to playing Hunted, not even worth my 15 dollars  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
 :lol what a spew.

The Last of Us should have come out two years ago but Naughty Dog built it from the ground up engine and all. Plenty of pre-release reviews calling it game of the generation, big call but should be good  :thumbsup

I grabbed Witcher 2 and Darksiders 2 for 360 from EB despite already having them on PC  :banghead been itching to dive into Gears of War Judgement but have been hooked on another Witcher 2 playthrough lol. What I don't get is in Australia we get a censored version since it was released before the new R18+ classification, but that censorship is the removal of two average sex scenes, but the game is still riddled with heaps of other absolutely full on sex scenes.  :huh