Author Topic: Don't Deserve It  (Read 10322 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Don't Deserve It
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 11:55:40 AM »
The Richmond haters in the media are lapping this up.

Damien Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show said this is another Richmond false dawn as, aside from Carlton which we just got over, we haven't beaten anyone other than the bottom sides - St K, Dogs, Port and the Dees.

Lloyd said if we lose this week against the Eagles then we would be better off not making the finals as we can't compete with the top sides.

Rampstar

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
The Richmond haters in the media are lapping this up.

Damien Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show said this is another Richmond false dawn as, aside from Carlton which we just got over, we haven't beaten anyone other than the bottom sides - St K, Dogs, Port and the Dees.

Lloyd said if we lose this week against the Eagles then we would be better off not making the finals as we can't compete with the top sides.

Problem isnt what they said - the problem is what they have said is true. I smelt this failure coming on a while ago when I put up a thread about the rebuild having been a failure.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

No need to wait till next week.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
I'm just going to say we are still 5 and 4, cause no one else has :rollin :rollin :rollin
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
I'm just going to say we are still 5 and 4, cause no one else has :rollin :rollin :rollin

Has anyone said we're 9th?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »

Exactly, were beaten by 3 arguably better teams and lost by a point to a great side where it could've gone either way.
Was hoping we would win last night aqnd possibly lose to west coke and be sitting 6-4.... I would have been content with that. Now last night has thrown a spanner in the works and Monday nights game is Do or Die  :fencing
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »
It's not do or die.
It's die we rock up play our part in Foundation Day celebrations in WA and watch Nic Nat and Cox give them first use of the ball whilst we try a futile game of yeah nah and structures.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
We couldn't even give the Dees a thumping. I'm expecting a similar wasted opportunity against GWS & Gold Coast, that's if we can actually beat them this time.
If we don't beat them this time we will continue to be laughed at as we already are but it will just be a lot more hysterical than it already is.

Cue jazz hands
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
Tigers go watch the Crows Nth game, that's the passion you need!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
We have now lost to the Pies, Cats and Bombers on the "big stage" and in hindsight  should of lost to the Blues, who by the way are travelling better than us. Honestly we would be an embarrassment to the finals and we don't deserve to be there. We need to finish 15th or lower...

WE DON'T DESERVE TO PLAY FINALS!!!!!!!!
If we win enough games we deserve it, period ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
We have now lost to the Pies, Cats and Bombers on the "big stage" and in hindsight  should of lost to the Blues, who by the way are travelling better than us. Honestly we would be an embarrassment to the finals and we don't deserve to be there. We need to finish 15th or lower...

If we win enough games we deserve it, period ::)

Yeah BJ just like Nought deserved it last year.
96 points later. Yeah they were the best of a horrid lot falling into 8th with an easy draw.

the claw

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »
its not about deserving it. its about being good enough and we have never been good enough.

we have gone away from the rebuild that had to continue to chasing our tails with hacks again.

the sooner we go with something like

b/morris - chaplin - grimes
hb/ mcintosh - astbury - dea
c/ ellis - tuck - deledio
hf/ s edwards - riewoldt - a edwards/petterd
f/ martin - griffiths - elton
r maric - cotchin - foley
int/ conca - newman - vlastuin - houli
emg arnot- helbig -
name the poor kicks and poor decision makers in that lot theres few but theres lots of promise height size and good skills.

its time to phase out the battlers who time and time again have shown they are not good enough to take us forward.who fail every single time theres a bit of pressure on to perform.
please no more nahas, mcguane, white, king, jackson, grigg, lonergan lol, make blokes like vickery earn their spot by performing the role we need em to perform at coburg.no more rance and the constant mistakes week in week out he either learns to eliminate em or he can pee off.
look at that lot no wonder we got beat most of em make dumb mistakes every week and most of em cant kick a ball at afl level.
they are not and have never been the answer.

we all want to be competetive and so we understand why we play some of them,  but ffs not all at once. why lonergan in front of arnot or petterd in front of dea. white nahas instead of mcdonough we need to develop our younger players and find out who will take us forward and who wont.
why 4 small poorly skilled forwards in edwards king white and nahas only one in edwards can play in the midfield and for smalls their foot skills are not up to the standard. ffs what ever happened to the mantra of if you cant kick or make a sound decision you dont play for richmond. its been thrown out the window and we are going backwards at a rate of knots because of it.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
7 Matt Dea
2 Dylan Grimes*  / 12 David Astbury / 48 Ben Darrou
11 Jake Batchelor
18 Alex Rance
33 Kamdyn McIntosh

3 Brett Deledio (vc)
9 Trent Cotchin (c)
4 Dustin Martin
10 Shane Edwards
5 Brandon Ellis
30 Reece Conca
31 Nick Vlastuin
32 Brad Helbig
21 Shane Tuck
38 Steven Morris
41 Nathan Foley
44 Matthew Arnot
20 Ivan Maric / 29 Tyrone Vickery

8 Jack Riewoldt
1 Chris Newman (vet)
15 Chris Knights
24 Ben Griffiths
34 Liam McBean
36 Matthew McDonough
43 Todd Elton
45 Brett O'Hanlon

Richmond Tigers Rookie List 2013
40 Cadeyn Williams
49 Steven Verrier
50 Gideon Simon

b/morris - chaplin - grimes
hb/ mcintosh - astbury - dea
c/ ellis - tuck - deledio
hf/ s edwards - riewoldt - a edwards/petterd
f/ martin - griffiths - elton
r maric - cotchin - foley
int/ conca - newman - vlastuin - houli
emg arnot- helbig -

My only worry with this is
 - Chaplin. Does his good out way the bad. Is he a superior long term prospect to Mcintosh, Darrou, Astbury?
 - A Edwards age is a negative. Little/no defensive pressure and does nothing if the ball is not kicked perfect to him.
 - Pettard cant kick.
 - Houli is too soft.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
I smelt this failure coming on a while ago when I put up a thread about the rebuild having been a failure.

You said if we lost to Port, but we didn't. Wow man that nose of yours  :bow, can you tell me what Mum's cooking for dinner tomorrow?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »

How should of we lost to the blues? We kicked a bigger score than them and isn't that the aim of the game? Have I misunderstood this game for all these years?