Author Topic: Week, Gutless Club  (Read 12499 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Week, Gutless Club
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 11:08:58 AM »
WAT, surely Hardwick needs to be gone at the end of the year?

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »
WAT, surely Hardwick needs to be gone at the end of the year?

One more year for mine, then we must get a recognised coach, we must get Roos or pull off a left field coup like the Dockers did with Lyon. Would love Worsfold!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »
Need to work hard on that gap between our worst and our best

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
We are going to get Wayne Campbell as coach and after another five year plan with a finish of 9th and a few years where we bottomed right out we will be back to where we were when .... I guess Robert Walls took over the job. Malakies

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Some of you guys make me laugh when are you going to start making money against our organisation. I ain't a big punter maybe 1k a year across all sports but I have a wry smile each time I go to collect on big games we play.

We have really only beaten the same teams as we did in 2012, with blues the only exception

How have we improved?

Maric has been woeful this year, Grigg is a disgrace and Nahas getting selected was the final straw.

Hardwick has dug himself into a hole and now can't turn back. He went down the recycling route and it will make or break him. I fear his career will be over this year not next. Why I say that is forget 2014 if we can't make finals this yr. Media pressure will be massive and we will no doubt fail.

It's absolute criminal that players arent earning their guernsey. I've been a long time supporter of hardwick but I can no longer see his vision when Grigg, Nahas and Jackson are in our best 22 come match day

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
It's inherent in the walls and on the floors it's everywhere at Punt Rd Oval. It is called mediocrity.
It's called get finals you get respect but we can't even get there so the cycle of half jobs done, half rebuilds, half arsed approaches continues until the coach falls on his sword or his contract expires.
It's been happening for years and we have become like a St Kilda or Bulldogs worse actually St Kilda of early VFL days where winning was seen as an achievement not making finals or GF.
58000 members looks like have bought memberships and donated to FTF fund for a side whose half as good as anybody else and deals in alf measures.
Us the fans give 100% the club has opted for a half rebuild with cheating of cheap pick ups and half skilled efforts of blokes who were rejected originally by their parent clubs.
The coach is adopting these measures to save his job at the least or at the most getting RFC to finals in this day and age even with half measures is akin to coaching any other club to a GF. Looks great on a resume and has industry credence.not many have coached a winning GF side in the modern era even fewer have coached RFC to finals.
We are no different to where we were 15 years ago under the now coach of the umpires. Scary isn't it.
No it's not scary it's RFC Malakies.
That is why we are stuffed.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »
What poos me is the way the AFL will bend over backwards to assist the Melbourne crooks while we have wallowed in the bottom reaches of the ladder for 30 years as the worst performed club in that time. Our continuing membership numbers has been taken for granted year in year out.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
Statistically in terms of coaching it is easier to coach an AFL premiership side than to get RFC to the finals. :help

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 12:22:57 PM »
We wait and wait.
We hear, "Be patient" over & over.
We get told the same poo year after year.

We want toughness but they're too young still.
We want fight but they're too young still.
We want finals but they're too young still.

I've had high expectations on Hardwick.
He's done a good job under the circumstances but we are still waiting.

So what am I waiting for? 
Fight: we fight and fight to win. Never beaten.
Tough: a kill or be killed mentality.
Strength: not easily pushed around we don't take poo from anyone.

Under Hardwick we've been patiently waiting for this as he's done a complete list turn over but this current crop aren't young anymore.
I would've thought by now we'd see some serious fight!

The players have all that's required to be the best they can be but we are still waiting.
Great facilities but we're still waiting.
Great support network but we are still waiting.
Great supporters base but we are still waiting.

I thought Hardwick was going to demand players to play as he played. Hard, tough uncompromising footy. We hear the same lies again & again but with every year we miss finals, with every big game defeat, with every disappointing let down, he is digging his own grave.

I really like Hardwick but give me a coach that gives us results and doesn't talk the same poo over & over. Give me a coach that does exactly what he says he going to do.
Give me a coach that hates mediocrity and demand success.
Give me a coach that doesn't except anything less than the best.

I want that coach. A coach that will take us to the promise land.
I'm starting to seriously doubt that Hardwick can do it.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
It's inherent in the walls and on the floors it's everywhere at Punt Rd Oval. It is called mediocrity.
It's called get finals you get respect but we can't even get there so the cycle of half jobs done, half rebuilds, half arsed approaches continues until the coach falls on his sword or his contract expires.
It's been happening for years and we have become like a St Kilda or Bulldogs worse actually St Kilda of early VFL days where winning was seen as an achievement not making finals or GF.
58000 members looks like have bought memberships and donated to FTF fund for a side whose half as good as anybody else and deals in alf measures.
Us the fans give 100% the club has opted for a half rebuild with cheating of cheap pick ups and half skilled efforts of blokes who were rejected originally by their parent clubs.
The coach is adopting these measures to save his job at the least or at the most getting RFC to finals in this day and age even with half measures is akin to coaching any other club to a GF. Looks great on a resume and has industry credence.not many have coached a winning GF side in the modern era even fewer have coached RFC to finals.
We are no different to where we were 15 years ago under the now coach of the umpires. Scary isn't it.
No it's not scary it's RFC Malakies.
That is why we are stuffed.
Exactly Right Tucker's.  :thumbsup

You can paint over the poo stained walls of mediocrity all you like and feel all warm and fuzzy because it looks nice and smells fresh but eventually the poo smell comes back to haunt you.
Someone has to have the balls to eradicate mediocrity, not with a new coat of paint but to smash the walls of mediocrity down. Take all the rubble and give it a dose of napalm. Then get a high powered vacuum to suck up every speck of dust. Then they need to get some industrial strength NASA approved disinfectant and give it a good old fashioned scrubbing.
Once all that's done and your sure all remnants of mediocrity is gone you can then rebuild properly.
I've been hoping that Hardwick was that guy but with his decisions this year I've lost complete faith in him and his "look, no doubt" rubbish.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »
Have to agree we are weak and gutless but you have to explain why. for me the weakness and the gutlessness comes from never finishing a rebuild never truly doing the job properly. Hardwick is at fault not because he is outcoached or anything he is at fault because he promised no short cuts, he promised a full rebuild and instead we have recycled city. Should have just stuck to taking kids in the draft he would have more time given to him but he has fallen for what every other Richmond coach has fallen for in the past - wanting success to quickly and getting in rejects, second playing favorites like Jackson etc and 3rd not getting rid of players that have been at the club for years and never achieved anything in terms of team success. These things will do to Hardwicks career what they did to every Richmond coach over the last 30 years - it will destroy his coaching career and kill it off in it tracks. Dimmas a good bloke but the mistakes are now starting to tally up.

:bow :bow :clapping :clapping
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
Since 2001 our last finals appearance
9 coaches have taken their teams to a flag out of 43 blokes who have coached. 20.93% success rate.
RFC success rate 0/3 = 0%

Adelaide 9 finals campaigns
Brisbane 5
Carlton   3
Collingwood 9
Essendon  5
Fremantle 4
Geelong    8
Hawthorn  5
Melbourne 4
North Melb  5
Port            5
Richmond  Malakies
St.Kilda     7
Sydney      9
West Coast 8
W Bulldogs 4

It is easier to coach a premiership side according to these facts than to take Richmond to a finals campaign.
The club is stuffed with these half measures.
Anyone seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 1971?
There is a Slugworth character within RFC poisoning the players coaches everyone. As soon as they come to the club the poisoning begins.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »
Hmmmmm

TigerTimeII

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »
ha ha wa tiger...shame shame shame

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »
Since 2001 our last finals appearance
9 coaches have taken their teams to a flag out of 43 blokes who have coached. 20.93% success rate.
RFC success rate 0/3 = 0%

Adelaide 9 finals campaigns
Brisbane 5
Carlton   3
Collingwood 9
Essendon  5
Fremantle 4
Geelong    8
Hawthorn  5
Melbourne 4
North Melb  5
Port            5
Richmond  Malakies
St.Kilda     7
Sydney      9
West Coast 8
W Bulldogs 4

It is easier to coach a premiership side according to these facts than to take Richmond to a finals campaign.
The club is stuffed with these half measures.
Anyone seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 1971?
There is a Slugworth character within RFC poisoning the players coaches everyone. As soon as they come to the club the poisoning begins.

:clapping

Fineceyes with tge glasses, leather coat and gloves  :whistle
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S