Author Topic: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)  (Read 4028 times)

dwaino

Re: Sign up for 2014 membership and save (RFC)
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
I still don't see the problem  :lol reserved seating (especially premium seating) is a luxury expense. So is this like saying I have to settle with a BMW 328i because I can no longer afford a 335i? That's terrible  :-[

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
So then why have a whinge? I still don't get your point. Like you said, concession didn't go up 50%. Nobody is actually missing out here. In fact, the club is gaining. Gee whiz someone call Amnesty International as some people may not be able to afford their premium seats on level 2 anymore and may have to downgrade. #firstworldproblems.

My point is this:

The club is giving away FREE access to home games to newbies who sign up for 2014. That's a saving of for an adult of what $60 odd for the remainder of this season?? Great for these people, great incentive to sign - that's not in dispute

The seats on level 2 went up by over 50% - around $80-90.

There are people (pensioners) who have had seats there since the Southern stand was built. Just signed up and kept them year after year. Club got members without having to do anything.

Due to increase and not being able to afford the increase they had to move - they got no option

The club didn't try and help these folks, didn't offer them special consideration just said we're moving you to somewhere else, to cheaper seats. So sad too bad. So these people are "missing out" as you put it because they had to give up something after years of paying.

So my whinge as you put is this:

The Club is clearly going out of it's way to attract new members to sign up which is OK. But what about those who have been loyal? Are we saying one group of member is more important than another? Just seems to me that at times the Club's focus is only on the new rather than the old
I agree WP.  As a gold member 0f 14 years next year I will not be getting any advantages in being loyal except for a cocktail party I can never attend due to my work commitments!
They must give back a little more to the members who have stuck through the poo times and now have sunny days ahead. Rewards for long time members are definitely on the non priority list. How about giving long time members discounts too!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
Hey RFCO, how many on the waiting list for Maurice Rioli Social Club membership for next year?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 05:26:37 PM »
get used to it fellas. as we get more and more members, those aspects that are capped, such as reserve seating and social club membership will go up in price.

Simple supply and demand. we live in a capitalist society and sport at the highest level has embraced this ideal like a priest with an alter boy.

If you cant live with it, join a club like north that will never have this problem.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
The Club is clearly going out of it's way to attract new members to sign up which is OK. But what about those who have been loyal? Are we saying one group of member is more important than another? Just seems to me that at times the Club's focus is only on the new rather than the old 

Yep, unfortunately for us loyal members the new members are probably more important at this point in time. We need them to meet our targets.

I don't for one minute think the club doesn't appreciate the contribution we make as members but to compete with the Collingwoods of this world we need to grow our membership base. We need to do it from a position of little success over 30 years which presents it's own unique challenges and needs some creative thinking.

I have no doubt the administration of our club intends on making our club the biggest in the AFL. We've been there before we can get there again. If that costs a few free game to attract members then I'm all for it.

I'm proud of our members. I'm proud of the fact that we are third on the membership ladder, probably second if you take away Hawthorn's Tassie anomaly. I'm proud that our members are there when really there is every reason for them to abandon the club. And I'm proud since I have no doubt that not even the mighty Pies would have coped as well with the 30 years we have endured.

Get on board.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »

I'm proud of our members. I'm proud of the fact that we are third on the membership ladder, probably second if you take away Hawthorn's Tassie anomaly. I'm proud that our members are there when really there is every reason for them to abandon the club. And I'm proud since I have no doubt that not even the mighty Pies would have coped as well with the 30 years we have endured.

Get on board.

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping   POTY   :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »

Get on board.

X2 :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :gotigers :cheers

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »
Hey RFCO, how many on the waiting list for Maurice Rioli Social Club membership for next year?

We havent started a waiting list yet.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »

Get on board.

POTC

Rampstar

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Hey RFCO I just wanna know, when you eventually move on to a new job with more money will you support the Tigers or will you go back to supporting the other mob you supposedly supported? I just wanna know if youre one of us or if your an imposter  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
Hey RFCO I just wanna know, when you eventually move on to a new job with more money will you support the Tigers or will you go back to supporting the other mob you supposedly supported? I just wanna know if youre one of us or if your an imposter  ;D

He barracked for the drug addicts I think
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »

Get on board.

Think we are all proud of our MEMBERS, not disputing that for a second.

Have no issue with our MEMBERS who have shown incredible layalty and patience over the last 30 years, no beef with them at all.

That's all, I'm done   ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
LOL at this thread. IDGAF what is going on as long as we keep winning. But I still need to attend Club80 so I can meet up with my fat friends and also have a fun learning session. I can't tell any of you what we learn though. Sworn to secrecy :shh

Pretty disappointed in this post. C80 have made a massive financial contribution to this club and should be held in high esteem for it.

On the membership front I'm with WP.

This straight out of the Foxtel playbook and I believe it peees off more current members than gains new ones.

I'd prefer to see the RFC take a Field of Dreams approach rather than bribe K-Mart merchandise buying, football record needed to recognise players, bandwagon jumping tightarses to get on board.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »

We havent started a waiting list yet.

Cheers.

So if you want a Social Club membership as part of this new initiative for this year is that possible?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »
If pensioners didnt spend there money on the pokies then they'd have the extra cash to pay for membership increases.
Or maybe the club can give them a $20 pokies voucher at the Wantirna club & everyone's happy.  ;D
The club that keeps giving.