Author Topic: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)  (Read 16424 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2014, 02:54:08 PM »
I often laugh at the tinfoil hat brigade who claim there's a conspiracy against Richmond (though I agree certain clubs get favourable treatment.) but jeez sometimesit's hard not to wonder.

Circumstantial evidence however is usually never enough to convict on just on it's own. Unless there's a whole mountain of it.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
I think the Cousins situation was different. I believe although I maybe wrong that they argued that his actions were bringing the game into disrepute. He also was at the time or had faced criminal charges. It will really boil down to what is in King's contract. If there is a term in the contract then maybe they have the power but doubt it. Particularly as such clause would be difficult to draft and believe the Courts would read down such a clause.  Furthermore Gale has successfully completed a law degree. His view contrasts with AD and I prefer the measured approach of Gale.

Yep Cousins was certainly de-registered for bringing the game into disrepute. yes he was in trouble with the law for fleeing a breath test for memory. And that is why I used the analogy. The AFL determines what constitutes what "bringing the game into direpute' means. It is a something they have at their disposal that other rules do not cover, which means they have the power and can invoke when they feel like it

And let's not forget that when this first raised it's extremely ugly head and Benny was on SEN I posted at the time (page 1 of this thread) that:

(a) he didn't sound happy about what had appeared in papers

(b) that despite the club not being able to enforce who players can & cannot associate with the club had indeed spoken to Jake and couselled him as to what is acceptable in a public forum

(c) the Club was but very disappointed in Jake, needs to make better choices, he is a public figure and when he is in public he represents the RFC

So yes while the Club's approach is measured it doesn't mean the Club isn't disappointed because Benny said that they were. And I doubt a month out from the season they would enjoying it constantly being bought up

I totally agree that the Club would not like this publicity. The important point is that Gale may be disappointed but he is not trying to profess that he has any power to determine who King associates with. It is also important to note that if the AFL tried to charge King with bringing the game into disrepute that decision is reviewable by a Court. Whilst the AFL may try and give a wide definition to the phrase bringing the game into disrepute the Court would take a conservative view being less expansive.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
Wouldn't mind Gale or Peggy Sue publicly standing up for the club for once and telling certain people to pull their heads in.

The former won't though - not to the AFL at least - because he covets the Demetriou's job.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Kochy has been great for PA but he needs to zip it on this issue. ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
The media reports have stepped up a few gears today.

Ch 7 arvo news now:- "Richmond under increasing pressure to act over Jake King's relationship with an outlaw bikie".

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
Easy for Koch to be a tough guy in hypothetical situations.

Hope for him there are no skeletons in the Port closet. Would love to see what happens if Wingard's best mate ends up in court for something.

They have a player on their list wtih a criminal record, what a joke this guy is!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »
Koch has always been a media whore. Remember the day he climbed into the Ambulance at Beaconsfield.  :chuck

I wonder if he would have the same stance if Ollie Wines was cavorting with Bikers.....Hmmm I think not.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
Easy for Koch to be a tough guy in hypothetical situations.

Hope for him there are no skeletons in the Port closet. Would love to see what happens if Wingard's best mate ends up in court for something.

They have a player on their list wtih a criminal record, what a joke this guy is!
Initials please?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »
Edit: Referring to a player by name or initial (especially when they are the only one with those initials) regarding crime or criminal records even in jest potentially puts the site at legal risk.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:59:38 PM by one-eyed »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
The media reports have stepped up a few gears today.

Ch 7 arvo news now:- "Richmond under increasing pressure to act over Jake King's relationship with an outlaw bikie".
Lol pressure. He'll be playing tomorrow FFS.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »
Ch 7 reporting tonight that Richmond is fuming (over Koch's comments) and standing by Kingy.

The AFLPA is supporting Richmond's stance.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
As an individual Mitchell has priors, has been shot twice, currently has a court case pending and was the head honcho of said bike gang (can't remember exactly the title he had).  Again it isn't a good look, granted he has done his time but the mud sticks

Since I've gone looking for Mitchell's criminal record before and come up empty, can you direct me to a report of his "priors" or where "he has done his time".

The court case you refer to as pending I've linked to below:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/bikie-toby-mitchell-to-wait-four-months-for-court-case/story-fni0fee2-1226749890214

and the one which was dismissed a month after:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/bandidos-enforcer-toby-mitchell-walks-smiling-from-court-as-weapons-charges-dropped/story-fni0fee2-1226759683224

While I agree that Mitchell seems like a really nasty piece of work and it's not a good look for Kingy to hang around with him, especially after the ACC report into sport corruption, I think we should stick to the facts and not assume Mitchell is a "criminal" with "priors" or has "done time".

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
Edit: Referring to a player by name or initial (especially when they are the only one with those initials) regarding crime or criminal records even in jest potentially puts the site at legal risk.

Hang on, my post gets snipped and CUBs post accusing Port of having a crim on their list remains? LMAO. So we are not allowed to mention that J Schulz has drink driving on his record? Hence the "what a massive criminal" comment I made.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »
While I agree that Mitchell seems like a really nasty piece of work and it's not a good look for Kingy to hang around with him, especially after the ACC report into sport corruption, I think we should stick to the facts and not assume Mitchell is a "criminal" with "priors" or has "done time".

Regarding his "priors" and having done his time I am only repeating what was said on the wireless this morning on SEN and what has been said on TV. All of them (Maher, Gaze & Dermie) said it this morning and they are not the first to say it. And they wouldn't have said if there was the slightest chance of legal ramifications

Like you I haven't found a news story on the net that said he has been convicted but all news agency have implied it and they haven't been forced to retract it

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »
 :rollin :angel: :birthday

It's just so farcical, FFS.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"