Author Topic: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)  (Read 16143 times)

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »
LOL. They were watching "lingerie clad women play American football".

First, the term "woman" is used very loosely. Most of those players wouldn't be out of place lining up on Travis Cloke at CHB.

Second, if these trotskies think what they are wearing is lingerie, then these guys probably haven't been with a "woman" anyway.

Overall, a ludicrous, factually inaccurate piece of poo that has become expected from these work experience hacks in off season.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
Jake King is old enough to do what he wants, IF that impacts on the club and his performance then he pays the price....it hasn't to date.

Underlined bit is key point though isn't it

Whether it is right or wrong the point is that there has been and continues to be a massivie crackdown/focus on the links between professional sport and orgnanised crime for reasons I would think are glaringly obvious. It has been made abundantly clear to sporting organisations that sports people should not associate with those who are linked to organisation crimes, they need to be be careful because they will be heavily scrutinised

All players have been warned, not just Jake King.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
Further to that I just saw the photo....FFS... :lol....he is sitting two rows back from him!!!

If you were sitting two rows back from a pedophile does that make you his associate.....what is going on in this world????

HONESTLY..... :help
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »
Jake King is old enough to do what he wants, IF that impacts on the club and his performance then he pays the price....it hasn't to date.

Underlined bit is key point though isn't it

Whether it is right or wrong the point is that there has been and continues to be a massivie crackdown/focus on the links between professional sport and orgnanised crime for reasons I would think are glaringly obvious. It has been made abundantly clear to sporting organisations that sports people should not associate with those who are linked to organisation crimes, they need to be be careful because they will be heavily scrutinised

All players have been warned, not just Jake King.

Well WP, he has done nothing, that's it really for me.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
Benny Gale on SEN

* Jake King went to the game with a group of friends not Toby Mitchell

* Mitchell was there too, they "bumped" into each other and said "hello" and the photo got taken

* Jake has known the Toby Mitchell and the Mitchell family for a very long time, it pre-dates his involvement at the RFC

* Club doesn't enforce rules as to who players can & cannot associate with but does give advice/counsel as to what is acceptable in a public forum

* Club (including Benny himself) has had a number of chats to Jake about his association with Mitchell

* Benny mentioned about associating with those who have criminal/underworld links and how it can be viewed and what it can lead to

* Unlikely to face suspension but will be talking to him again today

* Not disappointed in the HUN story

* But very disappointed in Jake, needs to make better choices, he is a public figure and when he is in public he represents the RFC

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »
Benny Gale on SEN

* Mitchell was there too, they "bumped" into each other and said "hello" and the photo got taken

* Jake has known the Toby Mitchell and the Mitchell family for a very long time, it pre-dates his involvement at the RFC

* Club doesn't enforce rules as to who players can & cannot associate with but does give advice/counsel as to what is acceptable in a public forum

* Club (including Benny himself) has had a number of chats to Jake about his association with Mitchell

* Benny mentioned about associating with those who have criminal/underworld links and how it can be viewed and what it can lead to

* But very disappointed in Jake, needs to make better choices, he is a public figure and when he is in public he represents the RFC

Enough said......get off his back!!!

Give him all the advise you want but in the end let him make his own choices!!!!

Good smoke screen for the public Benny!!!

Thanks for the report WP. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 08:56:22 AM »

As I said WAT not saying it's right or wrong just saying all players have been warned for obvious reasons.

I will leave this to the Club and back what ever decision they make

But I do agree with Benny; Jake needs to make better decisions, perception it's all about perception

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
What's he done. Lol

Too much sons of anarchy for u blokes

Get rid of him

Hardly a descent player anymore so no big deal

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »

As I said WAT not saying it's right or wrong just saying all players have been warned for obvious reasons.

I will leave this to the Club and back what ever decision they make

But I do agree with Benny; Jake needs to make better decisions, perception it's all about perception

WP, how would you feel if you knew someone for most of your life and because that person was stereotyped as a result of perception, you could not see them anymore, or your contact with them was controlled by others that really don not have a clue of your relationship with that person.

I can tell you its crap!!

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:37:14 AM »
WP, how would you feel if you knew someone for most of your life and because that person was stereotyped as a result of perception, you could not see them anymore, or your contact with them was controlled by others that really don not have a clue of your relationship with that person.

I can tell you its crap!!

WAT, I understand your point but playing AFL footy is to a degree a privilege and comes with certain expectations and requirements.

Jake King gets paid in comparison to you and me massive $$$. It is bloody good money. Part of the deal though is that you are constantly representing your club even when away from the footy field. I don't think that's asking too much for players to use some common sense or make smart decisions when it comes to what they do away from the club when they are in public. This is a massive business we are talking these days. Clubs and players need to be smart because there is so much at stake

No one is saying that Jake cannot see him but I would think the advice would be just don't do it in public. It's not that bloody hard

If Jake had or the Mitchell family had backyard Xmas BBQs; on the weekend would we know about it? No because it's in the privacy of their own homes. So no one would care. This little catch up was in a public place, Jake should have been smarter, he wasn't this time let's hope he is next time

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
Benny Gale on SEN

* Mitchell was there too, they "bumped" into each other and said "hello" and the photo got takencolor]

* ake has known the Toby Mitchell and the Mitchell family for a very long time, it pre-dates his involvement at the RFC

Enough said......get off his back!!!

Give him all the advise you want but in the end let him make his own choices!!!!

Good smoke screen for the public Benny!!!

Thanks for the report WP. :thumbsup

Interesting the bits you highlighted WAT

Would think the final one is the most important one IMHO

And BTW will add Benny didn't sound at all happy on the wireless this morning, sound very frustrated and disappointed

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
I can see your logic with both of your posts WP and I do agree with the aspect of what is perceived, being involved with a club, how to act at that level etc...

I suppose I just dont like the way it has gone in QLD; totalitarianism is moving in here!! I think the focus on that has overflowed to Melbourne and more so Jake King.

All good.

"Rucks:

Offline cooper007

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
Gee Benny Gale spoke well on SEn this morning it shows how Richmond has come of age since he took over. He handles himself very well....
As he said they will talk to king and leave it at that Melbourne is a big place ur always going to bump into people.... no doubt the papers arnt selling so lets make a story out of nothing...

And also Jakie boy grew up in North Heidlberg I can tell you he probably knows people 1000 times worse then Toby...

Good on kingy let ur footy do the talking mate and go and have xmas drink with toby just at home thu hahaha

go u tigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »
I suppose I just dont like the way it has gone in QLD; totalitarianism is moving in here!! I think the focus on that has overflowed to Melbourne and more so Jake King.

I feel for you WAT being in QLD, you have Campbell Newman as premier; sums it up really   ;D :thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:17:27 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »

I feel for you WAT being in QLD, you have Campbell Newman as premier; somes it up really   ;D :thumbsup

Dead right mate, I am feeling it to. ;)

"Rucks: