Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 10, 2013  (Read 16510 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 10, 2013
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »
A quote from The West "Nisbett was disappointed that Richmond wore their home strip which made it tough to tell the teams apart".

Well peanut if WCE didn't change your jumper every year there would not be a problem !

The RFC away strip actually has more yellow accent, so wear your royal blue next time.

FREAKING WEST COKE WINGERS. Chardonnay sipping, game abandoning sooks.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
 :lol
 I heard that on the ABC just after the game.

During the game my misses said she had trouble at times distinguishing between the two.
I told her to look at their shorts, Richmond are in white, and she had no real problems after that.

These arse clowns would have had a brain explosion if they had to watch north v collingwood or rich v essendon in black and white, even more so in the mud.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
A quote from The West "Nisbett was disappointed that Richmond wore their home strip which made it tough to tell the teams apart".

Well peanut if WCE didn't change your jumper every year there would not be a problem !

The RFC away strip actually has more yellow accent, so wear your royal blue next time.

Would be shocked if any club knew what jumper that rabble was going to wear on a weekly basis. Pack of sooks. Did he mention that they didn't get enough free kicks?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:31 PM »

:clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2013, 11:10:40 PM »
Don't be surprised if we get another Monday night game next year given we rated extremely well on Fox Footy with 329,000 viewers. It rated 100k more than the NRL match on at the same time.

@MediaweekAUS twitter - Mon TV #AFL #AFLEaglesTigers 7mate 145k (Per) FoxFooty 329k

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2013, 07:06:38 AM »
Don't be surprised if we get another Monday night game next year given we rated extremely well on Fox Footy with 329,000 viewers. It rated 100k more than the NRL match on at the same time.

@MediaweekAUS twitter - Mon TV #AFL #AFLEaglesTigers 7mate 145k (Per) FoxFooty 329k

yep, word around Subi on Monday night was that the Eagles want this game on the Monday public holiday every year and want the Tigers as the opponent.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »

yep, word around Subi on Monday night was that the Eagles want this game on the Monday public holiday every year and want the Tigers as the opponent.

Great - guaranteed annual trip to Subi  :-\

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »

Was that the word before the bounce or after?  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2013, 08:46:15 AM »

Both  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2013, 09:52:05 AM »

We play ok over at Subi. The payoff for us may be that we may only have to Play Freo 1 time a year at the MCG.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »

We play ok over at Subi. The payoff for us may be that we may only have to Play Freo 1 time a year at the MCG.

Mondays are not great for fans wanting to travel I must say.

Was bloody hard fronting up to work on Tuesday morning (late) after getting into Melb at 5.45am  ;D

:sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

:lol not sure they'd be keen after losing to what they'd have thought were easy beats. Don't mind the 2 Perth games like some clubs complain about. We nearly came away with 2 wins.  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »

Mondays are not great for fans wanting to travel I must say.

Was bloody hard fronting up to work on Tuesday morning (late) after getting into Melb at 5.45am  ;D

:sleep :sleep :sleep

Real fans travel

Edited to correct the quote
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:04:57 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »
Real fans travel

Are you suggesting everyone that didn't travel on Monday are not "real fans" Bents? And would that include your good self  ;D

If you are and seeing I did travel then I must say you are correct  :lol But will say it again it was bloody hard coming to work on Tuesday after the red-eye flight home  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:40:12 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
Andy D loved it ...

THE AFL is considering the introduction of more Monday night games into its fixture following the success of the West Coast-Richmond clash at the start of this week.

The public holiday game attracted nearly 38,000 fans to Patersons Stadium and significantly, a national TV audience of 345,000 on Fox Footy.

It was up against popular free to air TV shows including The Voice, House Rules, Masterchef and Q&A.

"It held its own. There's a lot to like about it," AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said on Melbourne radio station SEN.

"It is quite possible we will trial a few more."

While they won't become part of the weekly fixture, Demetriou said the AFL might consider a Monday night match in each market next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-06/monday-night-is-all-right