Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - 1st Elimination Final 2013  (Read 14001 times)

Gigantor

Re: Richmond vs Carlton - 1st Elimination Final 2013
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
Hey posters..don't give up on the club which reflects  part of who we are as individulas.The ups and downs of this club is like our lives, and we don't give up on life...Stay the course guys we will improve on this

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »
Lose this and the club can get stuffed!

GET stuffED!!!

we lost this game when conca went off. 1 rotation down for 100 minutes of football. they were always gonna overrun us in the end.

We lost this with White injured but we had a chance to still bring Foley in. We needed runners as the Blues just keep on outrunning us. Three times this year now.
Furthermore not enough from Grigg, Titch, Pettard,Tuck,Jako and Vickery despite his three goals at times looked like the Benny Hill show. This so called second tier that has been applauded at times this season let us down when we needed them most compared to the Carlton second tier and first tier who took the sword to us in the scond half.

What will make us a better side and kill sides off is when we are on top our second tier is making quality contributions because if our first tier fall away we get exposed. That will ensure we win more games and win more convincingly.

Live and learn next year Tiggers.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
Bitterly disappointed but sadly part of me isn't surprised. Could feel it coming in the 3rd. How they could not stand someone next to Judd in the 3rd that ended up gifting them 2 clearances and 2 really soft goals was the turning point for mine. Judd gave them leadership when they needed it while at the same time ours went missing.

That IMV was the difference and losing Conca so early.

Can i also say some blokes went missing big time as the game went on

I saw it in the second despite our lead I just felt they were running better than us. Blokes like Armfield, Scotland,Walker who were nowhere near it started getting it and then Murphy Gibbs and Judd started to get their hand on it.

Thought Cotch's goal on half time was critical at the time. Alas it was just one of our goals in a game which had a 51 point turnaround in the last 50 minutes that we lost.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »
Lose this and the club can get stuffed!

GET stuffED!!!

See ya and dont come back.
You can add me to that list. Weak players, gutless, brainless coaches and opportunistic administration. Goodbye Richmond FC. I only wish I did this 20 years ago.    Oh and goodbye OER.....it was the best of  times and the worst of times.......get away from this rubbish programming.     

Good riddance. Have a poo one

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »
What makes this worse is as Dooks said in his post yep it's Carlton and they got in by default.
What has not been lost on me is Brissy lost by a point and the Blues came from the clouds to beat Port and now both of them are through and we are licking our wounds.
Carlton malakies Carlton.
Another chapter in the Carlton has it over us stakes. It really hurts.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:34 PM »
steven bradbury x 2

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »
All I can say is Carlton = *!!!

I am bleeding, but we have to get better, stronger and bloody take them on, when we take on sides we do damage, not this chip around bull poooooo.

And for gods sake sign Dustin up!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

tony_montana

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
All I can say is Carlton = *!!!

I am bleeding, but we have to get better, stronger and bloody take them on, when we take on sides we do damage, not this chip around bull poooooo.

And for gods sake sign Dustin up!!!

yep! enough with holding the ball above your head BS! If you want to play tempo, play tempo, don't be heroes about it

Gigantor

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
To be honest ,when we tried to slow the game down so as to neutralise their run,i thought it was laughable.It did nothing other than delay what was inevitable by then

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »
The Cameo King, Vickery
Jake King was he out there today?
Shane Edwards
Steve Morris was terrible
Shaun Griff was well typical Griff

Want me to go?

yeah coz I think they werent the only ones who werent up to finals footy today although Vickery did some nice things in the first half.

Sorry I had to disappear for a bit

I will add:

Houli - disposal was woeful at times, his long kicking is his strength and refused to go long at times
Ellis - seems overawed by the occasion. That sitter he dropped in the 2nd summed it up
Petterd - to be honesty I wasn't exactly sure what his role was and I don't think he did either
Newman - clear as day he wasn't fit. No place for sentiment in finals

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2013, 06:59:56 AM »
In second half we lost all run. As soon as we let Judd, Gibbs and Robinson into the game it spelt disaster. Really missed White. Conca going down in first quarter was a disaster. Affected rotations. Kicking out of defence in second half very poor. Carlton got it out of defence with ease. Need a small crumbing forward. The indigenous small forwards from Carlton destroyed us. They set up goals and roved the packs.  Decision to leave out Foley strange. Decision to play at times Vlas on Judd was wrong. Morris was not his usual self made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Rance and Chaplain tried hard. Cotchin, Martin and Maric were good. Carlton were much more experienced than us and taught us a lesson. Need to learn from the experience and continue to improve.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2013, 07:10:36 AM »
If I hear we missed Conca again I will fair dinkum spew

Reality is good sides find a way to win

Plenty of games where sides go 2 down here yet find another leg

Facts are we are rubbish and hardwick and the players embarrassed the jumper

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:33 AM »

To all the other tigers fans out there with bruised ego's and sore knuckles from punching seats on the way out, you're not alone.

The last time the Carltank filth beat us a couple of weeks back I punched the seat next to me in frustration, and this Richmond BITCH behind me threatened to break my jaw if I did it again. Nice huh? I told her to go eff herself as I exited the ground.
You better believe I gave the turnstile a good kick as I left in a fury yesterday. :banghead

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:08:20 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »
After a long year & players carrying injury into a final. Some suffering crowd anxiety & preasure put on them to perform l expected no more than what the players could give. l'm proud of them making the finals & l will be back next year supporting the players & club with hope of doing better. We can beat anyone on our day, But we do not have the players developed to close out sides. We are still building a great team & molding them together. 15 wins in a year is a great effort & some good wins over teams like Hawthorn & Fremantle. When you cant get everyone up for the day its very hard. Don't be hard on the club, players or the fans. It takes time to build a great side & with having our own Reserves side next year will make all the difference. Our new facilities will help build our players stronger & fitter to close out games, hopefully while our window is open we will take the chance unlike the rapists side  ;D  :gotigers  :birthday