Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 362761 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Hammertime
« Reply #1725 on: May 30, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »
Loved his rugby passes...innovative....

The best is when he crashes into someone neck 20 yards out from the goal he's Sposed to be defending

Then looks mortified the maggot paid a free against him
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1726 on: May 31, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Shaun Hampson has now assumed the No.1 ruck mantle at Richmond as he is viewed as a superior tap ruckman to Maric.

Hampson is ranked eighth in the competition for hitouts this season, despite not having played every game, and Goldstein's absence could see the former Blue have a big impact at the all-important stoppages.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-kangaroos-todd-goldstein-battling-to-take-on-richmond-tigers-20160531-gp7yj6.html

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1727 on: May 31, 2016, 08:43:08 PM »
If everyone (lburger, goldie) keeps getting hurt before we play them we might be alright
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1728 on: June 01, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »
A very sad time has been reached for the RFC

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1729 on: June 01, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
Shaun Hampson has now assumed the No.1 ruck mantle at Richmond as he is viewed as a superior tap ruckman to Maric.

Hampson is ranked eighth in the competition for hitouts this season, despite not having played every game, and Goldstein's absence could see the former Blue have a big impact at the all-important stoppages.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/north-melbourne-kangaroos-todd-goldstein-battling-to-take-on-richmond-tigers-20160531-gp7yj6.html

:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping.............Shut up nuffers... :lol :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1730 on: June 01, 2016, 03:54:41 PM »
I don't think anyone's argued he's not better a tap ruckman than Maric, though how many hit outs go to advantage? Is he a gun in general play around the ground now as well WAT?

Apart from his tap work, what did you like best about his match against Essendon WAT - the rugby passes, high tackles, the falling over for no apparent reason or missed marks?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1731 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »
I don't think anyone's argued he's not better a tap ruckman than Maric, though how many hit outs go to advantage?

Is that even a real stat? Sometimes when a tap goes straight down a rover's throat, it can be luck or brilliant work by the rover-and the rover only. Other times a ruckman will tap the ball beautifully into space and no teammate runs onto it. Does the ruck get punished because someone got the set play wrong? Inexact science.
Even though he can set the mids a bit of a task at times with his taps, I think overall he is giving our midfielders a good crack at it. He is actually doing well with hitouts. This is the highest compliment I have given Hampson, not that I am converted at all because he is just so ordinary around the ground.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1732 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:39 PM »
Nicnat

Goldie

Jacobs

The better ones seem to do it consistently.

Hitouts to advantage is a stat. Dunno how to find it. Perhaps it costs money like meters gained

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1733 on: June 02, 2016, 07:29:42 AM »
The only thing that matters is we extend his contract

Very important
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1734 on: June 02, 2016, 12:09:53 PM »
Hampson is the number 1 ruck at Richmond, what a stuffing achievement :lol. 8th in hit outs. Woah, I guess that puts him in the middle of the pack? Seems about right, considering a lot of teams also use 2 genuine ruckman sharing the load whereas Hampson does the bulk of the work for us. That oughta shut up all his critics

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1735 on: June 02, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »
Other teams rucks can catch kick defend attack ...

Ours can jump and tap  :bow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Abolition of the sub rule helps Shaun Hampson rejuvenate his career (H-Sun)
« Reply #1736 on: June 02, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »
Abolition of the sub rule helps Richmond ruckman Shaun Hampson rejuvenate his career

ELIZA SEWELL
Herald Sun
3 June 2016

REBORN Richmond ruckman Shaun Hampson says the abolition of the bench sub has helped rejuvenate his career.

Hampson steps out against league-leaders North Melbourne — and the game’s best ruck Todd Goldstein — in Hobart Friday night as the Tigers’ No. 1 big man.

After years of inconsistency and injury — he played just four games last year — the oft-maligned former Blue said the interchange reform had been a boon for him and other genuine tap ruckmen.

“I think having the interchange rule change, that’s made teams want to play one genuine ruckman,” Hampson said.

“You still get your teams playing two genuine rucks as well, but the change has probably worked to my advantage a little bit and to some other players.

“There’s definitely been a change. When I started it was all about that versatile (tall), but there’s definitely a shift back the other way now.”

Hampson had both ankles operated on during the off-season and had no expectations for this year with little training under his belt.

But he’s since forced former first choice ruckman Ivan Maric to the reserves and is averaging 29 hitout a game.

He wins almost 50 per cent of ruck contests, above average for the league. He’s also ranked above average for hit outs to advantage — almost 15 per cent.

“I couldn’t work on much except trying to get my body fit throughout the pre-season,” Hampson told the Herald Sun.

“I think my ruck work’s always been there, it’s just other parts of my game that have let me down, and my body to some extent.

“There’s been times when I’ve played two or three of my best games in a row and then something’s happened, I’ve got injured and missed two or three weeks and just can’t get back into the swing of things.

“I’ve only missed one game this year and the body’s feeling the best it has.”

There are parts of his game he needed to work on, his disposals is one, and coach Damien Hardwick is frank on that front.

“I think he’s not too interested in me kicking the ball,” Hampson said, laughing.

He said the fan criticism he’s received during his career, which started at the Blues in 2007, had been frustrating at times.

“It’s something that may have bothered me the first couple of years of footy, but it’s just something you come to expect now,” he said.

“I don’t read or listen to anything about the team in the media … I think that’s a mistake a lot of players make.

“You can read a positive article and feel quite good about yourself but then the negative ones, they sort of, on a player like me, who needs to be confident and up and about, can sort of take its toll a bit.

“I’ve learnt to just tune it out, just focus on my footy.”

On Friday night he takes on the game’s best, Todd Goldstein, a challenge he hasn’t faced since 2009, when Hampson was at Royal Pde.

“It will give me a really good indication of where I’m at compared to arguably the best ruckman, the most consistent ruckman, in the comp,” Hampson said.

“As much as I’m sure it’s going to be hard work, I’m looking forward to it as well.”

Out of contract at the end of the season, Hampson is letting his footy do the talking.

“We (Hampson and his manager) had a focus a month or two ago now to just play good footy and when the club’s ready to talk, we talk,” he said.

‘But until then, just play footy, focus on footy, don’t worry about it.

“I love the club and I’ve love to be with them for the future and hopefully finish my career there.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/abolition-of-the-sub-rule-helps-richmond-ruckman-shaun-hampson-rejuvenate-his-career/news-story/036a94b4bd74fb07655eb7643d1caafe

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1737 on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
You blokes had better get used to him being there.There is no one else.
Will probably get bagged but who gives a stuff. I could live with us keeping him as backup but that would mean the club will have to go out and get a decent ruckman and while at it a few juniors ones as well.
Just some more fodder for your cannons i think he has been almost servicable this yr. yeah he remains poor in areas and is not the answer we must do better.Just saying he has been better and done his job.
Can people remember last years E/F. Goldstein slaughtered us and gave his mids a free reign. Lets see  what happens this time around.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1738 on: June 02, 2016, 10:07:01 PM »
Good work Hammer

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1739 on: June 02, 2016, 11:11:22 PM »
You blokes had better get used to him being there.There is no one else.
Will probably get bagged but who gives a stuff. I could live with us keeping him as backup but that would mean the club will have to go out and get a decent ruckman and while at it a few juniors ones as well.
Just some more fodder for your cannons i think he has been almost servicable this yr. yeah he remains poor in areas and is not the answer we must do better.Just saying he has been better and done his job.
Can people remember last years E/F. Goldstein slaughtered us and gave his mids a free reign. Lets see  what happens this time around.

Geez man, youve lost your mind
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018