Author Topic: Tigers president puts faith in Wood  (Read 6592 times)

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
Re: Tigers president puts faith in Wood
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 04:43:22 PM »
Im happy for Leon Daphne to handle all board and administration matters as he is an astute businessman,l dont however want him dabbling in footy dept matters.
This clearly is Millers forte as Football manager with hopefully a Benny Gale to assist.
Benny is a boon as he is a clever businessman and former tiger great.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

froars

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 04:57:15 PM »
Grief is Clinton Casey.

Well, this is the first day i've heard about these people even thinking about nominating.  I haven't even heard Leon come out and say anything.  Can't you wait and see before you start saying they haven't said this or they haven't said that.

I cannot believe the negativity towards change on this board.  Who knows if there aren't other groups out there - just as credentialled - waiting to stand. 

You forget that Miller is at the club now - and i think Leon or anyone else would give him almost free rein to do what he wants. 

Come on folks - get excited about it. 

And if anyone has the record of where we finished under Leon - and how many presidents have done better i would be interested.  Who was president in '95 - i can't remember.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 05:11:13 PM »
I'm all for change froars but it has to be real change not just change for change sake. Moving the deckchairs around has and will not get us anywhere. People saying publicly that they're "Concerned" or are critical of those in charge now is easy. Offering real solutions is what we need and as these people have "been there, done that" before for the RFC it's hard to take their concerns or what else they say seriously. That includes Casey I might add.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 05:27:33 PM »
Richmond = pain lol

Well, these could be all rumours until someone comes out and backs up the stories.  When they do, hopefully they'll say everythign we want to hear, whether it's Leon or whoever.  I'm just glad there's movements afloat and getting people thinking about what's wrong down there.

We will just have to wait and see - but sounds like they're sounding out opinions like yours and mine and will watch closely people's thoughts before anyone puts their hand up.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 07:39:06 PM »
Richmond = pain lol

How true - I know I have had a severe headache for over 20 years now ;D

Well, these could be all rumours until someone comes out and backs up the stories.  When they do, hopefully they'll say everythign we want to hear, whether it's Leon or whoever.  I'm just glad there's movements afloat and getting people thinking about what's wrong down there.

We will just have to wait and see - but sounds like they're sounding out opinions like yours and mine and will watch closely people's thoughts before anyone puts their hand up.

I don't want to just hear them say all the rigth things - I want them to do the right things as well.

I think they are more than just rumours - our favourite journo Caro - has been hinting at a challenge for a couple of months now.

I think everyone's been thinking about what's going on down there for yonks - it is just disappointing to me at least that we are constantly in the media for the wrong reasons

I suppose I have just become really cynical and disillusioned more in the last few months than I ever have been before.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2004, 07:55:32 PM »
And if anyone has the record of where we finished under Leon - and how many presidents have done better i would be interested.  Who was president in '95 - i can't remember.

Leon took over as president in 1993. He is listed as president in 1993 along with Neville Crowe.

In 1994 the Club finshed 9th, and recorded a profit of $29,805. At this time the Club was $250,290 in the red (debt)

1995 - the Club finished 3rd and recorded a profit of $486,003. Our balance sheet showed the Club in the black for the first time in years to the tune of $235,713

I don't have the results from 1996/7 but have 1998. Though the 1997 result is listed as a comparison in the 1998 financials and the profit was $789,914.

In 1998 we finished 9th and record a profit of $305,111 this figuyre was reduced by the payout the Club faced when they sacked Walls. The balance sheet that we were in the black to the tune of $1,457,312. It was in this year that Gieschen had his contract extend to the end of 2001.

I have nothing for 1999 but the 2000 financials show the club made a profit of $686,938 in 1999

Leon resigned on 16/12/99

For the 2000 the club recorded a loss of $639.667 - I have included this result because Leon is lsted as joint president for that year.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)