Author Topic: Tigers split on new president - O'Shannassy vs Speed (Age)  (Read 3069 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers split on new president - O'Shannassy vs Speed (Age)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »
Would've expected Craig Cameron to put his hand up.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Speed's CV is remarkable.

I wonder why March prefers O'Sh. I don't like the fact the board is divided. Want everyone on the same page, club is run by a cohesive board not a president. Unless you are Collingwood.

I don't think the board is divided at all Pope, quite the opposite actually when you look at their recent record.  I just think it's simply 2 eminently suitable candidates have put their had up for the main gig - and that's a good healthy thing for any board in any business environment.

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
agree smokey

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
It's a laugh when people play the Greg Miller card. Come with all the bad nominations, don't just pick 1 because it suits your argument. It isnt uncommon for people to vote in the country, are you that arrogant that we now believe people aren't deserving of the right to vote?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
It's a laugh when people play the Greg Miller card. Come with all the bad nominations, don't just pick 1 because it suits your argument. It isnt uncommon for people to vote in the country, are you that arrogant that we now believe people aren't deserving of the right to vote?

We did vote, we voted in the motion to give the board the power to choose the directors.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »
O'Shannassy vs Speed?

Which one hates the cheating scum more?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:09 PM »
do you seriously think that a popularity contest is the best way to get the best person for the job?

Do you really believe the average joe blow would have a better idea of who would be the best candidate than the board members who work with these blokes all the time?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
To be honest I would have absolutely no idea who s best,pity they don't come on here(hint ,hint) and give us their vision

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
do you seriously think that a popularity contest is the best way to get the best person for the job?

Do you really believe the average joe blow would have a better idea of who would be the best candidate than the board members who work with these blokes all the time?

I don't think all people are idiots Al or maybe I think people with vested interests can behave like indulged idiots - take your pick.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 08:22:57 AM »
its not so much a case of being idiots, but of being able to make an informed decision. Maybe once elections were a reliable way to get good people into positions, but the slickness of modern spin doctors has changed that. You only have to look at the quality of politicians across the board to see this deterioration.

I would back the board members to have a much better idea of who is best for the job that than most of the members, because they work with them and have an insight most of us will never have. The people who make these decisions are still able to be held to account by the voting members, so they can be removed if board members are looking after their own interests rather than the club's.

gerkin greg

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 09:11:52 AM »
O'Shannassy vs Speed?

Which one hates the cheating scum more?

You're going to have to be more specific

Rampstar

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
its easy to resolve this

put both into a UFC ring. Put one in an collingwood jumper, put the other in a carlton jumper and put the referee in Essendon jumper. The one who smashes his opponent and the referee - wins and becomes the Richmond President.

We want mongrels running the club not panzies.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
its easy to resolve this

put both into a UFC ring. Put one in an collingwood jumper, put the other in a carlton jumper and put the referee in Essendon jumper. The one who smashes his opponent and the referee - wins and becomes the Richmond President.

I'm not sure about the logistics of this? Would money be taken from the FTF so they could fly to NSW to make the bout legal??

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
its easy to resolve this

lmao

saw some UFC the other day for the first time; pretty good stuff.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
its easy to resolve this

lmao

saw some UFC the other day for the first time; pretty good stuff.

Hell, have you been living in a box?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"