Author Topic: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)  (Read 16106 times)

dwaino

Re: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2014, 06:39:16 AM »
Must still be the off season.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2014, 07:19:41 PM »
How many inches of newspaper have been filled with this crap

tony_montana

« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »
At least this was well written and not out for a quick headline grab

gerkin greg

« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2014, 07:21:06 PM »
Id much rather king filling column space than Duzzy

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demetriou gives Tigers a King hit (Age)
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »
Demetriou gives Tigers a King hit

Scott Spits
    The Age
    February 20, 2014 - 6:54PM

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou is at odds with Richmond over the issue of Jake King's links with former Bandidos biker club sergeant-at-arms Toby Mitchell.

The league supremo is firmly of the view that AFL clubs should have a greater say on who their players associate with, especially in the case of the pacy Tiger.

King was captured on camera in late January chatting with Mitchell at Docklands. The pair had also been watching a women's lingerie American football game at AAMI Park in December.

"My counsel to Richmond would be, 'I think you do have a role' in saying to your players who should and who you shouldn't associate with," Demetriou told Chanel Seven News.

"I think Jake King should seriously consider who he associates with and not put at risk the reputation of his club or putting himself in a vulnerable position.

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has previously declared he would prefer King does not mix with an outlaw bikie boss, but admits it's a decision only the player can make.

"We never issued a warning to Jake about who he can mix with and who he can't. We haven't issued any bans. That's away from the work place, his duty as a footballer," Gale has told 3AW.

Demetriou reiterated his view that outsiders with ulterior motives were attempting to infiltrate the AFL, putting the integrity of the game at risk.

"It's a serious issue because we know – we have intelligence – that people are trying to infiltrate the game, and some of them are not nice people ... whether it's to do with information sharing, gambling, illicit durgs, performance enhancing drugs.

"That is a fact."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-gives-tigers-a-king-hit-20140220-3345p.html#ixzz2trDklhHr

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2014, 09:46:25 PM »
"It's a serious issue because we know – we have intelligence – that people are trying to infiltrate the game, and some of them are not nice people ... whether it's to do with information sharing, gambling, illicit durgs, performance enhancing drugs."

That's the problem Demetriou, you have none at all, MYOB and move on.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
How can this prick be taken seriously after revealing his insipidity during the handling of the Essendon drug issue ?

He's a joke.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tazzytiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Tiger in my tank !
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »
I can not believe this. When can you be told who not to associate with? I've seen the boss naked in a vfl video but that's ok.
And he lies which for me destroys any credibility. I would not work in an environmont that controlled me so. cold war Russia sort of stuff

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »
How can this prick be taken seriously after revealing his insipidity during the handling of the Essendon drug issue ?

He's a joke.

Damn right, he said jack poo nearly the entire time regarding the Bomber fiasco but he wants to come and and make these outlandish statements for a non event...really.

He is on the way out, Just like the imbecilic Newman Government!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »
stuffing joke

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2014, 11:30:18 PM »
i have often questioned why the administrators don't subject themselves to the same testing regimes as the players for recreational drugs, but really, it is self evident.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »
"That is a fact."
Is it really a fact though? Facts are usually based on information and evidence. If it is a fact why has this fat turd not done anything about it?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2014, 03:15:25 AM »
Two separate issues.

Hird and friends bought the game into disrepute and the dimetreou did virtually nothing about it.

King and friends have done nothing but are copping it, for some reason on the back of the Hird issue.

#hitlerlogic
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2014, 03:51:20 AM »
Reported in the Herald-Sun as well ...

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou says Richmond’s Jake King should dump bikie mate Toby Mitchell

Mark Robinson
    February 21, 2014

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou says Jake King’s continued association with bikie figure Toby Mitchell “defies belief” and the Tigers forward should reconsider the friendship for his and his club’s sake.

Demetriou told the Herald Sun that Richmond chiefs would be justifiably frustrated that King had refused repeated requests to drop links and the club would tire of his stance.

King and Mitchell have been seen together publicly twice since King brought the former Bandidos enforcer into the Richmond rooms at the MCG last August.

The Tigers then banned Mitchell from club events and asked King not to associate with him, but stopped short of demanding their meetings cease.

Asked if the AFL could say who players could spend time with, Demetriou said: “The short answer is yes.

“I’ve spoken to (Richmond CEO) Brendon Gale. I said to him I didn’t share his view that as a club you couldn’t tell a player who he should or shouldn’t associate with,” Demetriou said.

“We’ve spent 12 months talking about people who seek to infiltrate the game for a number of things.

“I’m not suggesting for a minute it’s this case, but I’m talking about match-fixing, information sharing, performance enhancing drugs, illicit drugs — these are serious issues so we’ve got to do everything we can to protect it.’’

Richmond last night indicated it would not be toughening its stance on King.

“After considering all the facts we remain comfortable with the position we have taken,” Gale said.

The AFL last year briefed clubs about dangers confronting the sport outlined in the Australian Crime Commission’s explosive Project Aperio report released 12 months ago.

“We know from the Crime Commission, we know from the Victoria Police and others, that there are people seeking to infiltrate our sport,’’ Demetriou said.

“We also know that some people prey on the vulnerability of our players and this came through very clear from Victoria Police and we briefed the clubs about this.

“So why someone would want to not just put them themselves in that position, but also their club in that position, defies belief for me.

“I think (Richmond) need to stress to Jake King that. ‘We’ve got a good culture at this club, we’re going places’, and they don’t need this distraction.

“And if he wants to be part of the club and share in the values of the club and be part of the values, is this something that important that it would jeopardise what this club is trying to do.”

The Herald Sun reported last month that King’s contract contained a trigger for 2015 if he played 12 games this season.

Demetriou said King needed to reassess his friendship with Mitchell, who has survived two shooting attempts on his life.

“In my view, Brendon Gale and the Richmond Football Club should counsel Jake King (that) he should seriously think about who he associates with.

“Not just pertaining to this issue, but clubs are really important entities and if you are asking someone in your employment and they are constantly saying no to you, the club at some point in time will get tired of that.

“The same would be in my organisation. If I was asking one of my executives to stop doing something, and they kept saying no to me, you’d get a little bit tired of it.”

Demetriou said he hoped King’s contract was not terminated.

“I hope common sense prevails. He’s a good player Jake King, he’s popular, he’s a good asset for Richmond and he’s got more football in him.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-boss-andrew-demetriou-says-richmonds-jake-king-should-dump-bikie-mate-toby-mitchell/story-fndv8t7m-1226833176389

dwaino

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
Just refresh my memory which laws he has broken.