Author Topic: Feel a Geelong Coming On  (Read 6666 times)

the claw

Re: Feel a Geelong Coming On
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
no you dont normally do that.you will list multiple choices and as time goes by you just dont mention the ones looking like flops.
Im asking for one name for each pick that we have draft night, no more.
what rubbish it has been as i explained. very small minded when you cant even acknowledge when a person gets things right.
as i said every player named was named just before the draft or immediately after it. ive always come on  straight after the draft thast same day and usually complained by saying no we should have taken so and so at that pick. ie hurn heppell  most drafts i havent even seen as im at work.

i will be making comment again this yr straight after the draft that day and tell you exactly who we should have taken and where imo of course.thats as much as i can guarantee .as theres no guarantee i will even see the draft.

tony_montana

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »
......... some have all 3 failings yet we hang on.

Says you and you alone.  Don't see the club doing that at all.  See the club using all facets well.  Recruited as many 18 year olds last year as any other club.  But hey don't let the truth get in the way of entertaining us.
what has that got to do with expecting the club to assess and cut players from the list.
i for one congratulated them on the way they went about recruiting last yr i just didnt agree on many of the players taken. ive argued pretty hard for a long time  that recruiting is about keeping your early picks and targeting good mature players who meet good criteria with later picks . but hey lets paint old claw in a different light shall we.

id like nothing more than to see us use 5nd picks this yr and take another 3 or 4  f/a  mature afl and state league types this coming draft/trade/rookie  period. i wanted  similar last yr

but of course to do that you have to cut players and we just cant have that now can we. after all we have a premiership list. ::)

jack hannath has done well in his first yr at afl. sam dwyer says high along with brent moloney aaron black and kyle martin.  they are just some of the players i thought we should target last yr.
i believe i said while happy with vlastuin who i defended on this site as a bloody good player i thought brodie grundy a worthy pick 9 and a greater list need.
ah well it seems i know nothing.
i believe i supported us taking a edwards for no other reason than we only had ohanlon on the list who you could classify as a medium sized forward.

i have advocated we try hard for scott lycett or billy longer for obvious reasons. theres a few wafl players i think we should have a look at . imo it would not be hard to improve our list and fill holes but that means we turn over players.and we cant have that.

what garbage is that? who is talking about us having a premiership squad? Serious question, Are you a troll? nobody could possibly seriously sit there and say Richmond supporters or the club are talking premierships with the list we currently have? You are so black and white and deluded, footy clubs simply don't work the way you boast, actually only one does and that's Melbourne.

Its called a gradual list improvement we've turned over 35+ players in 4 years and yet you sit there spruiking we are resting on our laurels and going to wallow in mediocrity bc of it. Get a grip on reality mate and do something about those voices bc you are deadest making a mountain out of a molehill.

We all understand how far we yet have to go but we're enjoying a small reward along the way, don't need know it alls like yourself telling us how deluded and stupid we are. We know where we're at! FFS just give it a rest

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
We could win the flag by 20 goals one day and some would be lamenting it could have been 25.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »

Says you and you alone.  Don't see the club doing that at all.  See the club using all facets well.  Recruited as many 18 year olds last year as any other club.  But hey don't let the truth get in the way of entertaining us.
what has that got to do with expecting the club to assess and cut players from the list.
i for one congratulated them on the way they went about recruiting last yr i just didnt agree on many of the players taken. ive argued pretty hard for a long time  that recruiting is about keeping your early picks and targeting good mature players who meet good criteria with later picks . but hey lets paint old claw in a different light shall we.

id like nothing more than to see us use 5nd picks this yr and take another 3 or 4  f/a  mature afl and state league types this coming draft/trade/rookie  period. i wanted  similar last yr

but of course to do that you have to cut players and we just cant have that now can we. after all we have a premiership list. ::)

jack hannath has done well in his first yr at afl. sam dwyer says high along with brent moloney aaron black and kyle martin.  they are just some of the players i thought we should target last yr.
i believe i said while happy with vlastuin who i defended on this site as a bloody good player i thought brodie grundy a worthy pick 9 and a greater list need.
i believe i supported us taking a edwards for no other reason than we only had ohanlon on the list who you could classify as a medium sized forward.

i have advocated we try hard for scott lycett or billy longer for obvious reasons. theres a few wafl players i think we should have a look at . imo it would not be hard to improve our list and fill holes but that means we turn over players.and we cant have that.

what garbage is that? who is talking about us having a premiership squad? Serious question, Are you a troll? nobody could possibly seriously sit there and say Richmond supporters or the club are talking premierships with the list we currently have? You are so black and white and deluded, footy clubs simply don't work the way you boast, actually only one does and that's Melbourne.

Its called a gradual list improvement we've turned over 35+ players in 4 years and yet you sit there spruiking we are resting on our laurels and going to wallow in mediocrity bc of it. Get a grip on reality mate and do something about those voices bc you are deadest making a mountain out of a molehill.

We all understand how far we yet have to go but we're enjoying a small reward along the way, don't need know it alls like yourself telling us how deluded and stupid we are. We know where we're at! FFS just give it a rest

Good post and accurate summary of where the RFC is at

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
Don't care about the past

Explain your username then ?  ;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »

It's taken over 2000 posts but you've finally said something I agree with
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
Hot Dice

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 07:26:39 PM »
Snake Eyes

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »

It's taken over 2000 posts but you've finally said something I agree with

Don't care about the past

Explain your username then ?  ;D

Double rubble  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

the claw

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »

it was a piece of sarcasm aimed at one poster and it was warranted.

seems to me theres a few who disagree we could and probablky should turn over 20 23 players over the next 3 yrs.

all i see  is people sooking at any suggestion that some of our players are no good havent made it or are struggling. none offer up an opinion on who we nshould cut they just whine like girls at anyone who does.
we sure as hell dont have a premiership list but you dont see many actually say it.and even fewer are prepared to state who should go.
the list is ordinary we re among a lot of other teams in a similar boat and if we fail to manage the list properly we will  do a nm and not make the 8 next yr.
it is no0nly stating the obvious and i will continue to say it until we actually build something thats worth getting excited about.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »
We probably could cut 20 players over the next 3 years but you never know, they might all get better :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
So, back in the day, full of ourselves as per usual, went into the semi or pre lim, got smashed by the Cats I think, absolutely thumped...... Can feel it coming again. We just cant seem to lift...

DO WE WAN'T IT......????  :-\
This year has been totally different to '95 and 2001. By the midseason break in '95 we had no Richo, our captain Freezer and Whitey who killed Carey in that Monday night flogging of North had done his ankle. We lost our best forward, best defender that year and midfield leader in the space of a month. We won only 4 games in the second half of that season and crawled into the finals more on fight than class. In 2001, we got flogged by everyone of the top 4 sides. Compare this to this year where we've beaten Hawthorn and Freo late in the season. So we can beat some of the top sides. I don't believe we'll win the flag but we have a top side in the making. It's more what we do in October and November that will determine whether we take the next step into the top 4 in 2014. The problem in '95 and 2001 is we kidded ourselves that we were already a top side, signed up our big names to $$$ contracts at the expense of list management and expected it would all just happen. Compare that to now where we know we are not yet there and the club (Hardwick) has admitted that and that the hard work has only just begun.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »
WAT doesn't care for reason, his an emotional guy

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
WAT doesn't care for reason, his an emotional guy

Gee glad you know me so well.. :whistle ::)

You have a dear with no eyes..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"