Author Topic: Edwards vs McGuane  (Read 2973 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Edwards vs McGuane
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:47 PM »
Unfortunately, Edwards and McGuane may have stalled the development of Griff and Elton. In any case, it's one or the other and my vote is for Edwards. He is just a more natural footballer. In Finals hacks and 'athletes' are found-out whilst pure footballers rise to the top.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 09:41:30 PM »
Az has clearly now jumped ahead of Lukey. I gave him B.O.G. today. He needs though to back up that workrate and influence on the match next week before we head into the finals.

A Edwards has always been better than Lukas IMO. McGaune doesnt have much going for him outside of his defensive pressure.

Edited:  :banghead :banghead not funny, you know the rules re posting things that legally can get this site in trouble even in jest and what you posted falls into that category
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:44:47 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 09:46:12 PM »
I still would take McGuane for his defensive pressure but Azza did show much more defensively and offensively today than he has wearing our jumper. Was it just because he was taking their second/ third best (18yr old) defender though. I wonder...?

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:33 PM »
Edwards is a flat track bully good against the lower teams but goes missing against quality sides Mcgaune offers more against these sides but is not the long term answer.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:06:55 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
Edwards looks fitter than McGuane, he is certainly stronger. IMO we should see how Edwards goes against the Dons, if he performs keep him in for the first week of the finals, if not..McGuane.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »
Edwards looks fitter than McGuane, he is certainly stronger. IMO we should see how Edwards goes against the Dons, if he performs keep him in for the first week of the finals, if not..McGuane.

No...just no. If Edwards is fitter & stronger then McG should never play another game for Richmond. We already know Aaron is a superior footballer but if he is fitter and stronger then whoa :shh :shh He's our man as 3rd tall. If not him then definitely not McG. If not Edwards.....Richo for one last game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »

No...just no. If Edwards is fitter & stronger then McG should never play another game for Richmond. We already know Aaron is a superior footballer but if he is fitter and stronger then whoa :shh :shh He's our man as 3rd tall. If not him then definitely not McG. If not Edwards.....Richo for one last game.

Go and watch the last few replays of McGuane and Edwards comparatively, running out games or chasing....have a look at the difference, also have a look at the one on one's.. ;)

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »
WGAF?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 08:48:24 AM »
I would have though a bit hard to guage based on yesterday

Edwards was playing on a skinny kid, was always going to not only look bigger & stronger but actually be bigger and stronger

He will play next week against the "Followers of Ego" who are a bigger, stronger side than the kids that are Giants. Let's see how he goes against them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
Just saying Coach, if you don't GAF, don't comment then, was just saying that's all.

All I have noticed in the past he can hold himself better one on one, not just in yesterdays game but the ones he has played in previously and he runs games out better where McGuane looks spent.

"Rucks:

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »
Unfortunately, Edwards and McGuane may have stalled the development of Griff and Elton.

I don't think they have. If you're struggling at VFL level, you'll have no hope at senior level.

Riewoldt was kicking plenty of goals and performing well in the VFL before he got a call up. McBean is also doing well and probably would have played yesterday if he was fit.

Elton and Griffiths haven't shown much at all so far.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:34 AM »
Just saying Coach, if you don't GAF, don't comment then, was just saying that's all.

All I have noticed in the past he can hold himself better one on one, not just in yesterdays game but the ones he has played in previously and he runs games out better where McGuane looks spent.

Please don't tell me how to post, guy.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »

Please don't tell me how to post, guy.

Was not telling you how to post, was suggesting you don't bother posting.. :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
if you don't GAF, don't comment then

Suggesting? I think not papa