Author Topic: Stand On Your Own 2 Feet  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Stand On Your Own 2 Feet
« on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
Time for this joke of a club 2 stand on its own 2 feet.Melbourne that is.
After doing a great job in reducing your debt and years of top draft picks,You still go to the AFL for a handout in $$$$$ terms and Priority Picks.
We have suffered for the best part of 30yrs and finally on the right track no thanks to the AFL.Grow some Balls MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Stand On Your Own 2 Feet
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
This isn't demonland
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
 :birthday

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
Agree

If the AFL bails them out for being a rabble, then the competition can go and F itself. I can understand processes being implemented to assist with survival, but to give money and salary cap concessions to spend more would be a complete disaster.

Even when they were decent they couldnt draw crowds like the big clubs.

Richmond and its loyal supporters have been a laughing stock for decades and didnt receive the help that Melbourne are hopeful of.

I know we all laugh at Nought Melbourne, but to their credit, they remain competitive and have no money members or identity. But what message would this send them? Play like crap for a few years and we will bail you out and hand you a few draft picks and give you a bigger salary cap.

If the AFL helps out in any way it is going to send a very scary message. Does this mean that Nought, the Aints, the dogs and all other rabbles can do the same?

If you go into administration in English soccer you get penalised and deducted points. You dont just get bailed out.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
Melbourne don't really have enough points to deduct like in EPL.  :cheers

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
Melbourne don't really have enough points to deduct like in EPL.  :cheers

:lol

:shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »
Asked AFL for extra draft picks !

AFL commission

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »
They have a lot of gall to ask for picks, pretty demoralizing for their existing list too.  It just says that they think the players can't improve enough and are not talented enough and yet its a pretty young list.  With the admin having that attitude if i was a player and someone else wanted me I'd leave to a team that shows a bit of faith in the players.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
They need to be relegated

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 11:31:59 AM »
AFL to pay for Dees' changes

Jake Niall
    The Age
    June 15, 2013

The AFL has confirmed it will fund Melbourne's major overhaul in the wake of the resignation of club president Don McLardy.

But the AFL said the funding - which is not finalised but is expected to exceed $2 million - would be ''highly conditional'' and the club would have to detail how it would be spent, as part of the recovery plan outlined to the commission by new chief executive Peter Jackson.

Part of Melbourne's plan is expected to involve payouts to some staff as well as the hiring of a head of football operations. A number of staff, including Neeld, are under contract for 2014.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-to-pay-for-dees-changes-20130614-2o9wt.html#ixzz2WFChWHNJ

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »
What bullskata.
Where was our help in 2004? Malakies from a malakia AFL administration.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 08:59:41 PM »
What bullskata.

Actually pleased we didn't need these sort of handouts, would hate to be indebted to the mongrels at headquarters
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
What bullskata.

Actually pleased we didn't need these sort of handouts, would hate to be indebted to the mongrels at headquarters

Yep thought that too WP, but it seems some clubs no matter how bad they are on and off-field they are expect help from the AFL.
Will make our off and on field success more commendable, satisfying and gratifying knowing we did climbed out of the rubble and prospered all on our own thanks to internal plans not plans initiated by a third party. :gotigers
I would love to catch up to them and overtake them in terms of Premierships in the next few years. That would be sweet. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »

Yep thought that too WP, but it seems some clubs no matter how bad they are on and off-field they are expect help from the AFL.
Will make our off and on field success more commendable, satisfying and gratifying knowing we did climbed out of the rubble and prospered all on our own thanks to internal plans not plans initiated by a third party.
I would love to catch up to them and overtake them in terms of Premierships in the next few years. That would be sweet. :thumbsup

And with no requirement to tank either.  Who'd have thought it.  The karma bus is departing, all aboard.   :whistle

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
Should ask for the money to pay them their tanking fine