Author Topic: Mid-year favourites, non favs and predictions  (Read 1185 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Mid-year favourites, non favs and predictions
« on: June 09, 2005, 04:30:13 AM »
Just following on from Today's Age, what's been your favourite and non-favourite moments so far this year and what are your predictions for the remainder of the season?

Favs and non-favs

Best game:  Port Adelaide. First win over the Power since 98. Looked like we were in for a flogging at quarter time but we turned it on with 13 goals straight to win easily. Although there were only 20,000 at the game but the roar of Tiger crowd was just amazing as it grew louder and louder with each goal we scored.

Worst game (excluding injuries): Geelong. First game of the year and we didn't give a yelp after the first 20 minutes. We also gave Ottens after he had done stuff all his first goal in blue and white hoops through a stupid turnover. He then kicked another 2 to rub it in.

Highlight moment:   Richo's specky from the Port game.

Lowlight moment (excluding injuries):    Losing by just 2 points on Saturday

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but.... Trent Knobel. He'll never be a superstar but we finally have a ruckman who taps it to guys wearing Richmond guernseys lol. Hyde would be close as I didn't think much of him until seeing him run riot at the first intra-club match.

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  Sarge. First the DD incident then him coping an ankle injury has only seen him appear twice in the seniors this year and that was mostly spent on the bench.

Predictions

Where will we finish? 6th

Number of wins?  13

B&F?  Cogs

Most improved (apart from Tuck)? Andy Kellaway. He's having his best year ever (even better than in 2000 IMHO).

Grand Finalists? Melbourne vs West Coast

Premiers? Melbourne

Brownlow? Cousins
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 04:41:05 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

Re: Mid-year favourites, non favs and predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 05:29:36 AM »
Best game: Carlton - As much as beating last year's premiers Port and runners up, Brisbane, beating the enemy in the fashion we did and making them leave the ground gobsmacked and wondering what hit them was the best feel good game of the year for me.

Worst game (excluding injuries): West Coast - if only we didn't have that bad start, we would be 2nd and not back with the rest of the pack fighting for the 8.

Highlight moment:   That tackle by Andy was the best I've ever seen by anyone.

Lowlight moment (excluding injuries):   Haven't been many lows for me this year, except that we haven't been competitive against the Geelongs and Melbournes

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but.... Pettifer has improved this year.  He looks settled down forward and is getting the faith from the coach.  Not sitting on the pine for the majority of a match must be doing his confidence wonders.

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  despite how a few are admirring of Simmo, i expected a better return from him, seeing as we'd signed him on for 5 years.  For such a big mobile lump of a lad, I expected him to dominate a bit more around the ground, and to have kicked more goals than he has.  I don't have much faith in his kicking on goal.

Predictions

Where will we finish? 3rd

Number of wins?  14

B&F?  Tuck

Most improved (apart from Tuck)? Darren Gasper - he's stuck it up the supporters  :thumbsup

Grand Finalists? West Coast v Richmond

Premiers? Tiges  :cheers

Brownlow? Johnathan Brown
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 05:32:58 AM by Moi »

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 07:51:56 AM »
[Best game:  Brisbane. Being there was awesome.

Worst game (excluding injuries): Geelong. Thoughts - same as MT.

Highlight moment:   Richo's specky from the Port game and Brown's 5 goals against the Pies
Lowlight moment (excluding injuries):    Losing by just 2 points on Saturday - ditto.

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but.... Ray Hall. A couple of times this season he's looked like he was going to be completely towelled up... and he's managed to come out on top.

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  Gilmour. Needs to put some consistent performances together...injury hasn't helped.
Predictions

Where will we finish? 6th

Number of wins?  13 (fingers crossed)

B&F?  Richo - because I really want him to win one before he retires.

Most improved (apart from Tuck)? Pettifer, I think he's doing all the Terry is asking of him.

Grand Finalists? Melbourne vs West Coast

Premiers? Melbourne

Brownlow? Cousins

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:18 AM »
Best game: Carlton - As much as beating last year's premiers Port and runners up, Brisbane, beating the enemy in the fashion we did and making them leave the ground gobsmacked and wondering what hit them was the best feel good game of the year for me.

Worst game (excluding injuries): West Coast - if only we didn't have that bad start, we would be 2nd and not back with the rest of the pack fighting for the 8.

Highlight moment:   That tackle by Andy was the best I've ever seen by anyone.

Lowlight moment (excluding injuries):   Haven't been many lows for me this year, except that we haven't been competitive against the Geelongs and Melbournes

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but.... Pettifer has improved this year.  He looks settled down forward and is getting the faith from the coach.  Not sitting on the pine for the majority of a match must be doing his confidence wonders.

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  despite how a few are admirring of Simmo, i expected a better return from him, seeing as we'd signed him on for 5 years.  For such a big mobile lump of a lad, I expected him to dominate a bit more around the ground, and to have kicked more goals than he has.  I don't have much faith in his kicking on goal.

Predictions

Where will we finish? 3rd

Number of wins?  14

B&F?  Tuck

Most improved (apart from Tuck)? Darren Gasper - he's stuck it up the supporters  :thumbsup

Grand Finalists? West Coast v Richmond

Premiers? Tiges  :cheers

Brownlow? Johnathan Brown

I read the first post write out my list scroll down and there it is - Well just about  :thumbsup

Best game: - As you said Carlton as much as I really enjoyed Port and went pretty feral watching the Brisbane game too.
Worst - Gee I thought I was going to be original in saying West Coast - Why, simple we should have won the game - a combination of poor start and then that little pee ant hendrie cost us big time. was an 8 point game and could of set us up for a top 4 spot maybe - I was really shattered after this game.
Highlight - In general the season so far - Enjoying my footy again - I can finally walk out of the ground with my head held high.
Lowlight - Capitulating to the top sides - Basically did not give a yelp against Saints Cats or Demons and lost to WCE.
Dud - Knobel,  still not overly impressed but as said at least he gets the hitouts
Step Up - Tivendale - he does allright but some of his turnovers make me cringe.
Where finish - 5th - 9th
Wins - 11 - 14
B&F - Tuck
Most improved - Hyde, been a bit quite since his head but was making good consistant progress before that.
Grand Final - West Coast either Melbourne or Geelong
Premier - Either Geelong or Melbourne
Brownlow - Richo (Go you good thing)  :lol yea I had a bet on him at the start of the year.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 10:49:48 AM »
Favs and non-favs

Best game:  Brisbane, electric atmosphere

Worst game: Saints, travelled down from Brisbane for a weekend with my GF & that was the start of it. Oh well at least she's a pies supporter and her Anzac weekend was crap too.

Highlight moment:  For something different Richo's goal from the boundry last weekend.

Lowlight moment: Browny's injury

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but....Well actually not complete dud just didn't get to see him play...... Tuck ..........ORWSOME mate.

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  Sarge. for sure.

Predictions

Where will we finish? 5th

Number of wins?   14

B&F?  I hope Tuck or Richo

Most improved? Tuck, Andy Kellaway & Pettifer.

Grand Finalists? Melbourne vs Geelong

Premiers? Melbourne

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »
Best Game:Toss up between the Port game and the Brisbane Game
Worst Game:The St. Kilda game
Highlight Moment:Meeting Moi, MJS, bg25 and others from OER at the Port game and having my pic taken with Simmo (sigh, sigh)
Lowlight Moment:Bronwy's injury and not getting my pic taken with Richo
I thought he was going to be a dud this year but:Yeah I would have to say Tucky
I thought he was going to step up this year but:Yeah agree with Schultzy

Predictions

Where will we finish:[/color]5th
Number of wins:14
B&F:Richo
Most improved:Tuck, Pettifer, Cogs (back to his best)
Grand Finalists:Eagles & Cats
Premiers:Eagles
Brownlow:would like to think a Richmond players polls well but think Cousins will get it

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »

Best game:  Brisbane bing there was amazing. The Port Adelaide game is not that far behind - that comeback was something we've only dreamed about in the last few years :thumbsup

Worst game (excluding injuries): St Kilda - simply because I cannot stand them of their moronic supporters

Highlight moment:   WCE game in the final quarter the chain of handballs that cleared the ball out of their back half and resulted in a goal to us - great skill under pressure. And Browny's last quarter against the Pies is close too

Lowlight moment (excluding injuries):    Losing by just 2 points on Saturday

I thought he was going to be a complete dud this year but.... Kayne Pettifer - finally showing what he can do when shows confidence in his ability

I thought he was going to step up this year but....  Jackson - whenin the seniors didin't get much game time so maybe I am being a bit harsh.

Predictions

Where will we finish? 5th

Number of wins?  14  :help nah make it 13 ;D don't wanna be greedy

B&F?  Tuck

Most improved (apart from Tuck)? Hartigan until he got injured

Grand Finalists? Melbourne vs Geelong

Premiers? Melbourne

Brownlow? Clement from the Pies

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)