Author Topic: VFL: Richmond vs Williamstown -- Sat. April 19 (nb. game moved to Williamstown)  (Read 6394 times)

the claw

all i read are excuses excuses and more excuses and all i hear is the blame game.
lets blame the vfl listed players   other teams dont have similar vfl players ffs.  just maybe the real problem lies with the afl listed players.

and what development again. we dont have a hell of a lot of juniors to  develop at vfl level and those we do have should have all of the basics. there are so many mature players around our juniors they should be thriving but they arent ask yourselves why is that. all i hear is because our vfl listed players are worse than other teams players well someone should get in the footy dept ear and give em a blast about how freakin shizen their recruiting is again. but that is an excuse imo our afl listed players are just as much to blame.

i can tell you all when you do a reserves side with afl listed players looking at the future not the now   the lack of structure and depth in key areas as well as quality is mind boggling.

what a furphy about culture. there is only one culture worth having and that is a winning culture all the rest of the hoopla isnt worth two bob. the greatest and easiest way to DEVELOP PLAYERS is WIN GAMES OF FOOTBALL. or at the least be super competetive.

to finish im still scratching my head at the age of the mature vfl listed players we took. thetype  9 0r 10 sml players is such a nonsense and just 3 talls and that is at a club that lacks in tall numbers.
the other glaring weakness is the almost total lack of big bodied pure mids.

heres a list of those players who imo should be playing twos. obviously those not named are the ones i think we should be looking hard at and getting games into. i do this in an attempt to stay competetive at srnior level  but knowing we will go backwards in the short term in doing so. for me that is just where the list is at.its where its always been at despite finals last yr.

reserves side or what should become the reserves side without delistings. make no mistake id be happy to cut the majority of the following players.

b/ houli  - darrou - dea/batchelor.   grim pickings indeed.
hb/ helbig - mcbean - grimes. unless we draft a few tall defenders mature and junior we are in desperate need of kpds. hence mcbean at chb.  this kid can play back and play well.

c/ williams - thomas - grigg
r/ stephenson - arnot - s edwards. cmon people where are the mids and onballers. look at the freakin quality it aint good enough. where is the ruckman to replace big o.

hf/ banfield - elton - petterd. outside of elton where are the true kpfs and tall 190/194cm  forwards
f/ ohanlon - vickery - mcdonough,

int/ a edwards,  newman, king  these blokes should retire, there is no need to be playing them at senior level. azza edwards could help us win games at senior level atm imo but i dont think we will make finals so im happy to play the likes of lennon gordon knights in his place.

just to balance it out this should be the way we go by playing the following mainly in the ones.or at every opportunity.

b/ morris - chaplin - dea/helbig/grimes. there is no option but play chaplin if there was a viable alternative you would do it.dea and helbig have done nothing and grimes is soft.
hb/ lennon - rance - mcintosh. need to get games into lennon ans mcintosh.

c/ ellis - vlastuin - deledio. if ellis cannot grow some balls hes on thin ice as well.
r/ maric - cotchin - miles. gotta give miles a chance hes one of few who has actually earnt it.

hf/ martin -  griffiths/elton - knights. named the two big boys when griffiths is out of form give elton a shot at it just get some senior footy into him.
f/ hampson - riewoldt - lloyd. well the hapson as a forward option did not work at carlton in sceptical it will work for us but we have to try it.

int/ jackson - conca - gordon - foley/ mcdonogh. foley could be shot im not sure about mcdonough and as good as jacko has been can we at least be looking for a more skilled similar type.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity why did you put McBean in the back line?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Cause Chaplin moves like a boat

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Cause Chaplin moves like a boat
More like an ocean liner!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

Out of curiosity why did you put McBean in the back line?
if you saw beaners last season of u18s you would not have to ask that. he showed plenty as a tall defender.
ive always felt we should develop him as a kpd. also the dearth of kpds on the list and in the twos means it would make good sense as far as  list structure goes.

ive regularly complained about the club playing our talls out of position imo mcbean is one we should play in defense yet he gets an easy ride playing as a third tall come flanker.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Should be

1 Alex rance
2 Astbury
3 McBean

4 grimes

5 daylight.  Chaplin