Author Topic: Changes for next week's final against the Blues?  (Read 5100 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for next week's final against the Blues?
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2013, 04:47:51 PM »
we shouldnt play anyone that is not 100%

if that means Newman, Jack and White sit out, so be it.

We are good enough to beat Carlton without them, lets keep them on ice for the semi finals

If Tuck doesnt play I will be very dissapointed

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »

We are good enough to beat Carlton without them, lets keep them on ice for the semi finals

Tuckie hasn't been 100% fit for years.

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »

Tuckie hasn't been 100% fit for years.

:lol

No maybe not, but the point your missing is  Shane Tuck has given 100% for every game he has played over the last decade.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Shane Tuck injured VS Petterd/Lonergan/Nahas fully fit.

I know who I'd pick.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
Why is everyone so down on Petterd? He has played well in every game I've seen him in this season. Sure he has been injured on 2 occasions and his kicking for goal leaves a bit to be desired, but, he can play many roles and has the ability to do the mercurial at times. I reckon he has the potential to be game changer in what is ordinarily (finals) a tightly held contest. 

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
We need Whitey and Foley and hopefully he can use the ball well. They both can play outside and have speed. Carlton seem to kill us on the outside.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »
Greatest elements we need against Carltons tight man on man style is height and run. They hurt us in the ruck plus on the spread and rebound. We need to expose their back line with size and speed. This is why we need the Big O to remain in the side with White, King and Edwards hurting them with their run, crumbing capabilities and defensive pressure. A Edwards shoed against the Dons that he can lock the ball inside the F50 too so with Jack also pressuring the defenders that makes for a damaging forward line and a strong ruck line up too.

Throw either White or Foley in the sub, Newman in Petterd's place and we will win with that line up  :thumbsup

As much as I love the man, Tuck needs to go in place of S Edwards.......unless its wet  :shh

gerkin greg

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Why is everyone so down on Petterd? He has played well in every game I've seen him in this season. Sure he has been injured on 2 occasions and his kicking for goal leaves a bit to be desired, but, he can play many roles and has the ability to do the mercurial at times. I reckon he has the potential to be game changer in what is ordinarily (finals) a tightly held contest.

Unaccountable
Panic merchant
Poor decision making
Average skills
From Melbourne
Bag head

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
Gets hurt alot

gerkin greg

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
Gets hurt a lot

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:56 PM »
Gives it away alot or butchers it to a bloke who often is under pressure to keep possession.
He lost me a fair way with his twitchy game dropping easy marks under little pressure against the Pies way back in Round 4. He does some nice things and then undoes everything with clangers.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »
And to top it off he's selfish. Maybe even a bit up himself?

Has a big eye for kicking goals when he could find a better positioned team mate.

Backup player IMO. Not best 22. Would keep him though. And he needs another 5kg FFS. No skinny runts anymore please.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
RICHMOND

Chris Newman (ankle) and Jack Riewoldt (knee) have been described by coach Damien Hardwick as "locks" to return and play in the Tigers' first final since 2001. It seems the entire football world is waiting on Newman to take the field and play his first final after 232 games. Speedster Matt White, who hurt his hamstring on Saturday night against Essendon, is a 50-50 prospect to play against Carlton. Improved midfielder Shane Edwards, who has played 19 games this season, has served a one-match suspension and is certain to be recalled. - Nathan Schmook

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-03/in-the-mix-finals-week-one

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »
And to top it off he's selfish. Maybe even a bit up himself?

Has a big eye for kicking goals when he could find a better positioned team mate.

Backup player IMO. Not best 22. Would keep him though. And he needs another 5kg FFS. No skinny runts anymore please.

Wanker hipster body shape

Good for tight jeans and the snow but not finals

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »
Petterd's lack of skills in particular kicking greatly worries me. You can't afford to miss easy shots at goal in a final otherwise you are gone.