Author Topic: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013  (Read 10492 times)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
Re: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs - Round 13, 2013
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
We are expected to win next week and eventually play finals but that sort of lollypop, softie, pansy, p00fter footy we will struggle to beat saints or goldcoast and we will lose to north and blues. We'll be on the edge and possibly will not make it.

It seriously riles me when they dish out that sort of poo.
Tough hard footy wins you finals and we haven't even made them yet.  :banghead

Why, Why, stuffn Why???? We won mate!!! The dogs have been playing better of late!!

Positivity please, c'mon on!!!

Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

tony_montana

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »
We are expected to win next week and eventually play finals but that sort of lollypop, softie, pansy, p00fter footy we will struggle to beat saints or goldcoast and we will lose to north and blues. We'll be on the edge and possibly will not make it.

It seriously riles me when they dish out that sort of poo.
Tough hard footy wins you finals and we haven't even made them yet.  :banghead

correct MrT and if we had of won by 20-25 points as a supporter you'd be rueing a lost opportunity, but bottom line is we won by 10 goals and sometimes you will have a down week, we had one tonight and we still smacked them and gave ourselves a percentage booster.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
We played soft footy and come out of it badly injury wise  :-\
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:07 PM »
Plenty of ammo for Hardwick I think is a positive after coming off a 10 goal win. Good spread of goalkickers is a positive and Cotch not dominating is also a positive for a midfield perspective given we now have more depth to carry the load. Can only see positives after a game like this.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
What we've learnt during the coarse of the year is that sort of poo doesn't cut it when you play the top teams.
We play tough and we pushed freo and beat west coke in Perth.

I don't mean to be upset as such but I wasn't the only one. Hardwick apparently spat the dummy too.

We can't get sucked in to that style of play. It's soft, its big headed and it won't win finals we won't beat the top four teams either. If we allow it, it will become our downfall because that'll be the norm rather than the exception.
We need to be hard and tough no excuses. 
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2013, 10:45:29 PM »
Win off the backs of our 2nd tier. The upside is when the top tier stands up. The reason we lost these sorts of games in the past is because we had no reliable 2nd tiers to fall back on. So I'm pretty happy that we can walk away with a 10goal win after not playing our best. Top teams will shut out our top players so these are the guys that will be called upon. Massive improvement.  :thumbsup

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2013, 10:47:01 PM »
Win off the backs of our 2nd tier. The upside is when the top tier stands up. The reason we lost these sorts of games in the past is because we had no reliable 2nd tiers to fall back on. So I'm pretty happy that we can walk away with a 10goal win after not playing our best. Top teams will shut out our top players so these are the guys that will be called upon. Massive improvement.  :thumbsup

:clapping Well said - Dwaino
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »
Loved we won 4 quarters but for me tackling intensity seemed non existent.
Whilst we had 72 against Adelaide last week we only had 26 to 3/4 time this week.
It's okay to turn up the intensity based on the opponent but last week should be the norm and that should be the figure week in week out even though tonight was an outside game mainly.

Starting to look good though and are getting better and better.
Our destiny is in our hands and that is what I like.
Second tier players starting to step up more and more and influence games.
Conca for me was fantastic tonight bar a few of his kicks. :thumbsup

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2013, 03:21:37 AM »
What we've learnt during the coarse of the year is that sort of poo doesn't cut it when you play the top teams.
We play tough and we pushed freo and beat west coke in Perth.

I don't mean to be upset as such but I wasn't the only one. Hardwick apparently spat the dummy too.

We can't get sucked in to that style of play. It's soft, its big headed and it won't win finals we won't beat the top four teams either. If we allow it, it will become our downfall because that'll be the norm rather than the exception.
We need to be hard and tough no excuses.

WTF ? WE KICKED THEIR AR$ES !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

TigerTimeII

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2013, 06:03:47 AM »
Tackling stats ar are overrated.. Not every team plays the same and not every game will have high tackling. ESP when many of our tackles are not rewarded.
If we kicked straight we would have won by 15 goals but we still pumped them by 10
It was a good win
ESP when Foley the stuff up toss kept giving the ball back to them

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »
Positives even spread of goal kickers and our second tier players got us over the line. Houli very good. Kicking for goal not great. Good to have a ten goal win but believe if we brought same intensity to this game as previous two would have demolished them. Umpiring very average. Positive got plenty of room for improvement.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »
'young up and coming dogs lose to older set richmond team'   :huh

Average Attributes
Western Bulldogs   Attribute   Richmond   
186.6cm   Height   187.3cm
86.5kg   Weight   88.3kg
24yr 5mth   Age   24yr 11mth
74.1   Games   86.1

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
Loved we won 4 quarters but for me tackling intensity seemed non existent.
Whilst we had 72 against Adelaide last week we only had 26 to 3/4 time this week.
It's okay to turn up the intensity based on the opponent but last week should be the norm and that should be the figure week in week out even though tonight was an outside game mainly.

Starting to look good though and are getting better and better.
Our destiny is in our hands and that is what I like.
Second tier players starting to step up more and more and influence games.
Conca for me was fantastic tonight bar a few of his kicks. :thumbsup

We have won 5 of our last 6 games.
And won 10 of our 12 qtrs of football with wins that have averaged 8 goals.  :thumbsup

We are not perfect.
We are also a side that's probably only good enough to finish 6-8th.
Based on that, was very happy with the results despite aspects of the game being a little frustrating.

I'm not going to get hung up on not being perfect, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Focus on the positives lads, they have been few and far between for a long time - getting better before your eyes is bloody enjoyable - even if we have a long way still to go.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

dwaino

« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
Average winning score against the bumdogs is 65.6 points  :cheers