Author Topic: Mark Williams has a ‘fire in his belly' to take on Melbourne coaching job (Adel)  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Should be knighted

tony_montana

hmmm.. I distinctly recall a particular poster trolling me, sorry telling me to stop being enamoured with chocos premiership, that he was a dud and to move on, we don't need him.  :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I have changed my mind he deserves total credit for our form this year, need to sack Dimma and install Choco as the grand pooba

tony_montana

haha fair enough we all have the right to change our mind.  I have on assberry  :shh

:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matty Knights could pip Chocco, Eade and co. for the Melbourne gig ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew Knights has refused to rule out making a return to senior coaching at AFL level.

He joins a handful of names being touted as possible replacements for sacked Melbourne coach Mark Neeld, but Knights is keeping his cards close to his chest.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-22/knights-leaves-door-ajar

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotchin backs Williams to coach Demons (AAP/SNF)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
Cotchin backs Williams to coach Demons
By AAP .
23 June 2013 08:04PM EST

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin has backed Mark Williams as Melbourne's next full-time senior AFL coach, saying he would work well with their young players.

Tigers assistant coach Williams and Collingwood coaching director Rodney Eade are among the frontrunners to take over at the Demons next season, with the club also keen to change Paul Roos' mind.

Roos has said he is not interested in a return to coaching, but the Demons have contacted the Sydney premiership coach.

Since the Demons sacked Mark Neeld last Monday and Neil Craig took over as caretaker coach, Williams has kept his own counsel.

Williams joined Richmond this season as an assistant.

"You only have to look at his energy and vibrancy on the bench - he's always involved," Cotchin told Channel Seven's Game Day.

"He almost has a form of ADD (attention deficit disorder), the way he deals with a lot of our players."

Williams coached Port Adelaide to their only premiership in 2004 and also the 2007 grand final.

His 12 years in charge at the Power ended badly in 2010, when Matthew Primus replaced him during the season.

Williams worked with Kevin Sheedy at Greater Western Sydney before joining the Tigers.

"He's so good with the young players, which is probably suited to a Melbourne," Cotchin said.

"From all reports, he was fantastic with the young guys at GWS as well.

"He's a really good person and he gets the best out of them.

"He drives you up the wall at times, but he would absolutely get the best out of a young group."

Craig said after Saturday's loss to St Kilda that he remained unsure about whether he wanted to apply for the Demons job beyond this season.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/06/23/cotchin-backs-williams-to-coach-demons/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
THERE has been an unexplained betting plunge on Paul Roos to take the vacant Melbourne coaching position.

The Sydney Swans premiership mentor was backed in from $7 on Friday to as short as $1.80 on Monday morning.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-01/betting-plunge-on-coach-roos

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Mark Stevens on Ch7 said that the Dees main target reamins Paul Roos and they have gone "cold" on Markk Williams

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
FFS Roosy just do the job and get off that couch you lazy prick.  >:(

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
If Chocco has a fire in that belly, we might need to fly in the Canadian Water bombers to douse it if he doesn't get the job  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Pitty the fool who has to sit next to Chocco on the bus with that fire belly.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hope he stays with us.

gerkin greg

I hope Alfred E. Ratten gets the job

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I hope Roosey doesn't get off the couch, they would become a good team and that would suck dogs balls.

Hellenic Tiger

I hope they sign Matthew Primus. :lol :rollin :lol