Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn - Round 19, 2013  (Read 12269 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: r19
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Rain forecast

Raining Hawks goals.

Agree they will kick 25 goals

if we take two tall defenders against their 4 tall forwards it wont be pretty, for sure.

Genuine question as I haven't seen any Hawks games this year, who are the 4 talls?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn - Round 19, 2013
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »
250th milestone game for one of their players I just heard on ch10 news.

Im expecting the same as last week, and whilst I was disappointed it was expected. And that is the reality of where we are just need to be more competitive and composed against the good teams and beat the ones we should.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »
Rain forecast

Raining Hawks goals.

if we take two tall defenders against their 4 tall forwards it wont be pretty, for sure.

Genuine question as I haven't seen any Hawks games this year, who are the 4 talls?
last week they had ruffhead, franklin, hale and gunston all named up forward.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »
MCG website saying they are expecting a crowd of 55,000.

So why is it so bloody hard to get decent reserved seats  >:(

Budgies, dogs, fish, cats and hamsters require their own segregated bays even though they ay be 5% full. Furthermore the pets need to be accompanied by an adult to enter the stadium. ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
Do you know who was Rucking? Need to bring in a tall and Batch.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

Astbury must come in. No offs or butts.
King needs to come in too if he is fit.

tony_montana

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »

Bailey. If they need more run, Bailey usually gets subbed then Hale and Roughead go tandem in the ruck

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »

Bailey. If they need more run, Bailey usually gets subbed then Hale and Roughead go tandem in the ruck

Thanks  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Preview: Hawks v Tigers

By Mark Macgugan
afl.com.au
Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SUMMARY
Expect a huge crowd for this Saturday afternoon showdown, the Hawks' first home game at the MCG since round nine and defender Brent Guerra's 250th AFL appearance. Alastair Clarkson's top-of-the-table team flexed its muscle with a superb performance against Essendon last Friday night, while the Tigers fell short against the Sydney Swans. Desperate for a big scalp, Damien Hardwick's men will be out to repeat their upset thrashing of the Hawks in round nine last season. Having two days fewer to prepare – six days compared to Hawthorn's eight – won't help their cause.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Saturday August 3, 2.10pm

TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide and odds

LAST FIVE TIMES
R9, 2012, Richmond 21.11 (137) d Hawthorn 10.15 (75) at the MCG
R3, 2011, Hawthorn 17.13 (115) d Richmond 6.16 (52) at the MCG
R8, 2010, Hawthorn 13.11 (89) d Richmond 13.8 (86) at the MCG
R21, 2009, Hawthorn 20.15 (135) d Richmond 14.9 (93) at the MCG
R20, 2008, Richmond 16.9 (105) d Hawthorn 10.16 (76) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS
1. Richmond turned in one of the best performances of its recent history the last time these teams met, thrashing the Hawks by 62 points in a mighty upset. Spearhead Jack Riewoldt kicked six for the Tigers, while midfield gun Trent Cotchin was everywhere with 31 disposals, earning three Brownlow Medal votes for his efforts. 

2. The last seven games between these two teams have all been played at the MCG, with the Hawks winning five. Both of Hawthorn's losses this season have been at the MCG (both to Geelong), while the Tigers are 6-3 at the venue in 2013.

3. After Lance Franklin's eight goals against Essendon last week and Jarryd Roughead's four, the pair have now booted a combined 100 goals for the season. They are the top two ranked forwards in the Official AFL Player Ratings, with Franklin at No.1 and Roughead at No.2. But it is Roughead, on 54 goals, who leads the Coleman Medal race. Richmond's Riewoldt is third on the goalkicking table with 50 goals to his name.

4. Hawthorn averages 57.1 inside 50s (ranked No.2) and 15.1 marks inside 50 (ranked No.1) per game this year. It is no surprise then, that they are the highest scoring team in the competition. Richmond is slightly behind, averaging 52.2 inside 50s (ninth) and 12.4 marks inside 50 (eighth).

5. Sam Mitchell averages just 23 disposals when he plays the Tigers, his second lowest average against any team. The ball magnet's ability to find space and damage the opposition by foot is crucial for the Hawks. He did just that against Essendon last week, gathering 22 uncontested possessions and only six contested.

6. Having been a little bit patchy at times this season, Richmond captain Cotchin has found form in the past month. He has averaged 29.5 disposals over his last four games, up from 21.5 in the four games before that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-30/preview-hawks-v-tigers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
Hodge out for tripping
Hodge only got a reprimand.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane

Can we challenge on compassionate grounds?

55K predicted?  WTF  - should be 70k for two teams on their way to finals.

It's their home game and their members are in Tasmania. Also, they've lost only to 1 team this year. Will scare away a lot of our fans who will not want to pay to see a loss
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »
Rain forecast

Raining Hawks goals.

Hale, Gunston, Roughhead and Franklin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
Hodge out for tripping
Hodge only got a reprimand.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane

Can we challenge on compassionate grounds?

55K predicted?  WTF  - should be 70k for two teams on their way to finals.

It's their home game and their members are in Tasmania. Also, they've lost only to 1 team this year. Will scare away a lot of our fans who will not want to pay to see a loss

Too true johnnycake  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
Have watched a few of their games this year. Hawthorn use the ball very well. Their midfield is incredible as is their forward line. Their backline is stronger with lake but is still not as strong as other sides. Need to watch in particular Hodge, Mitchell and Rioli. The Hawks don't seem to tag opponents and don't have a renowned tagger. Need to win the clearances and starve their forward line if to have any chance of success.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
the old chestnut is back

Guerra's 250th

great
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »
On Richmond website says" Young Richmond midfielder Matt Arnot will miss the remainder of the 2013 season with a back injury.

The 19-year-old had worked hard to establish himself in the senior team, playing four of the last five games in the seniors, before bad luck intervened.

“Unfortunately scans have shown he has a stress fracture in his back, which was a bit of a surprise to us,” said Richmond’s Elite Performance Manager, Peter Burge.

“It’s really disappointing for Matt, and for Richmond.  But we’ll get him back for the pre-season, and get him going from there.”

Richmond finished Sunday’s game against Sydney with minimal rotations, after Ricky Petterd and Ty Vickery suffered game-ending injuries.

Petterd is expected to miss at least one match with a groin strain, while Vickery will need to pass a concussion test later this week to prove his fitness for this Saturday’s game against Hawthorn.

Jake King, who missed last week’s match with hamstring soreness, will also undergo a fitness test during the week.

Matt Dea (shoulder), Ben Griffiths (concussion) and Brett O’Hanlon (concussion) all failed to see out Coburg’s VFL match against the Northern Blues on Sunday.

The trio will be assessed throughout the week before a decision is made on their fitness"

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-07-29/arnots-season-over

Crap news. Shame about Biscuit

Edited to add link. Reminder we have been asked by the club not to post entire RFC only articles in full here rather a few lines and the link only. This to help club maximise their revenues from the Telstra website deal by getting more hits
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:19:01 PM by WilliamPowell »