Author Topic: time to put a red line through some names  (Read 6438 times)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: time to put a red line through some names
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »

the claw

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
i know you blokes dont agree but he is a very ordinary player indeed.some areas of his game are appalling and there is just no way he will improve them.
 getting a player like frawley in f/a would easily  off set the loss of rance. billy longer and a second rnd pick would see us a mile in front on that one.

if i could conjure up a decent deal for vickery id do it in a heart beat but ya know what i doubt wed get anything for him.
So you think Rance is a very ordinary player.... Indeed,    but you think the Brisbane Lions would give away a player they picked up with pick 8 in the 2011 National draft AND a second round pick for him?? For you to write that it shows me you must rate Rance more than than you let on. Get over it man, you are just making yourself look stupid!!
what you cant take the leap and grasp that a player can be ordinary and still have percieved value.

if i ranked every regular kpd in the comp all 36 of them rance would be in the bottom 10 percent.
oh by the way richard tambling was extremely ordinary but had percieved value. how about jordie mcmahon. at the end of the day it all comes down to how you rate em and me i think rance a poor player.im sure there is some fool club out there prepared to part with plenty for rance especially clubs in need of kpds. hence i mentioned bl and wce.

i mentioned two young ruckmen neither have become regular players hence rance is in front of them both are struggling to get a game because they have other very good  players well in front of them.

rank rance highly at your peril  but hes a 6 yr player heading towards what 90 100 games and the same problems exist now as they did when we drafted him. ive been thru on numerous occasions the many things he regularly gets wrong surely i dont need to do them again.

i know we can do better than him the fact is we must do better than him.
unfortunately we havent really drafted a young kpd with a decent pick since we drafted rance. for some reason they seem to think their development with the big blokes is so good they can convert forwards to defenders all i can say to that is it aint worked. hence alex to tiger supporters is important because there is no competition for his spot.

gerkin greg

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »
Yep do it elsewhere thanks :sleep

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:33 PM »
Rance is a good player. Not perfect but a brave, tough, honest and durable/healthy player. I'd never trade him off before flicking guys like Nahas and McGuane.

Sure Grimes probably has more talent but he's not as physically mature and appears to be very injury-prone. We're paying top $ for Chaplin and it seems to be worth it. If Grimes comes through physically then maybe Rance will end up being a 2nd or 3rd KPD. Not a bad prospect for depth IMO.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »
Rance is a good player. Not perfect but a brave, tough, honest and durable/healthy player. I'd never trade him off before flicking guys like Nahas and McGuane.

Sure Grimes probably has more talent but he's not as physically mature and appears to be very injury-prone. We're paying top $ for Chaplin and it seems to be worth it. If Grimes comes through physically then maybe Rance will end up being a 2nd or 3rd KPD. Not a bad prospect for depth IMO.

:thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
West Coast

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2013, 02:23:57 AM »
Essendrug

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2013, 03:01:16 AM »
Jackson is a FA.  Can't "trade".

I'd trade Nahas.

Yes, you can. Learn more

I worded my thoughts incorrectly.  Nobody would trade for Jackson, if they could get him for free (draft pick / player trade-wise).